Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:23:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHiversaires (released iOS/Android)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Hiversaires (released iOS/Android)  (Read 44138 times)
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 03:14:05 AM »

zede05: Yes ! it's a point and click puzzle/adventure game in an old structure full of machines.

Puzzle Week. It hasn't been a very visual day today.

I have been implementing the first part of the game, incl. puzzles and flow.

I've been having some issues with Apple Dev Center since I moved to tokyo and I can't make heads and tails of the japanese documentation, so I spent a good part of the day on the phone sorting it out. I believe my issues to be resolved for now.

Gentleman
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:22:07 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 04:59:13 AM »

Hiversaires means nothing on it's own. It's a word similar to Septambres.
Wintersary is the best translation. I use the english suffix -ary in the sense of "to belong of" and winter.

To summarize, "the ones of winter".

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:08:19 AM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 08:54:22 PM »

Hand Any Key

XXIIVV

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12:15 PM »

i look forward to playing this!

play hydlide 2
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »

Made a first build today, here is a

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:09:35 PM by aliceffekt » Logged

XXIIVV

rickardwestman
Level 1

--- Visiontrick Media --- P A V I L I O N

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »

Love the mood of this! It looks absolutely great!

Was a little hard to keep track of the moving around in the video, speedrun pace Smiley
Definitely intriguing though!

Would you say that there are any 3D modelling skills put in to this or is it just kind of simple primitive models? I don't have any modelling skills myself but would definitely want to try out the 3D and first person medium in the future.

Looking foward to the next update!

P A V I L I O N
www.inthepavilion.com
P O R T F O L I O
www.rickardwestman.com
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »

Looks nice but some kind of moving in between the viewpoints like in Legend of Grimrock would make it 100% more awesome.
DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »

This is absolutely gorgeous.  Following.  Can't wait Smiley

delete me
Level 0

This account is very old, I don't use it.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

Oh, awesome. Now I have another place to follow your game. Delightful!

Blink Blink
    ◡      Toast Right
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:13 PM »

Hiversaires just turned 3 weeks old. This many days ago, I had announced that I would be investing the next few weeks into this new project, and I did; I got asked why I had put on the independent game developer hat yesterday, as it might have came out of nowhere - this is the story behind Hiversaires.

I came to japan to find new experiences and inspiration. I've tried to set my craves for multimediums outputs and gave japanese worklife a chance. I hated it. All the while I was working I had these ideas for songs, ideas for worlds and languages bubbling up. It was soon too late to catch up on these ideas individually so I devised a plan to tackle all of them at once.

Calculating my stable average productivity ratio, I realized that I would hit a new beginning of cycle by the end of april and I could cram all these ideas into 6 weeks of intensive production to catch up on myself and be ready to hit a new cycle by the beginning of may(audio cycle).

Hiversaires will be sold on the iTunes store for iPhone only for about 2.99$ at launch. And should contain roughly 4 hours to figure out. The game is a visit into an impossible maze of symbols and doors featuring all new Aliceffekt tracks. If this works commercially, I will consider making more games as a living for the next few months.

In the meantime, there is a second month of production ahead of me.

XXIIVV

mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »

I love it. This is what I'd like to see on a touchscreen device. I appreciate that you're using touch controls to improve the experience and input, and not making something that would control better on everything EXCEPT touchscreens.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »

That's an interesting choice of life! If you don't mind saying, what is your weekly/monthly cost of living so far?

Anyways, congrats on remaining productive!

play hydlide 2
Important
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:52 PM »

This looks cool. I recently finished how to create a mind and enjoyed it a lot.
Ant
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 12:38:56 AM »

Hiversaires will be sold on the iTunes store for iPhone only

Sad

Would love to see a pc build with free-look...
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 02:22:41 AM »

Even though I feel my praises are becoming increasingly generic, I still couldn't let this this project pass.

It looks amazing.
Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2013, 07:26:23 AM »

+1, it looks way too awesome to be iOS only! Let's hope it has success on iOS and it gets ported to other platforms Smiley

Definitely following this Smiley

mauz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2013, 08:59:49 AM »

Wow! Immediately felt in love with this.  Kiss

nss_aries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2013, 12:12:30 PM »

I want this on my mac  Hand Any Key

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2013, 05:12:12 AM »

Great style, love the simplicity of the lines and colours (or lack of colours) Gentleman

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »

Started implementing a lot of feedback/sound into the game as well as making the puzzles more clear : )

That's an interesting choice of life! If you don't mind saying, what is your weekly/monthly cost of living so far?
Anyways, congrats on remaining productive!

Life in Tokyo is pretty expensive, I share a 1500$ apartment with my girlfriend. But I cook everything and the cost of everything else beside rent is quite cheap. My daily meals costs me about 5$.

XXIIVV

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic