Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:08:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSmall Chronicles :: Unique Turn-based Strategy JRPG (iOS) :: Development Blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Small Chronicles :: Unique Turn-based Strategy JRPG (iOS) :: Development Blog  (Read 17502 times)
WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »

Nice idea, that can lead to some really fun emergent gameplay!

haha that's what I'm aiming for  Grin

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2013, 05:01:07 AM »

[Day 297 Update]

While the remaining skills for the new monsters are being added, I have also been finalizing the script that will be used for the voice-acting for Small Chronicles :D

By the way, here's a short sneak peek of what I meant by my previous post (see above) Azn

If you have Facebook, remember to hop on over and give it a like at http://www.fb.com/WhiteSponge or follow my Twitter at http://twitter.com/WhiteSponge for the latest updates!

And as always, more updates coming soon!

Cheers :D

laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »

I really like this game. Only suggestion is replacing the button pop-up with something more dynamic. Great work!

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »

I really like this game. Only suggestion is replacing the button pop-up with something more dynamic. Great work!

thanks! That really means a lot :D

By the way, when you say dynamic do you mean that it changes accordingly to what is tapped on?

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2013, 01:34:53 AM »

[Day 304 Update]

Almost done with all the monster skills! While that is going on, I'll like to introduce an one and only Elite monster - The Goblin Elder!

While it isn't as tough as bosses, it is definitely stronger than regular monsters and have multiple skills to complement that! So be careful when u come across one :D

And as always, more updates coming soon!

P.S - more elite monsters coming soon?

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2013, 04:59:16 AM »

[Day 306 Update]

Just uploaded a new test build (v1.0.4.1 alpha) onto TestFlight! :D

~ NEW!! ~
1) Gameplay
- New monsters added for the deserts!

2) Story
- Game dialogue has been updated to tell the backstory bits by bits!

2) Visuals
- Monsters and characters now have animations!
- Redesigned several in-game objects (blessings,rocks,traps & etc)

~ BUG FIXES ~
1) Fixed a bug which causes the game to crash upon selecting a stage

~ UPCOMING ~ (not in order)
1) Monster sounds and character voice-overs
2) Bonus stage objectives
3) Lore books

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »

Added bonus objectives to the game! These objectives appear randomly and give additional rewards when cleared! :D

More updates coming soon!

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »

Changed how dialogues in the game show up! This way it will complement the voice-overs better!

The previous way (bubble over character's head) will only be used for the game's tutorial.

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2013, 09:26:04 PM »

Just finished recording the voice-overs with the voice actor and actress. Spent a whole day doing so but the experience was awesome!

There are so many things in recording voice-overs that are important but I could write an essay about that!

I'm now editing them and adding them to the game as I speak!

Watch out for another new sneak snippet coming soon! :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2013, 03:14:20 AM »

I'm sorry if you said it already, but what is the games native language?

it's in English/Japanese but the voice-overs will be in Japanese Smiley

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »

Some of the voice over editing are done!

Check out a new sneak preview of Small Chronicles! Now with voice overs! :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2013, 01:07:13 AM »

So you know... that moment when you want to open a treasure chest and you realized that your inventory is full?

Don't you hate it when you have to go back to your inventory and clear stuff for space and try to open the treasure chest again?

Well now you don't.

Introducing swapping items on-the-fly! :D

Read more about it here @ http://whitesponge.com/blog/a-rather-detailed-update/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:25:16 PM by WhiteSponge » Logged

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2013, 07:13:48 PM »

Been a few days since I have last posted updates for Small Chronicles. During these few days I have added books to the game.

Books are essentially items that you can read to find out more about the lore, history and world of Small Chronicles.

Some other books are from the perspective of NPCs of the game while others are part of collections which you can complete (e.g Book Name - I)

If you read through most of them you will realize that it all links to the main story of Small Chronicles :D

You can get them from treasure chests!

Next up - Adding universal support to Small Chronicles ^^

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2013, 04:44:17 PM »

Alright I'm in the process of ensuring that the game looks good on the iPad and the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Here's a preview image of how Small Chronicles looks like on an iPad

The background might look slightly different from when it's on an iPhone/iPod Touch because I have redrawn it specially for the iPad :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2013, 01:23:25 AM »

Alright I'm in the processing of adding some new awesome items to the in-game store :D

And as you can see, these items have some pretty awesome bonuses but they also cost rubies to get.

So to ensure that everyone can get their hands on some of these awesome goodies, I have increased the rate at which rubies can be gotten.

You can now also get rubies from treasure chests! :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »

By the way, if you haven't heard about it, the official Facebook page and Twitter for Small Chronicles is up!

So follow @SmallChronicles on Twitter or like Small Chronicles at Facebook for up to the minute updates on Small Chronicles!

Cheers! :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2013, 05:52:09 AM »

I'm the process of adding sync-ing capability to Small Chronicles. And frankly after a few days of attempting to add iCloud (Apple's cloud service) support, I find it really unreliable to be able to be shipped with Small Chronicles.

So I'm looking at DropBox at the moment instead. Just a show of hands though ~ how many of you will be willing to create a new account with DropBox (if you don't already have 1)? If doing so gives you the ability to save your game progress across all your devices?

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2013, 09:59:32 PM »

I have decided to go with iCloud although with another approach/workaround to it

In the midst of adding iCloud support to Small Chronicles and so far it is working great most of the time! (except for when iOS decides not to detect the new files in iCloud)

Btw here's how your inventory will be in Small Chronicles on your iPad! :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 05:40:49 AM »

Finally got iCloud synchronization to work with Small Chronicles. Here's a quick camera shot of my iPad completing the synchronization :D ~

Basically if you have been playing it offline without ever turning on the synchronizing and you do so suddenly, the game synchronizes all the local data onto iCloud.

In doing so, any new installs of Small Chronicles on other devices can still be updated to the latest data by tapping on the synchronization button (leftmost green button in image above)

And if you have been playing Small Chronicles on multiple devices, any latest change made on 1 device that isn't detected in any other devices will be updated on those devices  :D

WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2013, 05:34:53 AM »

Added cloud saving (across iOS devices) and several new sound effects for characters. Now when you select a character or have him/her do something, the character will speak in response.

I added them as I believe it will add polish to the game thus making a better gameplay experience.

Btw, here's some concept art of some of the monsters in the Wood Groves :D

And iOS 7 is coming out soon. Going to add support for it! Cheers! ^^

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic