Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1038169 Posts in 41953 Topics- by 33573 Members - Latest Member: kirbasin

September 02, 2014, 01:09:51 AM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessNon-Evil Multiplayer Monetization?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Non-Evil Multiplayer Monetization?  (Read 1141 times)
anselm_eickhoff
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »

Thanks for the input, Muz.
Pay what you want got me thinking, because the two things that got me to spend money the easiest are Humble Indie Bundle and Sublime Editor (unlimited demo with nag screens)

Do you think the following would work:
  • Unlimited Demo with nag screen after every X games that encourages you to pay what you want
  • If you pay, no more nag screens and visible change to player "avatar" depending on how much was paid
  • Unobtrusive option to pay more (maybe to reach next avatar bonus stuff)
Muz
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013, 06:14:25 PM »

Yeah, IMO, sounds about right.
Archibald
Level 4

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »

I have no clue why you call ads evil. It's the most player friendly method (ask them)...

As for monthly subscription... Smiley Come on, it's XXI century now, no one uses monthly subscription anymore (or to be more precise there are only 2 games that use it: WoW and Eve online). This model has been dead for years and everyone know it (try to find a MMO that is at least 3 years old and haven't either switched to F2P or went bankrupt).

Europe1300 - Realistic Historical Medieval Sim
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 01:46:04 PM »

Not many. The model of nag screen and such sounds great. Maybe just have a "help out the devs" button on the main menu. I happily payed above the average for the most recent humble bundle because I like supporting small devs and they were not forcing you to pay or nagging you. I love that model and while some abuse it, I find that is works rather well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic