This (2x) week's editor progress:●●●●●●○○○○
- Completely converted to spritebatch-based image drawing
- Handy utilities for logging and performance measuring
- Some new GUI widgets, some improved
- Collect and report warnings to user upon level load/save
- Made performance/FPS not sink like lead poop when >1000 objects are on the map (see first point)
- Lots of other things
- Single-room preview in sidebar
- Basic undo stack
- Wrap it up and get back to the game before June
Topics I learned about this week:
- Sending texture geometry info (quads) to GPU instead of whole image
- What a spritebatch is and how to use it
- Closures, upvalues, and tail calls in Lua
Woof! Failed to post an update last week. 40 hr/week job + active band + 15-30 hrs/week game dev... my ability to skip sleep every other night is slipping. Stuff like this has started happening...
Not to mention: candies hangover. I know you all have it too.