Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:10:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBLOCPK: Competitive Hoarding: Pickup Artists
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: BLOCPK: Competitive Hoarding: Pickup Artists  (Read 48435 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 12:11:30 PM »

Maybe sprites look like this instead.

IanSean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 11:40:34 PM »

Development is essentially starting over!

I'm rebuilding the game in Unity. :3

How are you going to control player movement in Unity ? I had loads of trouble using the character controller with my 2D game. The whole capsule collider wasn't working properly for me so I gave up and went to another environment. I am curious how you're going to manage.
Good Luck!

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 12:43:31 AM »

Maybe sprites look like this instead.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES
ThunderMare
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »

The sprite animations are really nice. Great job there.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »

How are you going to control player movement in Unity ? I had loads of trouble using the character controller with my 2D game. The whole capsule collider wasn't working properly for me so I gave up and went to another environment. I am curious how you're going to manage.
Good Luck!

I got around that by not using the Character Controller. I just slapped a rigidbody on it and started moving that around instead.

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »

considering using spriter for animation this time around

Ant
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »

spiffy as hell  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 08:15:24 AM »

I am looking for someone to help me bang this out in GameMaker before I move on to Unity. There are a few problems I can't seem to solve myself.

I can't pay you or anything.

crazysam
Level 0

Atomic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 09:08:32 AM »

Why not consider HaxeFlixel instead? Seems perfect for your needs.

Send me a message if you have questions regarding the tech.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »

Why not consider HaxeFlixel instead? Seems perfect for your needs.

Send me a message if you have questions regarding the tech.

Because its almost already done in GM.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 11:55:46 AM »

What exactly are you having issues with?

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »

What exactly are you having issues with?

Rigging up animations properly. I have all of the animations I need but getting them all to sync up (standing reload/running reload/crouching reload) is a pain in the ass. Almost every problem I'm having right now is animation based. :p

siskavard
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 12:58:57 PM »

The Hindu word for animation roughly translates to 'rigging problems'
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »

As soon as I get this version done I plan to give it away for free, and run a kickstarter to raise the money to pay someone to build the online aspect of it.

Also pay Atnas for those delicious his res sprites.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »

The Hindu word for animation roughly translates to 'rigging problems'
Cheesy

Seriously though, your animations seem to be super slick? What's the problem, really?
EDIT: Ah... you switched to unity... But couldn't you still just make the upper body and the lower body separate sprites and then do classic sprite animation on it?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:23:57 PM by JLJac » Logged
Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »

Reloading can go into various animations, so standing on frame 22 of reload needs to go into the next frame of reload on a run-reload animation if the player starts running while reload is going. But the run is 16 frames and the reload is around 38

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »

Well it also needs to transition from 3 different states while reloading. Standing still, running, and crouching.

I also have to create a death animation that stops halfway through, switches to another, and then back to the original.

I'm building this in GM because I understand it a bit better than Unity. Though not much... obviously.

Also I have to make the reload animation interrupt if you jump or fall, and then restart upon touching the ground again.

LOTS OF ANIMATION.

Kill me.

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 01:29:48 PM »

couldn't you still just make the upper body and the lower body separate sprites and then do classic sprite animation on it?

I was doing that originally, but the animations suffered for it.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »

Isn't that totally the kind of thing that's solved by making the upper and lower body separate sprites? That way the upper body could reload, or fire, or do whatever it wants, and the lower body wouldn't have to worry about it. There would be some cases where it would look stiff and strange, but then you just cover for those special cases, instead of treating every case as a special case~

EDIT: Oh, sorry, saw your posts. Yeah, I guess the animations would look a bit stiffer that way, but as long as the upper/lower body align in the most common cases, maybe it isn't such a big problem if it looks a little bit off in the 1/100000 that you wall jump + reload + fire + crouch or something like that?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »

Isn't that totally the kind of thing that's solved by making the upper and lower body separate sprites? That way the upper body could reload, or fire, or do whatever it wants, and the lower body wouldn't have to worry about it. There would be some cases where it would look stiff and strange, but then you just cover for those special cases, instead of treating every case as a special case~

EDIT: Oh, sorry, saw your posts. Yeah, I guess the animations would look a bit stiffer that way, but as long as the upper/lower body align in the most common cases, maybe it isn't such a big problem if it looks a little bit off in the 1/100000 that you wall jump + reload + fire + crouch or something like that?

Its not that it looks off. Its that my code just doesn't work. :p And thats 100% due to my inexperience.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic