Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998357 Posts in 39155 Topics- by 30565 Members - Latest Member: harshat30

April 19, 2014, 01:25:53 AM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessPAX East Booth Advice Needed!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PAX East Booth Advice Needed!  (Read 1148 times)
lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »

You two make it sound so great, I am looking forward to it.
It's probably a good idea to stock up on water, electrolytes, survival kit to make it through the 3 days Smiley
Very noisy, that's interesting, we may have to increase the visual cues.

Howdy Neighbor, I think the world needs more Gauntlet ! You have my up vote.
I'll be interested to hear how you did your promotion it seems common for Indies to learn everything by trial and error and so far I'm doing great in the error segment..

-I don't think you can bring your own extension cords, but you can bring your own surge protector/power strips versus renting theirs. A 10x10 booth comes with a 500W drop - we upgraded to a 1000W as the upgrade is way cheaper than the penalties for overdrawing power.

That's a good idea.
1000W, What gear are you plugging ?
How fast is the internet connection? Am asking because our coop needs server connection because we use Photon networking.

Ok time to book my flight from Penang. Where are you based?

McDROID he had a farm ee-eye, ee-eye-oh.
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28:16 AM »

That's a good idea.
1000W, What gear are you plugging ?
How fast is the internet connection? Am asking because our coop needs server connection because we use Photon networking.

Ok time to book my flight from Penang. Where are you based?

We run a power-sucking ASUS laptop to show the game, a 46" TV, a second laptop for utility purposes, and a lot of phone chargers. 1000W handled all of that fine.

Oooh, internet - you should look into getting this resolved very soon. There is free wi-fi there but it is...not reliable. You'll need to get a dedicated line and it is very expensive. I can't remember the prices off the top of my head but I'm 95% positive there is no option under $1000. I think the ordering deadline for that stuff is March 5th, so yeah, better tackle that super soon.

As for location we are located smack in the middle [of nowhere] of the US.

lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »

We run a power-sucking ASUS laptop to show the game, a 46" TV, a second laptop for utility purposes, and a lot of phone chargers. 1000W handled all of that fine.

Oooh, internet - you should look into getting this resolved very soon. There is free wi-fi there but it is...not reliable. You'll need to get a dedicated line and it is very expensive. I can't remember the prices off the top of my head but I'm 95% positive there is no option under $1000. I think the ordering deadline for that stuff is March 5th, so yeah, better tackle that super soon.

As for location we are located smack in the middle [of nowhere] of the US.

Yes, Kyle was saying the internet hookup is more than a 10x10... I wonder if a 4G dongle would work in this metallic structure.

1000W sounds like a minimum based on your gear so I'll get that too - man I owe you at least a beer.

Chris Pavia
Level 10

teknobabel42 aquamanscg
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »

You may find this useful:

Developer PSA: Get 2" x 2" Custom App Icon Stickers for 50% off From Sticker Mule

Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »

Haha yeah, I know the feeling Lolo, Randomshade has made this whole PAX thing manageable for me, he's been an amazing help!

And all cell phone stuff will be spotty at best.. thousands of cell phones make it very unreliable. as much as I hate to encourage you to spend money, I think getting internet for your booth would be the best way to demo multiplayer at PAX. Having the connection die will just make a bad impression. Sad

As far as promotion goes Lolo, all I do is send out the best press releases I can muster, be friendly with the journalists, never turn down an interview, and give a copy of the game to any good press/youtuber that asks. Running the kickstarter and being on greenlight seem to help spread the word a great deal too.  The kickstarter gave people something to talk about and a reason to do so.

stitch in time is still work.
Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »

Thanks Chris ^_^   

randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »

Yes, Kyle was saying the internet hookup is more than a 10x10... I wonder if a 4G dongle would work in this metallic structure.

1000W sounds like a minimum based on your gear so I'll get that too - man I owe you at least a beer.

Beer is readily accepted Beer!

Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 12:35:06 AM »

since beer is already covered, how about some cookies Tongue I make a mean chocolate chip and a tasty molasses cookie. *nodnodnod*

lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 05:02:19 AM »

Agreed on all accounts, Chaotic Kitten, except the Internet is insanely expensive ranging from $1k for 300 kbps to $10k (yes that's 10 grand) for 5 mbps - yeah emphasis on insane - so I opted for installing a local photon server on a windows laptop.
You did it smart with split-screen co-op.

Re food and stuff, I was informed the catering guy doesn't see well to us bringing in foodstuff, that includes water - I'll just smuggle it in :D
(am I the only one to get this feeling of excitement like when school started and you met your friends, planned mischiefs & stuff?)

I'll be in on Thursday setting things up. See you guys there.

randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:13 AM »

Cookies are readily accepted Coffee

We took in an entire case of water last year and had no problems. I also brought in some snacks/drinks from the convenience store from time to time and it was never an issue.

I'm much more excited this go around, since we are incredibly much more prepared in every aspect. The first time was pretty much terrifying due to our lack of preparedness.

Chaotic Kitten
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

Holy crap that is a lot of money for having internet for 3 days.....just WOW Screamy

I plan on bringing food with us, the worst thing that happens is I get told not to do it again.

it's about time to start sending out invitations to the press if you guys haven't yet. there is a press list they sent out, if you didn't get it , I can PM it to you.

I feel nervous and excited, and very happy to know people who will be exhibiting too, it's really awesome and I can't wait to meet you all!

lolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 06:06:17 AM »

it's about time to start sending out invitations to the press if you guys haven't yet. there is a press list they sent out, if you didn't get it , I can PM it to you.

I feel nervous and excited, and very happy to know people who will be exhibiting too, it's really awesome and I can't wait to meet you all!

Yes please Smiley

Oh yes that's some exciting time ahead Smiley Will you folks stay in Boston a couple more days before/after ?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic