Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1056142 Posts in 42890 Topics- by 34835 Members - Latest Member: RatPatrol

October 22, 2014, 02:23:02 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTutorialsSupersound dll?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Supersound dll?  (Read 1467 times)
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:02:06 AM »

So I am now trying to find a sound extension for a game I am creating in Game Maker, and I have seen the supersound.dll seems to be pretty popular. Does anybody know where to get the download or a thread for the extension? It would be much a appreciated, thanks.

And also, if you have another suggestion for a sound extension then I would appreciate that too, I don't need something too over the top, ones such as FMOD have too many features that I wouldn't use and I would rather steer towards something a bit simpler.

Danke'

nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:31:48 AM »

I don't know gm but googleing for
"supersound.dll" 
did the trick....
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:16 AM »

I don't know gm but googleing for
"supersound.dll" 
did the trick....

Yeah I tried that and the threads that came up were old and with broken links, I have a feeling there is a newer post with the newer version of the dll, for its quite a popular extension from what I have heard.

ஒழுக்கின்மை
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

RinkuHero
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »

read the posts at the end of that thread, not just the first post; people re-post working links near the end. but supersound isn't the best gm sound library anymore, fmod is much better, and caster is also very good. i used supersound for my commercial GM game immortal defense but switched to fmod for my next game, because fmod's just so much better

Ant
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:55:44 AM »

What are you using it for? If you're just looking for ogg support then I'd recommend Caster since it's all it's really designed for. I use it for my games, it's simple to setup and does the job.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 03:11:51 AM »

Sounds like I will go with caster. I have tried FMOD before and I don't really like it for simple projects; but in the future when I go for a more official project FMOD will be my choice.

Thanks! Coffee

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

tomek_grochowiak@op.pl
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »

Caster has also the advantage of being very simple to use and it's multi-platform (handy if you ever want to port your game to Mac). We also still update and support it. We've made it for our own commercial games, so if anything doesn't work for some reason, you have a big chance that it'll actually get fixed soon Smiley.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCubeBlog | Twitter | Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic