Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:32:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDisorder
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Disorder  (Read 5719 times)
loading_screen
Level 0

swagger coach

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:19:44 PM »

Hey everyone!

After 2.5 years of development, Disorder is done and coming out January 13th on Steam. I'd like to thank everyone that helped play test the game in its early stages and hope that you enjoy it. It's been a long journey filled with blood, sweat, tears, and snot, but we're really happy with how the game turned out and hope it really resonates with people.

Here are a couple of trailers:

Gameplay / Release date trailer:

Narrative / Live-Action trailer:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:25:00 PM by loading_screen » Logged

swag
Gagege
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:11:40 AM »

Nice game. It has one of the coolest "tutorials" I've ever seen. I almost didn't notice it. The game was slow paced, which fit the theme, and that's a very good thing.

I found that I couldn't coordinate my thumb to press space at the right time so I ended up hitting the space bar with my right hand. Just thought I'd point that out. I'll keep an eye on this project. I want to know what happened to the little brother.

blog
Soli Deo Gloria
Ingshtrom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:35:03 AM »

I didn't get a whole lot of time to play it, but what I did play of it was pretty sweet.  The reason I actually tried the game was because of Gagege's comment about the first room.  I fell in love with it!  Great work and following!

Current DevLog: Finding Home (platformer/shooter)
loading_screen
Level 0

swagger coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

Thanks for playing. If you guys could fill out the little survey below the game that would be awesome.

Also you can play using the Arrow Keys and not just WASD.

swag
Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »

This is really cool. I answered the survey after finishing it.

I like the parallelism between the disorder and the dimension switching gameplay. It looks like it could be a promising bigger game. Not big, but not so short as it is now. Maybe you find further gameplay mechanics that can be tied to the same story/metaphors?

Also, more stuff in the background that fits each side of the disorder, doesn't have to affect gameplay at all, but to make it more obvious that it's two different sides of the person.

I also said in the survey that the text that appears every now and then in the game, is easy to overlook while you play, since it appears while you're doing something.

Anyway, good job! Smiley

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »

Seems very promising! I stopped playing because I don't want to ruin the experience once the game is released. Wink

Master of all trades.
AlexStv
Level 0

Based on real events!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:56 AM »

Wow, I really enjoyed that a lot. I loved the slow pace and the theme and they fit really well together, I missed a lot of the text though, got too focused on the gameplay. I hope you expand this into a decently sized game!

Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 07:12:44 AM »

Nice so far, but for whatever reason I can't seem to get past the part with "give me space". When I press space a picture appears, it fades to the title, and then fades to black. Even when I use the next level key, it just brings me back to the beginning. Is that all you implemented?
loading_screen
Level 0

swagger coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »

@Gravity Games there should be a fade out (after the picture fades) and a fade In to level 01. Try refreshing the page or just using the skip level Key which is "U".

-Ah I just looked at the page and there's a type "U" is the skip level key not "I". I'll fix that now. thanks for catching that.

swag
Spilli
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

I really like the concept. And the art style is awesome!

Good job!  Beer!
secv
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »

Hello! I'm one of the friends working on the game, art specifically. I'm glad you all are enjoying what we have and thanks to those that answered some questions for us.

Hopefully we'll have more for you soon!
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »

I tried to play it but I see nothing. I only hear a door shut and then the music. Only black is displayed.
onionsalad
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »

I tried to play it but I see nothing. I only hear a door shut and then the music. Only black is displayed.

Try again with the latest build (click the link in the OP again)! Depending on your connection and/or the hosting, the game sometimes takes a while to load. Originally, it would remain black during the pre-load, but now there's a Flixel pre-loader that shows its progress.
secv
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 10:05:22 PM »

Just poppin in to say a newer build of the game has been uploaded to the testing site! A lot of things have changed since then even though it was only last Friday, so hopefully there will be a new build sooner now that the team is able to work together more often and in person.
loading_screen
Level 0

swagger coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »

Hey everyone,

We just updated the testing site and we Really need people to try out Level 3. If you've played level 1 and 2 before just use the "U" key to skip a level. Also please fill out the survey after you've played the game.

Here are some sexy screenshots

swag
secv
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 06:08:15 PM »

Yes! Please do give the new build a try, we're nearing the end of our development time. Also, if you want to see some art/animation specific updates check here: http://thesecv.blogspot.com/

I update whenever I finish something for the game.
loading_screen
Level 0

swagger coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

Hey everyone,

We've put up another build. You can now customize your controls. There's also a bunch of small tweaks and new art. Please test the game and fill out our new survey!

swag
ra51
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »

At first i thought this game was gonna suck but after playing it, its actually quite good Smiley! Got me hooked for a while. The jumping parts are really frustrating though!
Versigtig
Level 0

... carefully, now.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »

You have a pretty interesting game here so far. I will admit, I did not intend to get hooked into playing it as I did. The jumping mechanics and difficulty progress at a pretty steady level and so I never felt frustrated by that.

However, one thing that did make me quit the game before finishing it is the placement of your respawn points. You need to place the respawn points closer to the actual action of a difficult part as I tended to die frequently at these and it was fairly annoying to have to wait to be pulled up by one of those sparkling elevator things just to get to the hard part, only to die again. Any game in which dying is a given and multiple retries are a necessity needs to put the player right back into the action as soon as possible. Super Meat Boy is a great example of this; there is almost no lag between dying and being able to try again- it is instant.

Also, the jumping and movement of the player feels a little slow. When the mechanic of the game is essentially just movement I tend to expect a bit more reactive controls so that I can better place where I am going to be. As it stands now it just feels a bit muddled. Maybe try playing around with the movement speed settings to see what comes of it?

Other than those small gripes I can't wait to see the finished game. I think that adding some more "fluff" graphics around the levels would help immensely as the repeating red/green rock does get old on the eyes after awhile. I'm guessing you want to finish the game-part of the game first, of course, and then go back and fill in eye-candy later, so it is understandable.

Good job so far! (I love pausing for a moment to read the little shizo-text-blurbs that appear every once in awhile. Decent writing and it really helps to immerse me in the character's world and state of mind while completing the challenges.)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:58 AM »

So, this game was on Steam Greenlight just today. I wanna make sure the guy who put this on Steam is the same guy who actually made this game.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic