Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

999290 Posts in 39213 Topics- by 30619 Members - Latest Member: Luux

April 23, 2014, 03:04:14 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsFinishedBocage - With Demo (4-1-2013)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Bocage - With Demo (4-1-2013)  (Read 1968 times)
Moromis
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »

Then I shan't!

Stuff looks weird. (it's nice that things are generally working on the first try nowadays though)

Unfortunately, even though the boss level is falling in place, the general engine is still a mess and I'm weighing the cost of redesigning the code.

Moromis
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 03:52:13 PM »

The demo is here. I have braced myself for the bug reports, so the time is nigh.

Here's the .exe

And here's the .swf

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Left/Right movement

Space - Jump

Z - Interaction with objects - the game tells you when you need it.

R - Restart the level, if needed.

The first area is the little forest clearing at the bottom right of the overmap. The demo ends after the first boss. There are 10 levels so far.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:25:03 PM by Moromis » Logged

Moromis
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 11:02:15 PM »

I feel like all the images I post are of odd bugs. This one is where I finally gave my butterfly smooth movement, but it also had a very large velocity left over from trying to get it to move nicer.

Changelog

Sounds have been added for:
-Scroll opening
-Cat picked up
-Birds taking off
-Rock Boss smashing
-Player death
And any others I forgot...
Various sound levels have been adjusted, though are still not perfect.

As for art, grass that waves when you walk over it, a frog, and a squirrel have been added. Post if you think of an animal that would fit, I'd like to do more flora and fauna.

I'll probably host a new build tomorrow, as I also fixed a rather serious bug.

Moromis
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 08:05:01 PM »

The .exe and .swf have been updated to a new version. I think I'm going to just call it good with this project and slap a finished badge on it. I started the game from this, originally, and once I got it to the state of completion that the tutorial detailed, I wasn't quite satisfied, so I embarked to implement wall jumping.

So, thinking of it as a way to learn Flixel inside out and work towards a working game demo with some cool features, I started adding features. And I've been doing that for weeks now. I believe now's the time to just say that, with the state of the code (it's shabby and ugly!), I really do want to just start something new. I hadn't ever coded before this game, so it took me a long time to do everything in this game. Anyways, do please play the game, I would like it if even one person played it, as it is technically a complete and hopefully interesting game, just lacking in a large breadth of plot or conclusion.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic