Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1067112 Posts in 43566 Topics- by 35610 Members - Latest Member: Sig999

November 27, 2014, 12:33:26 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsTraversia
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Traversia  (Read 30817 times)
Forstride
Level 1

View Profile Email
« on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:05 AM »

Traversia is an adventure/exploration platformer with a heavy focus on ambiance and atmosphere.  You play as an older man who's on a "space vacation," when his ship malfunctions and crash lands on an uncharted planet, scattering the parts across it.

Traverse the expansive world around you, and enjoy detailed, lively environments while searching for your ship parts.  You never know what you might encounter...

-----------

Here's a preview of the first area in the game:

I also have an older video showing off the forest environment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFPFTtMB-Q

-----------

Traversia is meant to be laid back and relaxing, yet challenging and fun at the same time.  The gameplay is based around exploration, as well as puzzles/obstacles.  You'll complete these puzzles to advance through an area, while encountering obstacles that might require a special item to get past, or even another puzzle to be solved.

-----------

We don't want to reveal too much, as we want players to feel a true sense of wonder and mystery when they first play the game.  We'll be posting somewhat infrequent updates (Let's say, twice a month?) regarding development status, and a few previews of the game here and there.

We'll most likely have a small, public demo out sometime before the end of the year.  Development is going to be at a relatively slow pace, as we all have our personal lives to attend to, and are really just doing this as a hobby for the most part.

-----------

We're a team of 2 working on the game, which is being made in Game Maker: Studio.  

You can also check out the game on IndieDB:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/traversia

-----------
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:36:48 AM by Forstride » Logged

Box99
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:50:37 AM »

Game Maker bros fer life! It looks pretty so far. I'd like to see more when it's ready as well as some things in motion.

Forstride
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »

Lava, vines, mushrooms, and ship parts.

Not sure if I should tone down the lighting for the lava.  Or maybe like rectangular lighting for it.

Each room will contain at least 1 ship part, but some might contain more than 1.  Not all of them require taking a hidden path to access, as some might be obtained by completing a puzzle or defeating an enemy.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

ok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »

Lol, I feel the character would be better as and orb of light. But anyway - aside from that your doing a really awesome job with the ambiance of the game. Subbed!

Forstride
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »

Lol, I feel the character would be better as and orb of light. But anyway - aside from that your doing a really awesome job with the ambiance of the game. Subbed!
Funny you should mention that, because that was what it was going to be originally.  I still have the light orb thing I did, and I'll probably reuse it for something else in the game.

TheApo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »

Shocked Great pixel art
I love it!  Blink
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »

It's very pretty so far!  I look forward to seeing this exist.  Smiley
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »

I'm not sure the lava even matches the rest of the game's scenery.  And the glow on it is really overpowering and kind of ruins the mood of the underground area.  Perhaps replace it with black tar, or something.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »

I'm liking the colors.  Good luck with this.

poe
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »

Looks great to me Smiley
Thomas Finch
Level 6

@despawngames

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »

Love the screenshots. Hope to hear more about the gameplay and story!

Forstride
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »

I'm not sure the lava even matches the rest of the game's scenery.  And the glow on it is really overpowering and kind of ruins the mood of the underground area.  Perhaps replace it with black tar, or something.
How's this?

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »

Still not liking it.  I think the less you make it glow, the less it looks like lava, so it's kind of a catch 22.

Thomas Finch
Level 6

@despawngames

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »

I liked the lava the first time! I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it matches the game style perfectly.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

ok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 06:05:36 PM »

snip

Agreed

Forstride
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »

Alright, I changed it back to how it was before.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

ok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 10:02:53 PM »

snip

Sweet. Looking forward to more updates!

ClayB
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »

it would be cool if the lava light had a yellowish/orangish tint, that'd improve it imo
wccrawford
Level 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 04:39:32 AM »

I think the lava looks different because it's the only thing in the scene that's a solid color, instead of having shades and variations.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »

I think that it should look like the original version, but the glow should be smaller and if your engine allows it, the light should probably be a little red/orange/yellow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic