Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:56:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAfter the Comet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: After the Comet  (Read 25752 times)
devi ever
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2013, 01:52:19 AM »

This looks really great.  Has there been any gameplay implemented yet?

Definitely following!
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2013, 05:45:54 AM »

Thank you! Yes, all the nuts and bolts of the gameplay is in and most of the remaining work is tweaking and level design. Hopefully the next thing I'll do when I find the time is to put out some sort of playable demo for feedback, perhaps in the form of a prologue to the main game. I just want to sort out the colours and implement the conversation system first.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 29, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »

I know I said I'd be taking a break but I had a couple of spare hours this evening so I started on a biker gang from my to-do list [...]

Awesome, as usual!

Even if you're *mainly* taking a break, such small updates every now and then are highly appreciated. Can't wait to get my hands on the demo!
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2013, 11:29:14 PM »

I lack words for how much I love this animation and the idea behind it.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »

Thanks both! Still on hiatus at the moment but I did finish another bike the other day. This one has been customised to use a bit of Martian tech.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2013, 06:57:21 AM »

YO IS THIS GAME DONE YET MANG?

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2013, 07:30:52 AM »

YO IS THIS GAME DONE YET MANG?

It's on hold for a bit but it's progressing quite well. I should have something playable when I get back to it in the summer.

How about BLOCPK? I hope you don't abandon that entirely - I thought it was shaping up real purdy.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2013, 08:04:09 AM »

It's on hold for a bit but it's progressing quite well. I should have something playable when I get back to it in the summer.

How about BLOCPK? I hope you don't abandon that entirely - I thought it was shaping up real purdy.

Not entirely. I will finish it but I have no idea how to make it more of a game. Its really flat right now.

I also really want to make a gem stacking puzzle game. The programming logic behind it is interesting to me so I'm going to work on that for a few.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2013, 10:03:20 AM »

How about combining the two and having it so that players compete to drop coloured blocpks into a stack? That could be really cool. Or not. I'm not sure...

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »

How about combining the two and having it so that players compete to drop coloured blocpks into a stack? That could be really cool. Or not. I'm not sure...

I'm sorry I cannot reveal the secrets of my block stacking game.

Guns are involved.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »

Block stacking is the one genre which would benefit from more guns. Good luck!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »

Gun stacking, with the risk of shooting yourself in the process?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »

Gun stacking, with the risk of shooting yourself in the process?

This is not the thread to discuss this! This is strictly alien dick n tit talk. But I want to work with another person on it, so if you want more info shoot me a PM or something.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »

Alien: Cock your gun, Sir!

(Is that better?)
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »

Thanks both! Still on hiatus at the moment but I did finish another bike the other day. This one has been customised to use a bit of Martian tech.

After this thread has been hijacked, I'm going to try to johnmcclane it back. ;-)

You say this vehicle is finished, but I find it lacking a bit, especially after you set the bar so high with the pants bike. I think it would gain a lot if at least you'd do something with the jet engines. As it is now, it's a bit too flat and unlively IMHO.
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2013, 06:12:23 AM »

Alien: Cock your gun, Sir!

(Is that better?)

That will do just fine!

You say this vehicle is finished, but I find it lacking a bit, especially after you set the bar so high with the pants bike. I think it would gain a lot if at least you'd do something with the jet engines. As it is now, it's a bit too flat and unlively IMHO.

You're quite right and I've been fiddling with it today in hopes of giving it a bit more character. I'm so crap at taking a break! Anyway, this is all I've managed so far but I'm still not happy with it:

The idea is that the blue Martian mystic hoodoo energy (that's the scientific term!) causes the vehicle to levitate. It's the same energy that Jacky fires from his gun:

However, I'm not sure if it's very clear (or more importantly, if it looks very good) having it power the bike. It might be better to hide it away in the engine like the squad car/flying saucer does:

Any advice appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:10:55 AM by Panurge » Logged

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2013, 07:05:13 AM »

I think the origin of motorcycles power is irrelevant. It looks blue, so I understand that its some kind of futuristic technology. Alien or otherwise.

Also the gun shoots blue energy so that just solidifies that there is some alien energy source that people use for various reasons.

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2013, 01:25:42 AM »

I've pared it down a bit so it still uses the blue energy but in a cleaner sort of way. Better?

dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2013, 02:32:12 AM »

I've pared it down a bit so it still uses the blue energy but in a cleaner sort of way. Better?

I like this. And I liked the one before. And the one before that. If I were you I wouldn't spend even one more microsecond on this but it's too late for that since reading this sentence took at least that long.

Loving the updates. I hope your "break" lasts through the summer.

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2013, 06:14:05 AM »

Hmm... still doesn't feel right to me somehow, but I can't put my finger down on it. I don't know if you should/want to spend more time on this though?! Also, it might look very different with backgrounds.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic