Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:41:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat is your elevator pitch?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: What is your elevator pitch?  (Read 9948 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »

You finally had embraced the structural ways

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »

Dude. You never understood. I am as structured as they come. I program for a living. You always had it backwards.

One day you'll see my work, and when that day comes I think a lot of things will click for you, regarding our previous discussions. Though those discussions were stimulating regardless. Thank you. Tongue.
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2013, 03:54:42 AM »

That's a really awesome approach Graham. I just referred someone to your post to help them out with writing a blurb for their game's website.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »

i tend to think elevator pitches are less important nowadays because of the proliferation of youtube trailers. it's easier to just embed a trailer of your game on your site than write a few sentences about it; most people visiting the site will skip the sentences anyway

however, this is what eva has written for SD's website right now:

one-sentence
Save your friends. Save your enemies. Save yourself.

one-paragraph
Saturated Dreamers is an open-world adventure game set on Lake, a sentient ice planet that holds many secrets from expeditionists Mercedes and co. Players assume control of the Leda, a ship equipped with unique gadgets that can be used to solve puzzles, befriend creatures, and purify Lake's waters.

looking over it now, expeditionists kind if is too easily mistaken for exhibitionists tho, so it's probably not the best word to use there, but this isn't final

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »

The elevator pitch was always meant as more of an exercise than something directly practical. If you had one day to live what would you do? Not so that when the day comes you'll be prepared, but so you'll know what to do when you have many days. Exercise. Not practical, only sometimes. Exercise.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »

I'm pretty happy with my elevato pish but I'll post it here in case anyone think it needs work;

It might be a bit long?

Kingdoms Rise is a multiplayer sword fighting game, aiming to create tense and strategic sword encounters and to let players become their ideal fantasy warrior. Using customization of spells, weapons and armor player can trail their loud-outs by combat and rise through the ranks of competitive play.

Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »

i tend to think elevator pitches are less important nowadays because of the proliferation of youtube trailers. it's easier to just embed a trailer of your game on your site than write a few sentences about it; most people visiting the site will skip the sentences anyway

however, this is what eva has written for SD's website right now:

one-sentence
Save your friends. Save your enemies. Save yourself.

one-paragraph
Saturated Dreamers is an open-world adventure game set on Lake, a sentient ice planet that holds many secrets from expeditionists Mercedes and co. Players assume control of the Leda, a ship equipped with unique gadgets that can be used to solve puzzles, befriend creatures, and purify Lake's waters.

looking over it now, expeditionists kind if is too easily mistaken for exhibitionists tho, so it's probably not the best word to use there, but this isn't final

I think the elevator pitch is still important because you need to get people to click on the trailer in the first place.

Immortal Defense's one line summary doesn't describe the game at all, and would not make a reasonable elevator pitch, either to investors or prospective players.

I agree that 'expeditionist' reads oddly.  It's a legitimate but little-used word.  I'd say 'Mercedes and her expedition'.  Also, when pitching at players, using 'you' rather than 'players' may be more engaging.

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2013, 01:58:38 AM »

Cool thread
I have to re-work on my pitch of star and light 1.0
It seems very bad haha

Thanks Gymim for the head-up

The generic info of star and light , my first true game
Star and light 1.0 : The Red sacrifice is a puzzle flash game with a zest of adventure and action

Play as Adhara and resolve the deathlight puzzles of the Old abandoned Olorun Temple.
Star and light features more than 28 secret achivements , a new game+, Mini-games ,
a gameplay with a story and cut scenes/dialogues ,a secret dungeon to unlock etc.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic