Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:15:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLoot Panic
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Loot Panic  (Read 7161 times)
Boud
Level 0

They try to kill ya everytime...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »

Saw this in the devlog magazine thread, looks great, very nice style.  Beer!
Hey thanks ! I didn't even notice we were on the devlog magazine thread Smiley
funshark
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »

Hi folks, I've done some researches to refine the design of the "heroes" walking on top + a rough version of an idea we're testing ( a thief stealing items coming down ).
I'm also testing minor adjustments to color slots beside the player's bag : adding visible "free" slots to inform you that it can keep only 4 items.

Boud
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:35 AM »

The archer character reminds me of the first noitu love Smiley
I do like the new priest and knight, not so sold about the mage.

The thiefs look like ninjas they need hoods.

Yes I am commenting the game I'm working on  Gentleman
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:53:20 AM by Boud » Logged
funshark
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »

Heya people,

Our new artist, freshly recruited, is now drawing live on twitch !
http://fr.twitch.tv/FlyingMustaches

Wink
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:45:47 PM by funshark » Logged
antoniodamala
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »

jesus christ on a bike, look at those beautiful animations. Also the gameplay looks fun.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 08:30:36 PM by antoniodamala » Logged
funshark
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

Thx antoniodamala! We're working hard to polish the gameplay.

I've done some more researches on the thieves; especially on design & colors.
What do you think?

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 11:04:16 PM »

Wow, this looks awesome! :D
Seems like a great idea and the charming graphics just makes it that much better!

I actually liked the heroes better when they were just dark silhouettes..
It placed more focus on the player and everything below the bridge and also looked damn stylish Wink

The night setting makes it all feel sneaky though, like they're doing something forbidden, like littering or getting rid of a murder weapon Wink

-----------------

Just tried the current build and wanted to offer some feedback..

Yes, there are some issues with gameplay flow..
And I don't think the demanding merchant is helping, it forces you to focus too much on the colors.
You should also ask yourselves if you really need four colors, because it seems like 3 would be easier to manage.

Have you thought about combining items in the backpack? Like if you stack two, they combine into one?
Because I think it's much more fun to manage your backpack slots than to send the right color to the merchant.

You could also change the merchant so he's not demanding specific colors all the time.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:33:51 PM by Seiseki » Logged

funshark
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 05:41:02 AM »

Wow, this looks awesome! :D
Seems like a great idea and the charming graphics just makes it that much better!

I actually liked the heroes better when they were just dark silhouettes..
It placed more focus on the player and everything below the bridge and also looked damn stylish Wink

Thanks for the kind words Seiseki!
I first chose to represent the heroes with dark silhouettes because I didn't want the player focus too much on them and didn't want to characterize them too much either - that's what you're saying and that makes sense. BUT, times passed and the silhouette look seems a bit too much compared to the rest of the graphical elements, so I tried something else.
Nevertheless, the actual solution isn't really better and I'll coming back with a new approach soon Wink

Just tried the current build and wanted to offer some feedback..

Yes, there are some issues with gameplay flow..
And I don't think the demanding merchant is helping, it forces you to focus too much on the colors.
You should also ask yourselves if you really need four colors, because it seems like 3 would be easier to manage.

Thanks for your feedback, it's really what we're looking for and it's great to move forward on dev.
We will consider using 3 colors instead of 4, that could be easier that's right.

Have you thought about combining items in the backpack? Like if you stack two, they combine into one?
Because I think it's much more fun to manage your backpack slots than to send the right color to the merchant.

Yeah! that's something I thought about recently. Smiley
I'm not really sure atm how it could work, keeping the flow and everything.. but I think it could change the game to something more arcadish than before. And I really want to push the game in this direction!

You could also change the merchant so he's not demanding specific colors all the time.
Yep, that's an idea... needs some brainstorming though

thx for support!
Boud
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »

We have integrated the "Thief idea" we had to replace the current "small Monsters", hopefully we'll update the build next week so you guys can test it out and rip it to shreads if it's bad (or you just had a bad lunch).

From now on we'll try to experiment some ideas quickly (with authentic placeholder assets) and ask for feedback early on.

Stay tuned.
funshark
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 02:19:42 PM »

live on twitch. Designing the artefacts screen.
http://fr.twitch.tv/FlyingMustaches

and here the result !

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 03:47:39 PM by funshark » Logged
Mojo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

I really like how you chose to handle the artefacts screen, far more interesting than shallow GUIs. It's not finished yet or is it supposed to be black and white to emphasize on the artefacts ?

I like the middle thief better, the other looked a lot like ninjas. I'm wondering if it's not gonna be a pain to animate those guys ?

Keep it up guys, the game is shaping up nice (in the art department at least).
tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »

i totally want to collect those artefacts of yours  Addicted

Boud
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »

I really like how you chose to handle the artefacts screen, far more interesting than shallow GUIs. It's not finished yet or is it supposed to be black and white to emphasize on the artefacts

Thanks, no it's not gonna be b&w just not finished. We took our inspiration from bastion in that departement (amazing gui btw)

i totally want to collect those artefacts of yours  Addicted
Hey thanks ! I thought only epitech guys liked game making  Grin (just joking i knew some guys from the epitech gamelabs)
tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 02:00:35 PM »

Hey thanks ! I thought only epitech guys liked game making  Grin (just joking i knew some guys from the epitech gamelabs)

Well, even though most people are not interested in making games if they don't get a grade or something out of it, I managed to gather a small team on a rpg project, but we don't have much time to work on it at the moment.

Boud
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2012, 07:46:52 AM »

Hey thanks ! I thought only epitech guys liked game making  Grin (just joking i knew some guys from the epitech gamelabs)

Well, even though most people are not interested in making games if they don't get a grade or something out of it, I managed to gather a small team on a rpg project, but we don't have much time to work on it at the moment.
Yup that is the sad reality good luck with your project anyway !
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic