Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 02:15:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsChalk Rugby [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chalk Rugby [FINISHED]  (Read 6114 times)
grahamroberts
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2012, 03:09:42 PM »

Hi

Joining the party late,  not sure whether to use Unity or Game Maker for this. Not that comfortable with either to be honest.
Anyone any suggestions?

Chalk Rugby is a game that we used to play in the Scouts over here in England, when we should've been getting our Orienteering badge or whatever.

There's 2 teams, a board duster and 2 washing up bowls. Every time your team gets the duster in the opponents bowl you score a point.
Beyond that there are no other rules, so you can throw it in any direction, carry it, block the opposition, move the bowl.

I'm thinking of having it as a cup competition...

The screen will look something like this:-

I'll have some sort of time limit, and the control system will be a bit like what you get in a football game (sensible soccer!?).

Need to sort out those washing up bowls and make the duster and players clearer!

http://www.unknowngames.co.uk/chalkrugby/chalkrugby.html
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:54:41 AM by grahamroberts » Logged
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »

What a truly bizarre concept, but I do like bizarre stuff. The game window was to big for my laptops browser. I found the controls very difficult to use, have you considered changing them so that the player immediately moves in the direction pressed? Also the player I was controlling kept changing suddenly which was annoying. I tried to persevere, but in the end I couldn't even score one point.

grahamroberts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I should've made the screen a bit smaller.

I didn't find the controls or the game that difficult but then I have been
using them since day one. Perhaps it might've helped if it was more obvious which way you were facing. Also the decision to change who you were controlling could've been made smarter. Maybe only consider changing if the man was down or the control had not been changed for 3 seconds.

I thought the game was too easy so made the opponents quicker and stronger,
which may have been a mistake. That's always difficult as you get good at it while your testing it, so assume everyone else would find it easy.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic