Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:08:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsMovemball [FINISHED]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Movemball [FINISHED]  (Read 8045 times)
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »

TLDR: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9780777/Movemball/Movemball.exe

Ladies and Gentlemen, has it ever occurred to you what time of year it is?

MY WORD! ITS MOVEMBALL SEASON!

Yes yes yes indeed, 'tis the time when the most groomed of groomed and the highest of morale fibers gather around and play a game of Movemball! What a wonderful sight if I do say so myself.  Gentleman

EGADS! WHAT IS MOVEMBALL?

My dear sir or madam, Movemball is but the sport of Kings! The bristliest of physical recreation! The face-piece of all we hold dear to our gentile and beautiful country! Why, Movemball has been one of the very most exciting and revolutionary past times this last century! Surely you must know of it by now!

'ZOUNDS! HOW DO I PLAY MOVEMBALL?

You wound me! Movemball is but a simple game, and involves 2 teams of 2 dapper moustaches, competing for the honour and glory of being crowned King of Movemball! It's simple really, you use your mouse cursor, your finger, or your mechanical-pen based tablets to aim and flick one of the players at the marvelous hair tonic in the centre of the field! It couldn't get any more simple!

What about Scoring? My dear man, this is a game of gentry and good sport! We will have no talk of point-scoring! That is most undignified.  My Word!

ASTOUNDING! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

You've come to the right place then chap! This fine establishment should provide more than enough training that your finely adorned stiff-upper lip plumage needs! Just visit the link below, tally ho'!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9780777/Movemball/Movemball.exe

INCREDIBLE! I'M YOUR ILLEGITIMATE LOVE-CHILD, WHAT ABOUT YOUR ESTATE?

Oh I see, good heavens, I'll be off then! Cheerio!

WAIT! MY INHERITANCE MONEY!

Screenshots

Instructions

Hold and drag the mouse over each moustache to aim, then release to launch them flying. Being such an ancient sport the rules have long since faded from memory. It's up to you to decide whether or not the points matter!

It is advised that you clear some space on your desktop, as this is strictly a two player game. Remember, whilst the players may be the utmost dignified of gentlemen, the coaches (that's you) are not. Wrestle, grapple, and shove each other to victory if you can; there's only one mouse and two of you, so be a good sport and get a little dirty, after all what's a sport without some good old fashioned displays of comic violence?  Well, hello there!

Hope you enjoy it!  Coffee
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 05:58:09 PM by Neonlare » Logged
Mallus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »

Very entertaining setting, well done. Be sure to publish it in the 'completed' section!
Fromage de Soja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »

It's perfect. Hand Clap
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »

My dear gentlemen, I am quite touched at your appreciation for the Sport of Movemball!  My Word! May I suggest a spot of tea and some scones with your rather smashing display of physical prowess?  Gentleman

And may I ask, if I dare so, to ask if you have any suggestions or perhaps critics of the sport so far? I would love to hear even more opinions!
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »

I've won! I think...

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »

Gadzooks! What an excellent gentlemans pursuit you've created My Word! and what a fine display of bristles you have on show for me, but alas the scores were tied Gentleman  Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

arcsin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 07:50:17 AM »

- elegant and fun! Good work!
- the descriptions of sound effects made ​​me smile
- I like the idea of having to share the mouse to play as a sort of board game between real gentleman

- sometimes the 'moustaches' lock and the status text begins to cycle like crazy
- at some point the ball locked in the upper part of the screen and was not easy to remove it from there

I'd love if there was more action, such as power-ups that appear randomly and give temporary powers (slow down others, speed) or create effects on the playing field a bit as in Worms
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic