Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:46:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTeleglitch is out now!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Teleglitch is out now!  (Read 5926 times)
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »

I'm happy to announce that Teleglitch is now released.

You can find more info, the demo (and a full copy Shocked ) at www.teleglitch.com   

I hope you like it.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »

Excellent! I've been looking forward to this. Just played the demo for a bit, it's hot stuff. Probly gona buy but it'd be nice if you had the price somewhere on the website.

FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:40:08 AM »

Congrats!  I've played the demo a bit, I really dig the art style.  You should try to get this green-lit on steam, I'd vote for it!
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »

Congrats! Teleglitch is great!

Had a lot of fun playing the feedback version. Look forward to playing the full version.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »

I really enjoy this, I played the demo and immediately bought it! I've only gotten up to level 3 so far. Some situations seem just a leeetle bit unfair Tongue The art style is great, and the weapon effects are awesome. Congrats on an awesome game  Hand Joystick Screamy Hand Joystick

ACOM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 01:19:42 AM »

Nice! But why "roguelike" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike. It's a top down shooter, not a rpg, isn't it?
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »

Congratulations! Great to see this finished, one of the more interesting games I've encountered around here Smiley I might end up buying it if given enough free time for gaming Hand Any Key

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »

Nice! But why "roguelike" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike. It's a top down shooter, not a rpg, isn't it?
Because at least for me, roguelikes aren't about roleplaying at all. It's more about punishing the player for wrong(stupid?) moves/decisions with permanent death and doing it so that the player wont get frustrated, but will instead try something else until he succeeds.
I've never actually thought about it as a pure roguelike, but I think that "roguelike shooter" would be quite accurate description for that. Altough I hate pinholing games in genres.

Congratulations! Great to see this finished, one of the more interesting games I've encountered around here Smiley I might end up buying it if given enough free time for gaming Hand Any Key
Thanks.

Also, it's really nice to see this game at http://www.tigsource.com/

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »

Hey, this looks great! There aren't any specs on the site - what are the odds this runs on my Netbook? Fair? Low? Middlin'?
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »

Just try the demo. Most of it was made on a 3GHz Pentium 4 and geforce 440mx, but it might not run fast enough on that any more.

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »

Runs amazingly on my old intel i3

On a lesser note:

this game is magic, id love to speak with the developer(s) himself or herself about how certain effects were achieved

i see glsl files for shaders and I know for a fact that the computer I ran it on doesn't support shading so I'm really curious as to how the shading (divergence of colors when a firearm is shot, the distortion of the screen) was done

Really. If you're the developer and you're reading this, I really want to PM you. Please.

On topic, this game is wonderful.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:25:04 PM by #Sharp » Logged

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 01:06:33 AM »

Really. If you're the developer and you're reading this, I really want to PM you. Please.

epcc is the developer. And the only programmer if I remember correctly Smiley

Ashkin
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:29:59 AM »

Whoa, this is pretty awesome. I'm still playing the demo, and I may buy it if I'm really hungry for more.
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 01:33:44 AM »

Is there a reason the paygate asks for my personal info even if I choose to pay with paypal? Can't it just leech it off the paypal account?

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 03:39:36 AM »

Nice game! Well done!, reminds me of "Tapan kaikki 4" Tongue

Working on the game and trying to help others on the way!

If you ever need tips let me know! I will gladly help
ACOM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 06:31:12 AM »

Because at least for me, roguelikes aren't about roleplaying at all. It's more about punishing the player for wrong(stupid?) moves/decisions with permanent death and doing it so that the player wont get frustrated, but will instead try something else until he succeeds.
I've never actually thought about it as a pure roguelike, but I think that "roguelike shooter" would be quite accurate description for that. Altough I hate pinholing games in genres.

Perfect! Nice to see you at Destructoid :D http://www.destructoid.com/review-teleglitch-239995.phtml
Kepa
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »

Whoa, this game is really good! I was (and still am) planning on making something similar to this next year, but as an FPS rather than top-down shooter.

Anyway, buying it and telling others about it.
Kepa
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 01:05:14 PM »

It's kind of buggy. The lack of save (to continue later) is also kind of annoying because the levels can take 15-20 minutes to clear them out, and you'll want to do this for supplies to survive the later levels. Even the first level feels just a tad too long to me on repeats...

Some really bad bugs:

- I got to the presumably final boss of level 10, hit TAB to check the map of his room, and then the game crashed to desktop. This also cleared all my data to that point, so it's like all that time vanished.
- Alt-tabbing also tends to crash the game for me. Windows 7 here.
- Getting locked out of boss rooms that close on you. Eventually I stopped reflexively dodging out of rooms, though. Still, pretty annoying when it happens.

Getting to the boss and having it crash was a real downer.  Screamy
epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »

I can almost feel your pain.
I hope to release a patch next week. Amongst other things it should fix getting locked out of boss rooms bug and level10 map bugs. Can't reproduce that alt-tabbing anywhere, so I dunno how would I go about fixing that.
Save feature is also on the high-priority list.

Kepa
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 12:41:56 AM »

I played again today and won. Then I speed-ran it to win a second time, still took about an hour though, and that's only because I started at level 5.

It's generally best to just enter the elevator as soon as you see it, it turns out. Exploring may get you more loot, but it may not justify all the extra ammo (and time) you're going to spend. Also, the later weapons you get make the earlier weapons obsolete, especially as everything gets armor. This makes really cleaning out the earlier levels double pointless.

In the end I use the rifle-nv, the heavy rifle, the cannon, the lasermod, and the tesla. I prefer the better aim of the rifle-nv versus the upgraded version, and it's my default weapon at that point. Heavy rifle is just there to make use of its separate ammo. The heaviest armor targets get nuked by the laser, and the bots can drop a huge amount of nvrifle ammo, enough to sustain its use. Squids get killed by the rifles or the cannon if I'm in a hurry, and the laser ammo they can drop really adds up, especially with how efficient the gun is. Tesla's exclusively for those spastic gray-guards. Then I carry one more weapon, usually the machinegun, just to blow up walls.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic