Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:15:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFRACT OSC
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: FRACT OSC  (Read 10164 times)
♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 05:18:51 AM »

Glad you decided to make this devlog, it's great to see some more regular info on how the game is coming. Hope you keep it up :]
richardeflanagan
Level 0

wannabe game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »

Post-GDC, back to work & the FRACT old prototype
Sorry for the delay in updates! We had a busy and tiring GDC this year, with two presentations, a ton of hangouts, and a party or two.

GDC:

Henk’s talk on how we do our synthesizer magic went splendidly, and I think my talk about just what the hell we’ve been doing for the past 2 years went OK too. We met with friends, made new ones, and got inspired by what other indies are up to!

A NEW TEASER TRAILER:

I also put together a new little teaser trailer for our GDC presentations, which we published last week and got a ton of great feedback on. This also helped out with our geenlight traffic, thanks everyone!

THE OLD FRACT PROTOTYPE:

The presentations and the trailer also brought a lot of new and renewed attention to FRACT, which is awesome! We also have been getting a lot of requests for the old IGF award winning prototype from 2011, and a few questions as to why it’s no longer available.

Basically, we’re in the final stretch of finishing FRACT OSC, which is from the ground up completely new and shares nothing with the old prototype. And while we’re very proud of the old FRACT prototype, it doesn’t paint an accurate picture of where we’re going with FRACT OSC. If you’re still really eager to try it, send us a message by the contact form on the site and we can get it to you.

Otherwise, we’re working hard to finish the game – stay tuned for more updates!

- Richard E Flanagan  FRACT OSC  fulcrum
richardeflanagan
Level 0

wannabe game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 07:18:01 AM »

Sorry of the lack of updates, trying to get back on it (  Embarrassed )

A Quick Note on Scale in FRACT OSC
An aspect of FRACT OSC that we’re trying to develop further than the original FRACT prototype is that of scale. There are some really, really big machines and architectural elements in the world.

For myself personally, this is the magic of synthetic worlds; building impossible and inspiring spaces. Why restrict ourselves when we’ve got virtually limitless tools, right? In any case, I’ve been getting a few enquiries about scale after posting the following little clips:

And to illustrate the scale of the machines and the world here’s a cute little diagram showing the size of the player vs one of the main machines in the game (the player being only a few pixels tall, even at a fairly generous resolution):

And while this is one of the bigger machines in the game, it’s still dwarfed by another, even bigger toy to play with. Hooray for big stuff!

- Richard

- Richard E Flanagan  FRACT OSC  fulcrum
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »

Wow that's big. O_O Love the designs too.

AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 11:50:07 AM »

just saw this on Steam. I thought I recognized it! Grats on the release guys, I really enjoyed the demo back in the day Wink

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 12:50:02 AM »

Yeh its out on Steam, congrats guys, it's awesome!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic