Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:20:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrossCode - Devlog | Latest: Steam 0.4 Release
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: CrossCode - Devlog | Latest: Steam 0.4 Release  (Read 16350 times)
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 01:14:59 AM »

Good luck with the campaign, the game looks awesome!

R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2015, 05:11:41 AM »

Thanks man!

Today we'll be having a little dev stream where Lachsen shows off his spriting talents. We'll also answer questions and tease stuff a bit. So come hang out with us.

Time will be 20:00 GMT + 1 (12 pm PST). Come hang out with us!

We also released a new version of the game! This time we added german translation to show off the language system and custom mouse cursor! Sweet!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:16:43 AM by R.D. » Logged

R.D.
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2015, 09:49:02 AM »

A happy new week to everyone!

We got a special treat today! A fanart contest!

Why is this awesome? Because you can win prices and everyone you enters the contest gets a custom wallpaper.

Everyone can participate and have fun creating fanart for the game. All characters, enemies or other topics are fine, as long as it’s directly related to CrossCode. Wanna draw Captain Jet having random adventures with his trusty jetpack, a group of Meerkats rocking out or Lea’s Fanboy fawning over his stash of CrossWorlds merchandize? Go for it!
Of course the entries are limited to art that we can actually show in public, so keep it safe for work.

Participate by sending your art to:

[email protected]

Submission Deadline: March 20th, 8pm (GMT+0100)

1st place: Poster + T-Shirt + Custom Avatar (see “Avatar”-perk)
2nd place: Poster + T-Shirt + Custom Statue or Monitor (see “VIP”-perk)
3rd place: Poster + Custom Food (see “Chef”-perk)

Disclaimer: The material goods (poster & T-Shirts) will only be available if the crowdfunding is successful. The other prices will definitely be included once the game is finished, one way or another.

A detailed explanation of the prices can be found among the perks on our Indiegogo campaign. You can send in as many entries as you like, but only win one price. If you already got the perk in question you could just get two of those… or we’ll think of something else!

We are looking forward to your entries!

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2015, 11:00:15 AM »

I played the demo on newgrounds and got blown away on how sharp the game is, really good job guys. Hope to see this getting funded
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2015, 11:51:07 AM »

The demo was absolutely stellar. Tight and polished as all hell. Really hoping you guys get funded!
R.D.
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2015, 07:10:24 AM »

Thanks you two!

We just released a tasty new update including our impressions of the SXSW in Texas last week as well as new concept arts and a special animation done by our sprite artist T-Free.
We also met with a lot of other awesome game developers such as the Starr Mazer Crew. We were booth budies the whole time at SXSW! Rad!

Here's the link: Click on Me

And here are some those tasty gems:

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2015, 05:29:40 PM »

I played the demo of the game and I beat the story and puzzle parts, including the end challenge, and I must say that I'm very impressed by the quality of the combat in CrossCode! I shared a link to your crowd funding campaign on FB and Twitter because I noticed that it was running a bit late on funds. I want to tell you how awesome your game is, but I also want to know if you have any plans in case of a failed campaign...

R.D.
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »

@ProgramGamer

Thanks a lot! Yes we do have plans. Basically if the campaign fails CrossCode won't come out in the near future. Not even in 2016 as we would need to find jobs and work part time on the project. As you can imagine this is quite slow as you normally spend a lot of time on your job.

@Topic

We got a special treat today for our dearest fans. As you know, we pay close attention to your feedback and thus noticed a complaint that some of you shared with us.

Please make it so that you can choose a male version" - Some guy named Steve

"Where can I select the male start character?" - ThatGuyTho

"I think you should add an option to choose a guy" - Whynotboth

"The game would be better with a guy being the protagonist" - ofC0ur5e99

"Naze rī no nai otoko-ban?" - Idontevenknow

We heard your request! And today we will address it.

While Lea is very popular with most of our fans, some people have difficulties identifying with her and would prefer to have the option to play as a ball-wielding protagonist who simply is… manlier. Thus we proudly present: Manlea!

That’s right! CrossCode now provides you with an option to select your main character!

First we started of by creating the basic concept art. We wanted to make a just slightly more masculine version of Lea to satisfy everyone.

The result truly is something to behold! We are quite proud of the new design - we created Manlea to be a rather neutral character that anyone can easily associate her- or himself with. Of course we had to replace the sprites as well:

Note that we just started creating all those graphics for Manlea, so things might still look a bit messy. Still, we already managed to partly integrate Manlea into the game! Here you have a couple of screenshots:

This is a very exciting announcement and we’re happy to say that this will only postpone the final release of the game by mere 3-5 months, so we can make all the graphics for both Lea and Manlea. It’ll be without a doubt worth it!

We all hope you are as excited about Manlea as we are. Please tell us how much you love this new addition to CrossCode!

---

Speaking of manliness, the badassly bearded Reese of WhosGamingNow did a livestream of the CrossCode Story-Mode! He had to quit after finishing it but had a lot of fun and might continue by playing the other modes in a future stream!

Watch the stream here (CrossCode starts around 1:15:30)!

See you at the next (potentially far less significant) update!

RujiK
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2015, 08:40:28 AM »

I like the pixelwork but does the male main character look very unintelligent on purpose? The female character looks much more competent than the male.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2015, 09:59:56 AM »

How rude, you can't just judge someone's intelligence by their physical appearance!  Outraged

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 10:57:54 AM »

Kind of a bold move to release a male character like this :S... Seems a bit goofy,  like Gourry Gabriev in Slayers.

Good luck on the compaign last hours.
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 11:09:52 AM »

I had a good laugh, nice comic touch  Hand Thumbs Up Left Cheesy
R.D.
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2015, 03:13:24 AM »

It's been a while again! We finally got back after our successful Indiegogo campaign last month. Since we are now able to start on CrossCode fulltime (wuhu) we planned milestones which will end as updates for the EARLY ACCESS VERSION of Cross on Steam. That's right, you can get CrossCode right now and be part of the beta team. Swell, right?

We also have a huge dev update over at our blog including 2 new areas and the goals for the next milestone: "Version 0.2".

Click on this Link to obtain awesomesauce

Cheers!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic