Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:01:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsBowfishing Championship [working title]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bowfishing Championship [working title]  (Read 2029 times)
berareu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »

I spent several days staring blankly at the wiki list of sports with no results, trying to find some inspiration and I was almost giving it up when I found this...Bowfishing!
I didn't know that such a thing existed and I was like: "Wow, bows with reels for fishing...cool! I wanna make a game about it!  Evil"

So..here's my idea and a horrible sketch: a 2D scrolling game where the player has to compete against others (for now bots but it would be cool to make a multiplayer mode) and fish in different areas.

The objective is to get the highest score within the time limit but every fish is worth a different score, so the player has to search for the ones that are worth the most!
Since the fishes are not clearly visible, the player must recognize them based on their shape and their behaviour. Once you see a good fish, shoot you arrow and reel it in! Grin

I only have a simple prototype for shooting arrows made with Game Maker and for now it works  Smiley

In reality, bowfishing is not that different from regular fishing so I really wanna use the archery part of the game in a creative way and not just have the bow as a substitute for the fishing rod...I have already some ideas for that!
We'll see!  Grin

That's it for now...just wanna say that the game won't be too complicated since I don't have much time, hope I'll be able to finish it actually! Tongue
See you soon for more updates!  Cool
Mallus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »

If you manage to keep the artwork at the mockup's level, it'd be awesome!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic