Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1036906 Posts in 41875 Topics- by 33490 Members - Latest Member: SilentSheepGames

August 28, 2014, 05:25:29 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDreams Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Dreams Thread  (Read 2813 times)
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »

So lately I have been thinking that it would be cool if there was a thread for people to share their dreams, whether they be lucid dreams, non-lucid or even astral projection experiences (controversial topic I guess; but hey, its the Internet) And also when you can put those dreams into art, music or games they can turn out pretty freakin' cool sometimes (eg. Amon26's Au Sable was based off a series of nightmares) Our dreams are usually completely original concepts derived from our minds without influences from other liner story lines we take in by books, movies, games etc. which can translate into a game setting pretty well.

Thought it may be interesting to discuss with all o' you's  Corny Laugh

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:50:23 PM »

I had a dream that my ex-girlfriend started smoking cigarettes. Which is weird because that is the last thing she would ever do.
keo
Level 8

kicking n laughing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:30 AM »

something I thought was always interesting was when I shaved my head in waking life, and when I saw a reflection of myself in my dreams it's as if I didn't cut my hair at all and I always always remark how fast my hair grew.

similar thing happened when I traveled abroad for the first time, I kept having panicked dreams where instead of waking up in the country I was in, I was having dreams in the states while recognizing I was just abroad the day before.  that I somehow was stupid enough to buy a ticket home and I spend the whole dream panicking about raising money and flying back.  This went on for two weeks.

another similar experience when I went away and left my dog behind, I'd dream of him for a week or two, that he came all this way on his own to find me.

then when I started smoking pot my dreams were much more vivid and strange for a while.  now I don't remember really recall them.

I talk in my sleep, they say that what you say in your sleep doesn't have anything to do with what you are actually dreaming, but it's not true.  I usually end up waking myself up screaming bloody murder.  Like at the airport this new years, I didn't get enough sleep, and was sleeping underneath the departures terminal, I was having a dream about my brother when he was living with us as his schizophrenia was developing and shouting at him 'Shut up! You're such a fucking asshole' I woke up mid sentence facing a woman across the row of benches who crawled into her skin.

yep dreams.

feminazi
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:39:57 AM »

i had a dream
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

hhh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:14:47 AM »

all my teeth fall out all the time

Schoq
Level 10

Imperial stronghold, midwinter

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 04:57:30 AM »

It can't be just me who thinks hearing someone recollect and talk about the dream they had tonight is the most boring thing imaginable. It's like listening to a child making up a story on the spot minus all the cute.

John, that means you're afraid of being castrated. Classic dream interpretation so much fun!

make games, not money
Lauchsuppe
Level 2

hruabp

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »

ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony
impulse9
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »

It can't be just me who thinks hearing someone recollect and talk about the dream they had tonight is the most boring thing imaginable. It's like listening to a child making up a story on the spot minus all the cute.

Interesting. I quite enjoy hearing those. Dreams can tell you a lot about the person's psyche. Just gotta know how to listen.

Schoq
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »

I know how to listen alright, and it won't tell you much of anything more than what you read into it based on previous knowledge about the person. Likely the only one informed enough to know what a dream "means" is the dreamer.

Two nights in a row this week I dreamt about being in water for a long time. What does this tell you?
I was dehydrated.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:51:00 AM by Schoq » Logged

make games, not money
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »

Depends on their storytelling abilities and how concise they manage to be. I think the problem is that people are excited about their latest dream but can't properly communicate what made it so great.

My last dream was pretty standard-issue as far as my dreams go, adventuring/travelling is a common theme. I was wandering through a city selling something, and had other door-to-door marketers join and leave me occasionally. I was heading towards some address that I knew to have people interested in my product, but after a while, I suddenly realized I was in the wrong city and didn't have the energy to carry on. So I figured the most logical choice was to teleport into some game show.
Schoq
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 09:55:34 AM »

Depends on their storytelling abilities and how concise they manage to be. I think the problem is that people are excited about their latest dream but can't properly communicate what made it so great.
The thing is that it wasn't and won't be great outside their head and way too few seem to realize that.
People with actual storytelling ability just end up making things up to fill the gaps anyway, so what's the point

But whatevs, I guess I should just stay out of the thread :P

make games, not money
impulse9
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 11:06:41 AM »

Two nights in a row this week I dreamt about being in water for a long time. What does this tell you?

I have no idea, mostly because I don't know you personally. But if you said instead that you were having nightmares for a week then I could probably ballpark your psychological state of being. There is information in everything, you just need some associations to work with.

narasu
Level 10

wehed milie hier, wehed milie daar

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »

There's one dream where I'm at some party in an abandoned building. The dream takes a jump to where I wake up in the same building, hooked up to some IV thing, the needle in my forearm. Shit hurts like a motherfucker so I take the needle out, but then it hurts even more. I figure the IV was keeping me alive, so I put it back in, but the pain only grows.

I wake up. Fall back asleep.

I'm at a very shady service desk, and there's an Asian woman next to me. The man behind the desk holds up an ID card or something with the woman's face on the photo, but what in the fuck it's got all kinds of weird mutations on it. I look back at the woman, she looks normal but just as concerned as I am. The man behind the counter goes "this is the photo I got from you" -- again, the woman's face with the mutations, only printed larger. Once again I turn to face her. wrong fucking move

Ronin Narasu - Musician, philosopher, petty thief

http://soundcloud.com/ronin-narasu
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »

recently i've been having nightmares where i'm still in school.

one time i had a weird dream where i was working on a film where we had to film lightning destroying a mountain, but we weren't using special effects. we were standing on a mountain filming a mountain next to it getting struck and crumbling.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 06:44:19 PM »

Was sleepwalking the other night. Don't remember the dream. Woke up standing in the middle of the room with the lights on, holding my alarm clock in both hands.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic