Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 03:25:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs⋙-[ Rangers ]--▶
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: ⋙-[ Rangers ]--▶  (Read 60187 times)
Jay Tholen
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »

Looks fantastic. Replying to subscribe.  Cool

Dropsy!

Hypnospace Outlaw - You're a cop/moderator of the future-internet, which looks suspiciously like Geocities. Also you have a sweet car.
DrHahn
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2013, 01:17:53 AM »

So pretty, would love to have a go when this reaches beta stage!
raindog469
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2013, 09:59:08 AM »

Phil Fish's AMA seems to have been a good way for your game to get some attention... that's how I found it too. I was about to post lamenting never being able to buy it, since my house is eleven years Windows- and Apple-free, but I see GameMaker recently added Ubuntu export capability. I won't hold my breath, but your game does look beautiful!  Gomez
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 08:02:07 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback!

Right now, I'm brainstorming ideas for certain design aspects of the game.  I came up with some weapon ideas, and I think they'll work really well with the game.  One is a flyswatter, which is just a basic melee weapon.  The other is bugspray, which is a basic ranged weapon.

The weapons/items you find and use in the game will all be common items that one might keep in a fanny pack (Or at least along those lines), as I want to make the fanny pack the player is wearing his inventory.

I'm also working on the overworld design, which will look like an old crinkled map when you're selecting an area from it.

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »

Two words:

SO BEAUTIFUL!

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:03 AM »

Work in progress of the overworld.  It's styled like a map drawn on a musty old piece of paper, as seen above.  It's blank now, as I haven't drawn the areas yet, but they won't show up until you actually get to them in-game, anyway.

The actual cursor for the area selection will be his right hand's index finger, but I still have to draw that.  There will be a few "secret" things involving the overworld map as well.

Ant
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »

Now that map screen is a top notch idea  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Hand looks a little weird though, might want to take a photo of your hand in that position and draw over it to get the anatomy spot on.
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »

Yeah, the hand obviously isn't anatomically correct 100%, mainly the thumb.  I'll try curving the thumb a bit more down, so the index finger is shown "above" it (Vertically, not depth-wise).

It's also supposed to look like it's curved a bit back, but it's hard to convey that with the lighting/shading.  I can't detail the shading too much, or it'll break the style, but then it looks like the hand is just laying flat.

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2013, 05:03:59 AM »

I won't have any updates for a while, as poe and I are forming an actual team for the game.  I've been doing the art for Six Sided Sanctuary, and I thought it'd be awesome to work on other projects together, Traversia being one of them.

He also liked the idea, so we're going to start the process of moving the game over to XNA from Game Maker: Studio.  There isn't a whole lot to the game so far, which will make it easier to move over.  The game is going to be a lot more promising now that there's an actual programmer working on it as well.

Anyway, not sure when we'll be ready to post some actual updates, but it probably won't be until mid April at the least.

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »

keepin an eye on this one. the wilderness pixel art and animation is fantastic! The water looks a little glassy though, almost otherworldly in a way.

Austiyn
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2013, 03:53:30 PM »

Looks great!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »

exciting to hear you and poe are working together. I think good things will happen because of that~

play hydlide 2
poe
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 06:56:09 AM »

We already were, matt did the art for Six Sided Sanctuary Smiley

EDIT: Just touched up the post since I posted it on my ipod, and that's a shitty way to do things.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:05:45 PM by poe » Logged
psyguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »

The artwork on this is very great.  I like that it's very cheerful and colorful.
Fsmv
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

Using XNA means Mac and Linux support through MonoXNA right?

poe
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 11:17:09 AM »

Using XNA means Mac and Linux support through MonoXNA right?

Yep, but it will be done last so I don't want to say it's guaranteed to happen.
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

Did a HUD:

I'm still messing around in the Game Maker version so I can still work on graphics and whatnot, while having an environment to test them in.

McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »

Really nice colors you have there; quite lovely
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »

The overground stuff and the map holding view are awesome! It's a huge contrast to the underground stuff which seems very uninspiring at the moment (as from a different game even). I hope you can figure out how to give the caves as much detail and life as the overground!

Also: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/185894/Its_official_XNA_is_dead.php

poe
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2013, 06:23:15 AM »

That really means nothing. You can still install the XNA redistributable on Win 8, and Monogame will probably provide support for even further versions of windows. Literally nothing has changed (as in XNA will never be updated). To play an XNA game the user has to install something, to play it on Win 8 the player has to install something. It's really a non-issue unless you're pushing the boundaries of the framework (which I'm not)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic