Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:53:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 174082 times)
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »

I´m sure this project will make it´s way throw Greenlight to Steam, it´s really impressive what you´re getting.
To help in that way, count one vote more.

horsman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »

It has got my vote.
Tranicos
Level 0

Designer: Darkest Dungeon, HOARD, Crows, more...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »

Heading over to Steam to post my most enthusiastic Greenlight vote yet!

Love the pixel charm.  I think the gameplay elements you're toying with (Gauntlet action + light puzzle co-op elements) are a great mix.

I look forward to seeing this develop, and to eventually playing it with buddies and beer!  Toast Left

--Tyler

--Tyler Sigman (@tylersigman)
Designer: Darkest Dungeon, HOARD, Crows, Age of Kings DS, and more!
theSchap
Level 0

Sleepwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »

I just found this gem cruising the Greenlight Community and it looks great. I have voted, put it in my favorites, and I'm following. What else can I do to help. Smiley

I've been looking for a fun gauntlet style dungeon crawl, and this looks great!
Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2013, 12:42:24 PM »

Thanks for the support people!

Working on completing level 2, should be done today, tomorrow we're gonna talk bosses and sort that out, so I can start looking for someone that can make the dragon (last boss) and the others. Can't make them myself, well, except for the Act 1 boss.

I'm also gonna write a summary on the themes for our musicians, so they can start spawning on music for other themes.

@theSchap, unless you can draw a super awesome pixelart dragon with fully animated features in our perspective... =)

randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »

Trailer is delicious - up voted on GL!
FobTi
Level 0

www.fobti-interactive.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:59 AM »

Reminds me of the old legendary Amiga game ChaosEngine. Great job! can't wait to see this finished! 10/10   Hand Thumbs Up Left

Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2013, 05:29:49 PM »

Amazingness, i would so play this with friends.

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
jdodson
TIGBaby

boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2013, 05:40:46 PM »

Hey everybody,

I voted too, this game looks epic!  Very exciting.

Also, I interviewed the guys about the game, if anyone is interested in checking it out:

http://cheerfulghost.com/jdodson/posts/955

erikcloutier
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2013, 06:09:38 PM »

Great job on this game. It looks very promising! We featured your game on GamingSoul to give you a better chance on Steam Greenlight! Good luck with all future development, I will be keeping my eyes on this project for sure!

Here is the article: http://www.gamingsoul.com/platforms/pcmac/hackn-slash-your-way-to-greenlight-support-hammerwatch/
DantronLesotho
Level 2

Video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »

Very excited for this game; I greenlighted it!
Lazycow
Level 2

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »

Floor 2!  Floor 2!  Floor 2!  Previews please!  Hand Fork LeftAddictedHand Knife Right

<Nanovoid><Treasureline><Pharaohs Return>
Zulli: "Is this game really being programmed or are you just torturing us?"
farmer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »

Voted for you guys on greenlight, I'm really looking forward to playing your game. 4-player co-op is fantastic! Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key Hand Any Key

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »

This looks really cool! Always happy to see a new four-player game, especially with dungeons!

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

Been interested in this since the first time I saw a video.
Looks awesome, keep it up! Smiley

Cloudiest Nights
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »

Looks really interesting, mainly because Gauntlet was one of the games that got me into gaming as a young kiddo. Will buy this when it comes out!

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2013, 01:53:33 AM »

Thanks to all that voted for us. We have gotten a lot of attention because of the greenlight and the reception have been mostly positive.

I'm gonna make a more real update here about the progress and what we are doing currently and done so far a bit later on.

Floor 2!  Floor 2!  Floor 2!  Previews please!  Hand Fork LeftAddictedHand Knife Right

Would you not think it's a spoiler of great magnitude?

SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »

Epileptic Think I'm going to lose a lot of my life to this game

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2013, 04:17:48 AM »

Ok, a larger update:

Since we made this public at Greenlight, we have gotten so much press coverage, mails and other support.

Two days after, indiegames.com picked this up, followed by PCG-USA and then later Rock, Paper, Shotgun, aside from all other sites that posted this I think these three have given us the biggest peaks in visitors and votes to the GL page. There have been many other sites too and there have been a lot of youtubers, bigger and smaller, mailing about test versions.

In general, comments have been mostly positive and people seems rather attracted to the gameplay, graphics and the very fact that it's "inspired by gauntlet".

I don't know how much I can write about what's going on inside the Greenlight, but in this week, we went at least from nothing into the top 100 and have been climbing since.

We started a Q/A-thread at the GL page, where people have been asking questions, that I answer, as truthfully as possible and when possible, there's no reason why people should think this game is something it's not, or think it's less than it is.

It's really fun managing all this, but it's also an administrative burden (=takes time from actual work) and it's not gonna decrease =)

Some actual developing progress...

There's still no decision what to do with the Warlock and his skills, since we removed the summoning, we need two more active skills. Summoning was removed because it was a skill that didn't require any activity from the player really, since you pretty much just called upon a spider and had it fighting for you. And you would rather waste the mana using the chainlightning.

We replaced the leapback skill for the ranger, with bombs, that works like in Zelda, you walk and drop. These are fun and they make the ranger to be like a cross between close combat and ranged, bombs costs mana, the more mana, the more bombs.

Bombs were also introduced as a hazard dropping as "loot", it's so nice, when destroying crates and boxes, suddenly a bomb drops and you have only a split second to move away, since the chance is so low, you tend to forget about it, until it happens the next time.
This bomb-thing lets us create enemies that drops bombs either as their attack or when they die, will probably create wisps for the archives theme, they shoot magic and when they die, they explode.

At the moment, the difference between 2P and 1P difficult level is to strong, when playing 1P, you feel the game is pretty easy, when coming to 2P, you kinda gets surprised how much more harder it gets, the solution is not to make it easier in 1P, but possibly, decrease the scale between 1P and 2P and instead make it harder in 1P...

Graphics

To help the player know when getting close to dying, we introduced a exclamation mark above the head, it's slowly strobing and turns from orange to red the less health the player have. I wanted this feature, because in heated moments, especially in MP, you tend not to keep looking at your health, because when you do, you die, so getting that warning above the player really helps telling you when to back off a bit.

We created a new enemy, it's a living plant, in the "tower" category of enemies, it's static and shoots a branch out of the ground on close by players. It deals a lot of damage and you need to move all the time when around this. It's intense in MP, because it targets all players, so in MP, you better watch out so you don't get hit by the branch that targeted the player in front of you!

I did a tint version of the floor tiles on theme_a, I always felt I needed something to put on certain spots in a level, to make some areas stand out a bit more. It gives the illusion of a more dry setting instead of moist. Created some fence graphics too, theme_a is a "prison" so there really should be some bars and whatnot, gameplay-vise, ranged could shoot through these (should be able to).

Added the spawner graphics for the ticks, they work just like the graves for skeletons or the maggot spawners. These are great, because they focuses the player when he enters an area, you always wanna destroy these, unless you do that, they will spawn enemies indefinitely.

Been trying to find a boss artist, to create the The Knight (armory), The Lich (archives) and The Dragon (chambers), I just recently created the first boss, The Maggot (prison), it's a huge queen-maggot that spawns small maggots when resting and sometimes awake and then shoots a huge nova of poison around her. The only way to avoid the poison is to stand behind some pillars close by, oh, you need to raise these on a button too of course =)

I'm gonna output a video of these things soon...

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2013, 05:03:19 AM »

Pure awesomeness in kick-ass land.

Grats on the great reception you're getting guys!  Gomez

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic