Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1037636 Posts in 41913 Topics- by 33525 Members - Latest Member: sueds

August 30, 2014, 10:27:21 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsFinishedHammerwatch - On Steam the 12th
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Hammerwatch - On Steam the 12th  (Read 97103 times)
Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2013, 04:12:26 AM »

There will be nothing called "Easy" in this game!

This is obviously a Heroes of Might and Magic II homage. Let's see if it gets implemented too =)

I haven't posted here for a while, because I'm trying to focus as much as possible to finish up the rest of the larger levels, I have two or three more to go on Act 4.

Congratz on getting greenlit dudes, you really deserve it! I played it a few weeks ago, really solid stuff so far. Couldn't get multiplayer to work, which is the part I'm most stoked about, but still. SOLID!

Keep at it, I want to play as the warlock!

The warlock will be in with a possible next beta update. Hmm, yea, the MP, a lot of people have issues with that, the MP process might be a bit to old school... It's like playing Warcraft 2 online.

The only question that does not give me fall asleep is "when I see the savepoints in the game???" I mean that I want to continue to play from dungeon in which i played the last time!

Don't worry, there will be saves in the full version.

Hipshot, have you written anywhere the process of getting greenlit, the events that helped spur enough popular vote? I think it might be useful to compile a list of "Greenlight success" stories somewhere.

No, I haven't written anything about it but I would like. I'm just afraid I might come of as a dick saying that we haven't really been doing much at all. You can view the stats until I write something though...

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:57:09 AM by Hipshot » Logged

Konidias
Level 4

konidias
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »

That's a monstrous amount of yes to no votes. Congrats! Smiley

Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2013, 02:03:21 AM »

Yea, that's a good yes/no ratio. I don't know what more famous projects gets, but we are well above average on that stat at least and that one feels pretty important too.

The two most steep curves I've seen in the stats counter there to the right with all items, I believe belongs to Surgeon Simulator and AVGN, I think the latter one came in and got greenlight in like a week, James Rolfe probably pulled 50k votes in a couple of days...

orgasrick
Manbaby

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2013, 05:47:15 AM »

This game is incredible. i cant believe how well its done. congrats on getting greenlit. when i first laid my eyes on the video i had no doubt that this would be a success.

i havent had this much fun on a multiplayer dungeon crawler since the gauntlet games. you can feel the craftsmanship.
Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »

It's interesting looking at the youtube stats, the Greenlight trailer is up in almost 50k views, but YT doesn't count views from inside steam as far as I know (some valve guy wrote about it), so I guess the actual view count might be +20-30k or something. My previous highest ranked YT clip was the Daikatana intro, it's at like 10k views.

Zoju
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »

Loving the game so far! Definitely buying it when it comes out. There are so few really good dungeon crawlers out there.

Do you guys take suggestions or ideas? In that case, I'll write them down well, maybe draw some illustrations, and send them over.

Keep up the good work!
Polyphonic Entity
Level 0

Melting Brains With Sound Waves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2013, 02:31:26 PM »

I'm sooo looking forward to this game  Shocked
youmightbecancer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »

I made a topic on theportingteam to see if anyone would port the Hammerwatch BETA(s) to mac, since lots of people are having trouble using Mono.

It needs a 1.5gb .NET wrapper to work though, so is a bit unrealistic for a 35mb game at this point - unless they find another solution!

don\'t we all just die? http://surrealvitriol.tumblr.com/
DantronLesotho
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:05 PM »

My previous highest ranked YT clip was the Daikatana intro, it's at like 10k views.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan
Klober
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »

is it ok to stream the open beta release on twitch?
Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2013, 02:34:25 AM »

You can show the beta where ever you like, YT or any other place! This goes for anyone.

Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2013, 02:42:49 AM »

Since we now have the option to change color of your hero, I've looked more to the design of them to make them more distinguished and also added 4 different color variations that you can switch between. Players can not the be the same color now, minimap colors reflects this change too.

The Paladin now has a full helmet to make him stand out a bit more, warlock carries a dark helmet and I've added a border to the lower parts of the Wizard, he also has a little diamond inside his staff to make it different from the Warlock staff

Now since we got greenlit and have access to the steam system more, we can use the steam profile name to set name of the player.

Zoju
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »

A very welcome addition to the game! I have some feedback, though.

The gem is kinda lost in the staff because its color has little contrast against the wood. Maybe play around with the color of the gem (or the staff) a bit to make it stand out more. You could also change the staff so it has a crystal ball at the end of it; that way, it can't be missed, and it'd still be noticeably different from the warlock staff.

The purple hood on the ranger is very bright and saturated, especially when compared to the other options. Maybe make it a little darker and/or less saturated.

The cyan highlights on the green warlock seem out of place, they are very bright when compared to the rest of the robe and they are not the same shade of green.

The darkened face on the Paladin makes him look sinister; did you think about giving him a full helmet, like a knight? Not sure how it would work on small sprites like this, just an idea.

Everything else looks great. Keep it up!
Hipshot
Level 1

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2013, 05:44:53 AM »

A very welcome addition to the game! I have some feedback, though.

The gem is kinda lost in the staff because its color has little contrast against the wood. Maybe play around with the color of the gem (or the staff) a bit to make it stand out more. You could also change the staff so it has a crystal ball at the end of it; that way, it can't be missed, and it'd still be noticeably different from the warlock staff.

The purple hood on the ranger is very bright and saturated, especially when compared to the other options. Maybe make it a little darker and/or less saturated.

The cyan highlights on the green warlock seem out of place, they are very bright when compared to the rest of the robe and they are not the same shade of green.

The darkened face on the Paladin makes him look sinister; did you think about giving him a full helmet, like a knight? Not sure how it would work on small sprites like this, just an idea.

Everything else looks great. Keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback.
I know about the helmet, it makes him look grim. I kinda like the style though, but I might try what you just said!

Polyphonic Entity
Level 0

Melting Brains With Sound Waves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2013, 04:57:03 PM »

I agree with Zoju (he really looked closely, good job!) but basically all you posted is awesome.

Full Helmet - awesome
Color Customization - awesome
Colors on minimap - awesome
Different Colors For Multplayer - awesome
Wizard Bottom Band - awesome
Warlock (seen it the first time) - awesome
New Staff - awesome

Beer!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic