Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 12:42:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCO-OP TACTICAL STEALTH ACTION (Join Co-Op Alpha Test!)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: CO-OP TACTICAL STEALTH ACTION (Join Co-Op Alpha Test!)  (Read 10470 times)
Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »

DieCrypter

Story
You take on the role of a Human Being, who has been preserved in NEKUR like everyone else and given their own Avatar... The Avatar this user was given, has became glitched for an unknown reason, whether it was on purpose or not is not known. This glitch, has somehow altered the Humans psyche and as a result, has caused him to go berserk.

Gameplay
The player(s) must navigate the antagonist, DieCrypter, through the game world without being killed.

To remain undetected, the player can perform techniques which make use of both DieCrypters abilities and the environment, hiding around walls, and making noise to distract enemies.
These are carried out using the third-person camera, DieCrypter can also make use of many items and gadgets, such as mines, baits or a static grenades and many other things.

The emphasis on stealth promotes a less violent form of gameplay, as fights against large groups of enemies will often result in serious damage for the player(s).

Cooperative gameplay (often abbreviated as co-op) is a feature that allows players to work together as teammates against AI opponents. Playing simultaneously allows players to assist one another in many ways: passing weapons or items, healing, providing covering fire in a firefight, and performing cooperative maneuvers such as boosting a teammate up and over obstacles.

Videos:
YouTube Search

Screenshots:

----------------------------------------------------------

Feedback is appreciated, negative and bad!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:48:31 AM by VitaliKirpu » Logged

Working on the game and trying to help others on the way!

If you ever need tips let me know! I will gladly help
Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:13:27 AM »

Devlog # 3: Camera, Gadgets and Katana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQn1Wuvy1yM&feature=youtu.be

I dont know if katana is right fit for the game...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:57:27 AM by VitaliKirpu » Logged

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »

make it a beam katana Wink

this looks promising but maybe make movement more free 360 degree style even if the levels are all 90 degree angle designed.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »

Pretty interesting. I like the graphical style you've got going, as well. I think Alex is right - 360 degree movement might seem more natural for the game style you've got.

JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:02:58 AM »

I think the existing movement makes sense given the grid patterns and so on.

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »

First, the menu background looks absolutely awesome. Second, the appearing and dissappearing cubes are really confusing.
I think that it would be a good idea if you deleted the cubes which are above the areas where you can walk as they are unnecessary and I would disable the dissappearing of cubes which are obstructing the player. Tweak the levels and the cubes so they are not annoying, instead. That way it will be much clearer. You could also use a few different colors for the cubes so everyting isn't just blue.
krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »

Cool graphics!
At first I thought that the fire button was broken but it worked when an enemy was in range/sighted.
I thought that the movement was a bit to restricted, but that might be a design decision that I can't really understand at this stage of development.

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »

make it a beam katana Wink

this looks promising but maybe make movement more free 360 degree style even if the levels are all 90 degree angle designed.

Good Suggestion about Katana, Katana is now fitting pretty nicely, i use same shader for it as a player, it looks nice now.

Pretty interesting. I like the graphical style you've got going, as well. I think Alex is right - 360 degree movement might seem more natural for the game style you've got.

Alex is might be right, but i myself think that degree 90 movement fits better than 360 degree movement, but i dont want to close this possibility, probably if there will be big argument over it i will do some kind pool to see what players want.

I think the existing movement makes sense given the grid patterns and so on.

Agree with you on that. Smiley

First, the menu background looks absolutely awesome. Second, the appearing and dissappearing cubes are really confusing.
I think that it would be a good idea if you deleted the cubes which are above the areas where you can walk as they are unnecessary and I would disable the dissappearing of cubes which are obstructing the player. Tweak the levels and the cubes so they are not annoying, instead. That way it will be much clearer. You could also use a few different colors for the cubes so everyting isn't just blue.

You are right about this, and i tried myself different tricks about this, but so far i have not found anything that would be acceptable, even this current design, i dont like it as much as you do... so i will need to think something else... ^^, like your avatar btw.

Cool graphics!
At first I thought that the fire button was broken but it worked when an enemy was in range/sighted.
I thought that the movement was a bit to restricted, but that might be a design decision that I can't really understand at this stage of development.

i respect your opinion,  Smiley

Thank you for the feedback guys, i will upload devlog #4 today or tommorow, theme for dev log will be "Improved AI, AI HQ Backup feature, New Weapons: Magnum, Shotgun and Flying Drone Craft"!

And to keep you entertained, here is random a screenshots from the "Digital Jungle"

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:47 AM »

vr missions were cool imo
pixhead
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »

I love the visual style, and I will admit that it took me longer than expected to figure out the shoot mechanic.

I do have a question though, for the shoot mechanic, what happens when there are two enemies in range? Is there some way to switch the locked on target?
Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 01:51:50 PM »

Hey, i promised an dev update video for today, well i will have to release it tommorow, because there is something that i am not very happy with just yet.

So i hope you all will understand. Today i finished HQ Dispacher AI, guard co~Up logic, sweep ai logic ( searches for player in all possible places), then i made 20 sfx ai files, i just love doing this ones, gives life to ai. Smiley

Oh.. And chris wrote small preview! http://indiestatik.com/2012/12/04/diecrypter-might-want-you-to-kill-innocents-stealthily/

I will answer unabswered quesions tommorow, i am on a phone. ^^

Vitali out!

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »

Devlog #4 random, digital jungle and hq.

Hope you like Smiley, i still have alot of things to do.

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 03:05:45 AM »

Now that there aren't dissappearing cubes, it seems much clearer. But there's still something to improve - the mines/grenades are very hard to see.
krasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »

Those seekout bots were cool Smiley
Reminds me of MGS 2 and the soldiers with shields that show up when enemies call for reinforcement.

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »

Thank you for comments and feedback guys!

Devlog #5 Video is coming tommorow! This new devlog video will show you following things:

+ C4 Mines
+ Environment upgrade
+ Water
+ AI

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 12:50:16 PM »

Dev Log Video 5: Water, AI and Boxes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ-MP3C5HK4&feature=youtu.be

Screenshots!

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2012, 02:53:19 AM »

Going on holiday for 1 week, so dev is going to freeze for 1 week.

Take care devs! Smiley

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »

Hi Vitali! Very nice to see you are continuing with this project. It is really starting to shape up into a complete game  Smiley And welcome to the forums!

-Johannes

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 12:48:06 AM »

Hey Johannes and everyone! I am back from the Paris! It's time to dev some tactical stealth action! :D

Vitali Kirpu
Level 1

reach your potential

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 12:03:43 PM »

New Demo Client released!

Demo Release contains main menu and 1 full level! Check it out Smiley

http://www.mediafire.com/?reg3hou11ff8v41

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic