These last few weeks, we've been working a lot with the website and preparing for web alpha 4, as well as preparing for a special announcement
This is what's coming in a few weeks:Flowstorm alpha 4 (Web version):
• Local multiplayer 1v1 survival combat mode!
• New levels + 2 community levels
• Improved GUI
• Improved destruction model
• Scoreboards will highlight your position, even if you are outside top 13
• Login will be a browser cookie, so you don't have to relog every time
• Other minor changesTarget race levels (Like Shooting Range) have got some new changes:
• You no longer have to wait for the previous grenade to disappear to fire a new one
• Grenades are now limited by a set ammo count
• Targets can now be destroyed by your landing spikes.
(Since this is a gameplay change, we'll most likely clear the current scoreboards for Shooting Range for the next update)Website:
• Much better looking!
• Public game design document
• Level center: You can now comment and rate custom levels.
• Level center: You can now favorite levels, so they're easily accessible.
• Level center: Custom level scoreboards will be fully functional when standalone A4 goes live
• Forums (We won't leave this thread at TIG, don't worry)
• Single account; the same account is used for the game, level center and forums!
• Online users list
• Profile pages with statistics
• Front page with the latest news
• Account management (Change password, change email, etc)
• Some security improvements
We're currently looking for a way to work on the project full time, which just isn't possible at the moment. But we're working on it!
Here are some neat images anyway:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99714/Flowstorm/screenshots/levelcenter_6.jpghttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/99714/Flowstorm/screenshots/forums_2.jpghttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/99714/Flowstorm/screenshots/documentation.jpghttps://dl.dropbox.com/u/99714/Flowstorm/screenshots/profile.jpg