Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:02:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations2D Artist looking to make some new connections! (Pixel Artist Take-a-Look)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2D Artist looking to make some new connections! (Pixel Artist Take-a-Look)  (Read 1337 times)
Kaaeden
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:12:01 PM »

Hey, I'll cut out the long back story of why I aspire to be a game developer lol; I'll simply say that I've developed a decent set of skills in terms of designing games, ranging from story-plot developing, concept design, game-play design, and my forte which is art & art-concepts.

Here's a small portfolio of some of my work; http://kenskaeden.carbonmade.com/  It's not a lot, just all the work that was backed up after my computer crashed.

I'm looking for variety of people with different skill sets or even the same as mine! Fun people to talk to, discuss ideas and maybe even attempt(whether fail or succeed) projects with. All in an effort to expand my network(and yours as well) of people interested in game design past the single friend I have that shares the same hobby. *blah blah blah* *more words you may not care for* *single, Pisces, long walks on the beach, yeah that stuff*

Anyway you get the gist?, Send me a message! or two!

!!Pixel Artist!!( <-- If you see this in your peripherals before you finish reading the above, feel free to skip ahead and read this.

I'm a decent pixel artist, I can pixel anything I can imagine; with the time and patience. I went to the beach one day to get some exercise but mainly to observe the waves and ripples to try to develop a systematic way of making a surface water pixel-tile animation. (I did develop that method BTW). Long story short! It inspired me to want to create a game or game-like environment that is made of pixels, yet portrays lighting,texture hints, animation and effects similar to that of a realistic environment. All the while still having bold colors and scenery based on fantasy. It may sound like an oxymoron, a Realistic-Fantasy art concept, but Is really just making an environment that's noticeably pixel art, but contains lighting, animation and effects that lay on the borderline of Realistic and Fantasy.
Please send me a message if your interested, I'd be more than happy to discuss techniques, tips and everything related to such.

regards,
Kaaeden.

There are three types of people in this world; those who can count and those who can't. -bumper sticker.
Solidplasma
Level 0

"I exist to create."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »

Hey! Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on here. My name's Evan, and I've made a few games, but I'm pretty lousy at art. Let me know if you ever want to work on something together, I've got one particular project idea that is sort of long term in that it would have a lot of content and would require a lot of artist and design input, but I feel would be really rewarding. Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance.
koocmada
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:17:06 PM »

Hey, my name is Adam. If you're up for going 50/50 on some iphone/ipad apps and possible android based on performance shoot me an email at [email protected]. Its a hobby I would like to turn into a career some day and I just really want to make some badass games.
Kaaeden
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »

Nice to meet you Adam and Eve[Evan*]. Coffee

I'll probably send you two emails as well, but just in case I happen not to send anything by today or tomorrow.

It's great to meet you two. I'm currently working on a project with another member, but I look forward to collaborating with or even discussion projects for games with you sometime in the future.

There are three types of people in this world; those who can count and those who can't. -bumper sticker.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic