Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:37:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPegJam 4! January 11-13, 2013 in Winnipeg
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: PegJam 4! January 11-13, 2013 in Winnipeg  (Read 11290 times)
Chronometrics
Level 0

www.chronometry.ca

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »

How frustrating. Been watching for the signup since dec 7th, and it happens to go up during the one week I'm on vacation, and sells out before I get back. I'll be watching to see if those extras pop up, but if not I hope you fellows enjoy yourselves. Perhaps a slightly larger venue next time? =)
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »

I like how I got demoted from "Rad People" to "People from Toronto"  Wink

We're bringing droqen and d20love too, yeah. I'm driving. 22 hours go  Tired

So excited to see err'budy and have many hugs and influence the local population into ordering poutine that doesn't exist
ProtoJazz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »

Depending on how you wanted to use the space, we could slide the cabinets against the wall and De partition the space. Use the big confrence table and perhaps even the desks on the other side of that. I know I've talked to a few people who were not able to grab tickets fast enough

Edit : also, when does it start. The page just says Friday. And while that works for me, I'm not sure it works for everyone
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »

Sorry to miss you guys on this! Just dropping in to send my <3 <3 <3 Have fun Smiley
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 02:39:20 PM »

Depending on how you wanted to use the space, we could slide the cabinets against the wall and De partition the space. Use the big confrence table and perhaps even the desks on the other side of that. I know I've talked to a few people who were not able to grab tickets fast enough

Do you guys think we could fit 40? We're already up to 34 or so. XD

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »

How frustrating. Been watching for the signup since dec 7th, and it happens to go up during the one week I'm on vacation, and sells out before I get back. I'll be watching to see if those extras pop up, but if not I hope you fellows enjoy yourselves. Perhaps a slightly larger venue next time? =)

Hmm yeah let's see if we can squeeze you in. Smiley

(if not, we might even be able to do something like... have one group of people working at a cafe nearby and switch them out every so often etc...?)

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »

Edit : also, when does it start. The page just says Friday. And while that works for me, I'm not sure it works for everyone

We usually start setting up Friday afternoon and people start trickling in.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:46:32 PM by Alec » Logged

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »

I like how I got demoted from "Rad People" to "People from Toronto"  Wink

Everyone who is coming is rad in their own special way...  Waaagh!

We're bringing droqen and d20love too, yeah. I'm driving. 22 hours go  Tired

Sweet!  Beer!

So excited to see err'budy and have many hugs and influence the local population into ordering poutine that doesn't exist

YES.

ProtoJazz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »

Do you guys think we could fit 40? We're already up to 34 or so. XD

I suppose it depends on how big everyones stuff is, and how spread out we get. We had about 15 or so in the classroom area, and we were spread out , and only on one side of the table, I think if we used the other side of the tables too we could get to 30. We could probably move stuff a bit and reach 40. Only thing is We probably shouldnt spill into the lounge area. I dont think everyone would be ok with that. But I think we could easily use the conference table as well
mattfox12
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 08:49:58 AM »

If anyone still needs a place to stay, I'm looking at either a hotel room to split (Marlborough is a very short distance from the jam), or something from AirBNB (I'll have a car).

Anyone interested in splitting either of these? I can reserve it, and you could help me out with Canadian money. Smiley

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »

Pegjam T-Shirt design

ProtoJazz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2013, 12:58:05 PM »

Id actually kind of hoped that it would just be a white shirt with green text saying "We're still designing it..."
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »

Id actually kind of hoped that it would just be a white shirt with green text saying "We're still designing it..."

Haha, yeah that could have actually worked  Tongue

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »

PEGJam shirts are always so damn good.
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »

yo yo supa cool yo I used asciitable and I'm sort of proud of myself for figuring that out but if I was a real programmer I wouldn't need asciitable and

I'm excited for PEGjam.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »

PEGJam shirts are always so damn good.
Thanks, bro! Marlon did all the previous ones, I did this one Smiley

yo yo supa cool yo I used asciitable and I'm sort of proud of myself for figuring that out but if I was a real programmer I wouldn't need asciitable and

I'm excited for PEGjam.
Me too. Beer!

PowRTocH
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »

Sad I can't make this, but have fun guys! hugs
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:58 AM »

Sad I can't make this, but have fun guys! hugs

*hugs*

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:38 AM »

We may have a semi-official "secondary" venue, since we're kinda full and more people wanna show up. Smiley

Hand Fork Left Gomez Hand Knife Right

Winnipeg Free Press News Cafe is an option... it has food, power, "free" wifi (you have to get a code and it expires after a while, bit annoying but sometimes you can pick up other open networks nearby), and it's close to Skullspace.

(people jamming at Skullspace could stop by the secondary venue to visit and vice versa)

News Cafe hours are not that great:
FRI: 8am - 10pm
SAT: 9am - 6pm
SUN: 9am - 5pm

I suppose people could show up to this secondary venue without a ticket. But if you want one of our extra tshirts, you'd have to pay up.

Smiley  Hand Money Right

graebor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »

Myself and 2 friends will be showing up at the secondary location, the News Cafe sounds okay, but we're open to moving around if necessary. We were intending to pay for tickets but the event sold out before we got them, so we'll still contribute to help out with costs (and get some awesome shirts if there are enough left over!) Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic