Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:59:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCowboy RTS game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Cowboy RTS game  (Read 23850 times)
tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »

aw yiss.
This is great  Kiss

NoobsArePeople2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2013, 08:12:23 AM »

I think I'm going to have to change my customary "sweet!" or "awesome!" to "Yeeee-haaaaaw!!" for this game.
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2013, 06:43:28 AM »

After a lot of messing around trying out different types of game play I've decided to remove the 'Research' element and simply have just one type of worker cowboy. Workers just ... well work!

The research element was just making things more muddled from a game play side. Now as you progress in missions you will unlock 'class' levels. So the new Saloons (see below) will hold more and more class types for you to hire.

I've also been adding in gun turret's to defences which will make an appearance soon  Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »

Will there be a

level?  Epileptic
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2013, 12:36:08 PM »

MAN, i too have been wanting to make a cowboy rts(or, rather, rtt) game. This looks rad as hell. LOVE the art style.

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2013, 01:07:44 PM »

Will there be a Wild Bunch level?
Ooo maybe!  Wink

Saloon's in there and working properly now, screen shot below see some 'creeps' making their way to camp ... BOOM TIME

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 08:45:44 AM »

Been tweaking how prospectors gather gold. I've decided to change it by making them deliver the gold back to camp and only then will this add to your reserves. This paces the game a bit more.

Also added new building types, labs and also some sort of transport factory. Controls on movable unit's have been tweaks with paths appearing when they are selected.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2013, 01:55:06 AM »

Nice progress! I really like the look of the new buildings, they are very well readable.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »

Might just be me but this is starting to look quite a bit like Dungeon Keeper: The Wild West.

Awesome! Looking forward to a playable build. Really like how much character the portraits have.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2013, 04:37:35 AM »

And instead of imp slapping them with your hand, you will make them dance by shooting at their feet?
shelly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »

Looks really fun! And the art is great!
Do you have an estimation of when it'll come out?

Following !  Beer!

Kap_g
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2013, 02:24:06 PM »

This is seriously one of my childhood dreams coming true  Epileptic

now all we need is a pirate rts
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »

What kind of enemies do you have planned?  Anything with unique abilities you need to deal with?
electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:24 AM »

What kind of enemies do you have planned?  Anything with unique abilities you need to deal with?

It's going to be 'Cowboy's Vs Monsters' so was thinking some sort of massive mutant worms, snails, spiders ... bugs. Each with their own attributes in terms of strength, speed, spitting out stuff, range also some will have the ability to dig dirt themselves!

And instead of imp slapping them with your hand, you will make them dance by shooting at their feet?

Ha ha, no im afraid not :D I did toy with the ability to 'round up' and place prospectors but ditched it in the end.

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:19 AM »

What, were the Aliens busy?  Cheesy

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:35 AM »

It's going to be 'Cowboy's Vs Monsters' so was thinking some sort of massive mutant worms, snails, spiders ... bugs. Each with their own attributes in terms of strength, speed, spitting out stuff, range also some will have the ability to dig dirt themselves!

I will be sorely disappointed if you aren't fighting scorpions of some kind.  Preferably giant scorpions that can cleave a man in half with one pincher. >_>
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2013, 04:31:37 AM »

your art is completely off the hook. Amazing how quickly it converged on being beautiful as well.

electrolyte
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »

Been refreshing graphics. Added outline indicator for units that can be directly controlled. Added the start of a new structure - a trading post. Here you will be able to acquire more advanced units ... heck I dunno, making this up as I go!  Smiley

Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2013, 11:14:22 AM »

I want to play this. Now.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

Hand Shake Left Shocked Hand Shake Right

Oh this looks pretty.