Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1038418 Posts in 41963 Topics- by 33588 Members - Latest Member: JayJaySut

September 02, 2014, 08:42:54 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityCompetitionsSportsSpwords [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Spwords [FINISHED]  (Read 2510 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »

@louroboros: Wow, if that's a serious suggestion, totally! How would the pairing work, though? Linking to a specific URL, say? (http://www.game.com/?id=355543)

@DISHTY: Woops, I introduced a bug in some fix I did earlier. Words already played you shouldn't be able to repeat. Thanks for the heads up; I'll fix it.

edit: And it works as intended again!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:27:33 AM by agj » Logged

Pierrec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:17 AM »

I love the text display! It makes the game feel pretty epic.
I think it would be funnier player vs player though, even if it was funny to watch the computer panicking and typing gibberish. ^^

ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »

I figured out the rules but it's quite hard, and the scrolling gets a little annoying after a while and got nothing at all to do with tennis. But the idea is good nonetheless and I'd like to see a polished version.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »

Thanks for playing!

@ananasblau: Curious to hear what you'd imagine this being if it were 'better polished'. I personally don't find it lacking much polish; it's small, which is not the same thing as it being unpolished.

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »

@louroboros: Wow, if that's a serious suggestion, totally! How would the pairing work, though? Linking to a specific URL, say? (http://www.game.com/?id=355543)

Yeah I'd set it up so you go thegame.com/<id>. It can be done pretty easily with node.js and socket.io.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 07:29:29 AM »

@louroboros: Prime Ministered.

superfoonly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »

This is a lot of fun! The timer really puts a lot of pressure on you, especially when you get into long rallies back and forth. One suggestion: allow the player to press enter at the end of a game to restart, I kept having to refresh the page. Otherwise, well done!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »

So, I've made several improvements to the game (in an off-compo version), most notable the presence of a hotseat multiplayer mode! So, those of you who wanted to compete against a real life frend, you can now. For online friends, you'll have to wait a little. This one also features a slightly more difficult computer opponent.

Here you go: http://www.agj.cl/files/games/spwords/fortwo/

@superfoonly: Thanks! Yes, you're supposed to press refresh. That is by design; I like the deliberate action, and the sense of starting over. Otherwise it would feel like a loop, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:26:44 AM by agj » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic