Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:40:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSo how about that Devil May Cry
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: So how about that Devil May Cry  (Read 2770 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 11:47:32 AM »

Could never understand why DMC got sequel after sequel while God Hand got only neglect.
wrong place wrong time. also mediocre graphics and lack of marketing budget probably.

Looking back on it, God Hand feels a lot like Borderlands
Undecided

what do you mean
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »

Could never understand why DMC got sequel after sequel while God Hand got only neglect.
wrong place wrong time. also mediocre graphics and lack of marketing budget probably.

Looking back on it, God Hand feels a lot like Borderlands
Undecided

what do you mean

Well, there are endless numbers of mindless demonic mooks, a comedic plot with a lot of parodies (coughpowerrangerscough), and a Western aesthetic, where the main character is a drifter searching for a godlike power and being led along by a nice-sounding girl with ulterior motives. Sounds similar to me.

The gameplay is not similar at all, of course, but I think the other aspects are. Well, except for the demon monsters, but I wasn't expecting that, I really liked the bosses there.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:49:22 PM by SundownKid » Logged

Reyold
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 11:11:25 PM »

I 've yet to play a DMC game, though that should change once I get the DMC Collection. One thing's for sure, though I ain't gettin' the reboot.  Not after seeing that trailer with the nightclub... Facepalm

That's the problem with the saying, "be yourself. " What if you're a jerk?
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »

Pretending I've never played a DmC game before, the trailer alone would make me not want to buy this.

The supar extreme gritty look-how-much-coke-Im-snorting-off-this-strippers-tits theme doesn't really do it for me.  Noir
deathtotheweird
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 10:06:44 PM »

so now that it's out, has anyone played it? I have and think it's pretty great.

the story and dialogue aren't that good, but they aren't especially bad. especially compared to what I was expecting. as far as video game stories go, it's about average.

but the gameplay, graphics, and music are what make it great for me. the combat is real fluid and there are plenty of different styles and ways of chaining moves together. the art style is great though the game has quite low resolution textures, even with the "HD textures" setting on. though it runs great, with all settings enabled I get an average of 100fps. having a high fps is pretty critical to the feel of gameplay, so every bit counts.

I can't find much to complain about the game, other than the crappy dialogue and annoying characters. if you're a fan of this type of gameplay, I can't find any reason why anyone would dislike it.
Shine Klevit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »

I think DMC games are amazingly fun for their visceral value(DMC 3 in particular) but amazingly cheesy. In fact, I've always equated Dante to being kind of like the poochie of videogame characters. This "reboot" seems to be just going on with the same fashion of "reboots" of games like Silent Hill. Simpler, easier, more American.
TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 05:48:31 AM »

hahahahahahahahahaha

though tbh, it's not like the stories of the previous gams were high literature exactly

The thing is i missed the corny-ness of the old games loll. When i was young i thought Devil May Cry has corny moments sometimes you see in B-Movies but now the new DMC is kinda full of itself

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic