Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:03:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Working on my first run cycle
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Working on my first run cycle  (Read 5473 times)
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46:19 AM »

Well at this point I just want something that works well for making these silhouette mockups, I'm going to be drawing the actual frames by hand, scanning 'em, and coloring them in photoshop, ideally with a final result similar to the concept piece in the first post. I'll give that software a quick try sometime here and see how it works for that process.

Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 12:33:24 AM »

Bleh still sticking with photoshop because I know it and it works okay for moderately high res graphics. I cut the resolution, though, because these are just for planning and it was making things run slower than they had to.

So, okay, I've been playing around with transitioning into and out of the run cycle. It's a bit jerky, but here's where it's at right now:

Part of the reason it's so jerky is because I'm trying to have something that I can naturally transition into from a bunch of different nearby frames without looking too weird. I could probably make it look better if I was sure which frame it was coming from, but oh well. The way it is now, it gives a kind of snap to the animation which might actually work out well. I'll probably try to get more animations done and reevaluate this later when I see how it works with them.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 04:57:39 AM »

I think even when she stands still she doesn't have to stand so stiff

Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »

Well the main idea I had for the idle cycle was that she would be perfectly still and just her clothes/hair would be animated by the wind or whatever. It is a little bit tricky to get into and out of that state without it looking weird, though.

Pedrosanchau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 11:57:41 PM »

the stop motion is good except for the blue foot that teleport backward
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »

You think that would still look weird if it were matched up to an overall motion of the character in the environment?

Pedrosanchau
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 01:39:51 AM »

Maybe not, you can still leave as it is and see how it works in the game. Some mistakes are barely seen in the game as a whole.
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 03:00:56 AM »

Okay yeah, maybe I'll make a note to check and make sure that part works later on... if I can think of a place to put such a note where I'd actually remember it  Durr...?

Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2013, 11:50:48 PM »

Playing with turn animations:

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic