Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998225 Posts in 39148 Topics- by 30559 Members - Latest Member: TinyAngryCrab

April 18, 2014, 07:39:58 AM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityCompetitionsSportsFLOG [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: FLOG [FINISHED]  (Read 7639 times)
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »

This is a really fun, great feeling game. I love the retro feel (the music!), reminds me of playing SNES.

One thing I wish I could change: the wavy/wobbly background. It's actually making me a bit dizzy so I had to take a break  Epileptic

Thanks! That's precisely the feel I was going for, of course.

Regarding the backgrounds: I'm just trying to hypnotize everyone. World domination, etc.

But seriously, thanks for being honest -- I don't know what I was thinking.  Facepalm

Greg Power
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

Really cool game! (It's defeated me pretty early on.)

I actually love the floating feeling.

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »

Really cool game! (It's defeated me pretty early on.)

I actually love the floating feeling.

Thanks!

The biggest problem is that I have no idea how difficult these puzzles are. I didn't really have the time to do enough testing. It's really hard to get people to play your game when it's not polished.

I learned a whole lot about puzzle design, though.

Any specific feedback about the puzzles?

GreyShock
Level 0

Deconstructeam

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 04:37:40 AM »

Hi ImpactJs comrade! :D

FLOG is amazing. The puzzles are really well designed and the look and feel is just perfect for the game. I reached level 12 (without solving lv6, i got stuck with it). I thing the difficulty curve is good, the new items are greatly introduced. You made a great job with this game :D

Sólo el que intenta cien mil veces lo absurdo es capaz de lograr lo imposible.
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 05:09:28 AM »

@GreyShock -- Thanks for the kind words. So far I've only heard from one person who's managed to solve all the puzzles; you're ranked #2 in my imaginary high-score table.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:41 AM »

I'm on a Mac. On Firefox, buttons grow invisible for some reason, but it's still playable once I figured out this fact. Possibly related to this error?

Code:
[14:38:41.686] IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount @ http://www.flog-game.com/game.min.js:51

Even balls went invisible at times... Gets frustrating, but I endured a few levels. Smiley

On Safari it never finished loading, so I checked the error console:

Code:
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/button.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/arrowBoost.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/smallBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/bigBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/mediumBounce.*

At any rate, this is super entertaining, and I like the twist on minigolf you have here. Good job!

edit: Forgot to mention; aesthetically brings me back to Kirby's Golf Course and the like, cool stuff!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:32:14 AM by agj » Logged

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 11:21:15 AM »

I'm on a Mac. On Firefox, buttons grow invisible for some reason, but it's still playable once I figured out this fact. Possibly related to this error?

Code:
[14:38:41.686] IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount @ http://www.flog-game.com/game.min.js:51

Even balls went invisible at times... Gets frustrating, but I endured a few levels. Smiley

On Safari it never finished loading, so I checked the error console:

Code:
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/button.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/arrowBoost.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/smallBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/bigBounce.*
Failed to load resource: media/sounds/mediumBounce.*

At any rate, this is super entertaining, and I like the twist on minigolf you have here. Good job!

edit: Forgot to mention; aesthetically brings me back to Kirby's Golf Course and the like, cool stuff!

Yup, I had the same problems in Firefox myself. Now that I know it's not just me, I'll look into it soon. Thanks for the actual error log! Useful.

Glad you like it; I'm elated that someone mentioned Kirby's Dream Course, because it was my original inspiration! It's also a very under appreciated game.  Beer!

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »

Yeah, FLOG is kind of like that crossed with Chu Chu Rocket maybe? Haha.

Played some more, level 12 has me stumped; those crazy portals!

edit: Just realized that I called the game 'Golf Course' in my previous post, why'd I do that.

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 02:22:54 PM »

Fixed the Firefox-related issues. Still trying to figure out why the keyboard controls aren't registering on Kongregate.

Fifth
Level 10

yoster_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 04:22:56 PM »

Sweet, cleared all the levels!

It's a solid game with some well-thought-out puzzles.  15 had me stuck for a while.
And the title screen progression is very clever.
Good stuff!
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »

Sweet, cleared all the levels!

It's a solid game with some well-thought-out puzzles.  15 had me stuck for a while.
And the title screen progression is very clever.
Good stuff!

Thanks! Smiley Any idea how long it took to complete?

Fifth
Level 10

yoster_5@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »

The game as a whole?  I'm not sure... maybe an hour?
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

Yeah I'm just trying to get a feel for how long the puzzles take -- it's really hard for me to know since I know the solutions. Thanks!

Next time I'll include some statistics logging so I can see how people solve puzzles and adapt as I go.

Ted Martens
Level 3

aka savethedinosaurs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 01:15:44 AM »

I love this! I got to level 5 or 6 and then Chrome crashed, might have been something else that did it (Sugar Loco Wrestling was loading too). I really liked the idea and the small details. The song and victory jingle are fantastic! I'll try it out again later  Smiley

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 01:49:09 AM »

I love this! I got to level 5 or 6 and then Chrome crashed, might have been something else that did it (Sugar Loco Wrestling was loading too). I really liked the idea and the small details. The song and victory jingle are fantastic! I'll try it out again later  Smiley

Thanks -- I haven't heard about any crash bugs (yet) so hopefully it was a fluke. The victory jingle and title screen music came from a royalty-free song pack from Garry J Lee and the rest of the tunes are by Russian programmer/musician/gentleman extraodrinaire, Shiru.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic