Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:35:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUnmapped - a plain text Darklands-like RPG
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Unmapped - a plain text Darklands-like RPG  (Read 5132 times)
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »

So, I noticed this again, and gave it a try. I had Java this time, so it worked!

I went to the slums, some lowlives got up in my face (apparently) and then beat me up. So I ran away, licked my wounds, loaded up on painkillers and bandages, bought weapons and armor, marched back...

and proceeded to die in one punch.

I... I thought the bandages and painkillers would heal me...

Mwahahahaha! Just as planned!

Seriously, though, you can check your status through the party menu. Also, you need to take a lot of painkillers and bandages. Or just rest at the tavern a lot.

Or you could just not take on a bunch of lowlives alone. But that wouldn't be fun in the Dwarf Fortress sense of the word. Also, one of them may have spawned with the maximum possible challenge rating. It's rare but it could happen. Mmmmmyes.
Well, I had a buddy, and we both ate painkillers and used bandages until we were just using them for looks/the feeling, so I figured I was topped off (although my status was "Rocked", so maybe there is 'unhealable damage')

But man they punched me so hard I died in one hit through plate armor.

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
ssfsx17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »

Ah... you have to rest to clear out being "totally rocked" - that's what will really kill you, because it causes a big penalty on defense rolls. A penalty so big that you could die from one punch.

I'll take a look at what should happen with that particular type of damage when running away from a fight, though.
ssfsx17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 01:31:31 PM »

New release 0.0.8: http://code.google.com/p/unmapped/
  * Random encounters in the countryside - currently, only two are implemented
  * Main menu is accessible from outside town
  * There is now a benefit to going to villages that are not evil
  * Running away from a fight will remove shock damage ("stumbled", "staggered", "totally rocked", etc). Also, shock damage is also always removed while camping/resting, even if the character does not choose to rest.
  * Bugfixed savegames so that they will keep track of character damage
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic