Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:46:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCAT-B
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CAT-B  (Read 772 times)
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:04:44 PM »

What's up, everyone? I'm pretty new around here, commented on a few dev logs but this is my first thread.

So, CAT-B is a game I made for LD25 Warmup. I've fixed it up a little since then. It's still not finished (hence the 70% tag), but I am really burnt out on working on it. It's gotten some positive feedback from the LD IRC channel, but I'm not sure it's worth continuing.

It's a simple high-score arcade game. The aim is to cut the ribbons that appear between enemies when they are close enough - the closer, the more points. However, if you are cutting and you hit an enemy instead of a ribbon, you will die. Your points are also multiplied by a combo, which is increased when you get a cut, and decreases over time. Overall, pretty simple theoretically, but it can be kinda hard to manage.

Here is the updated game.

I should note: this was designed with a gamepad in mind more than a keyboard. I would recommending digging one out if you can.

Thanks to those who have read this far, and anyone who playtests. All feedback is appreciated. Peace out.

Reggie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:17:05 AM »

http://youtu.be/Nni0rTLg5B8?t=55s
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic