Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

999542 Posts in 39231 Topics- by 30638 Members - Latest Member: AlonGibbs

April 24, 2014, 05:12:55 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingIs my game too hard?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Is my game too hard?  (Read 1654 times)
MooCowG
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:26 PM »

Just wanted to reiterate what's already being tossed in this thread:

Difficulty is fine. At a bare minimum it seems that you're trying to reach a broad demographic with the art style and level progression, so as an adult male of 30 years, it was challenging and amusing. It held my interest. Get some feedback from some youngsters and you'll be on your way. (The level progression was a bit schizophrenic. I'd blast through some of the early ones and then hit a wall randomly. After getting through on 2 stars I'd have an easy time with another 4 and then another wall.)

I wouldn't listen alastair. Maybe it's a bit slow in the first few levels, but I plowed through them fast enough that I didn't care. Get some feedback from "gamer-illiterate" people to tweak the pacing there. People here are probably going to have a ridiculously easy time with them. If you give up that quickly it's not your game to begin with, in my opinion.

Good job!

hapafive
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 07:07:06 AM »

Just some final follow up here: this morning I published the game on Google Play (for Android).  All of your feedback was SUPER helpful for tuning and polish.  If you're on Android please do check it out! Thank you!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hapafive.rockslide

Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

No IOS?   Cry
Toen
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 06:02:29 AM »

This was a lot more adictive than I thought!! I don't think it's too difficult at all, it has an awesome progretion from really easy, step by step, to challenging. I would only change a bit the Music, but it's only my preference. Awesome work! i mean it Smiley

stevesan
Level 3

Experienced coder, n00b designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »

I'm enjoying this a lot so far! If anything, you may wanna cut one or two of the earlier puzzles that feel a little redundant to me. But no big deal either way. Very polished.

lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 07:32:59 PM »

Hot Dang it's oozing with cuteness. The difficulty curve is smooth as silk and I love that scale at the top.
Do I get to buy bazookas with the coins ?

McDROID he had a farm ee-eye, ee-eye-oh.
mysteriosum
Level 1

I just lost the game ;(

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »

I love these kinds of puzzles. It reminds me of the ice cavern in Ocarina of Time :D

Professor Layton did some puzzles like this:

i.e. lots of blocks, but you only need to get one block to the other side. Damned hard!

... which I recognise are not the same idea, but maybe for a future version you could include this kind of puzzle as a side-game? It's always good, I find, to have multiple types of gameplay which feel similar but play differently.

All in all, very well done!

Raycast
Level 1

MAGDEV

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 09:27:05 PM »

I liked it, but too hard? I guess that depends on your target audience. I imagine you're aiming it towards the younger/casual crowd if you have concerns over difficulty. In that case, nope.

Though, an absurdly challenging/clever puzzle game like that along the lines of Jelly no Puzzle would be pretty cool.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic