Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:51:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsT-T-T-TIGJAM FIVE DATES
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: T-T-T-TIGJAM FIVE DATES  (Read 15697 times)
Ryan Clark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »

I'll be at TIGJam and am looking for a place to stay.  Is there an indiehouse happening?  If so, I'd like to join in!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:26:50 PM by Ryan Clark » Logged

Formerly of Grubby Games.  Now working on Crypt of the NecroDancer.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »

I'll be there. Still working out where I'll be staying and whatnot
Have you figured out where you're staying?  Is there still interest in indie house 2?

I couldn't really find a suitable location near where the hacker dojo is now.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »

The light rail goes right by the Dojo if you need to expand your search for a place to stay.
justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »

I ended up getting a bed here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1095202

Less Indie House and more Indie Hostel, but it's a good combo of close and affordable. The twin beds look all booked up but for a little more Hand Money Left you can get a bigger bed or a private room in the same house.

Twitter | Current Project: Heavy drinking
ObjectiveRodeo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »

I ended up getting a bed here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1095202

Thanks for the heads up on this place.  I'm checking the site out now.  Just in case, though, is anyone looking for a roomie?
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »

I got "those dates are not available" for every listing there (I mean, the one Justin linked and the others in the "my other listings" column on that page), for anything starting the 20th... so either it's all booked already or I am just doing it wrong.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
ObjectiveRodeo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »

I got "those dates are not available" for every listing there (I mean, the one Justin linked and the others in the "my other listings" column on that page), for anything starting the 20th... so either it's all booked already or I am just doing it wrong.

"My other listings" refers to the other rooms/properties that that particular host has, so you probably are doing it wrong. There's another section for "Similar listings" that might help you or you could do a search for "Mountain View, CA" and options should come up.
justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »

No, you're doing it right. The fulls look like they got snapped up too.

But, there's also this: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/361750. It was unavailable for awhile (which is why I just grabbed a bed elsewhere) but it now seems to have opened back up. Maxing out with five people here would make that extremely affordable.

Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2013, 07:00:29 AM »

So the event thingy says this ends at 4 on Sunday. Is everyone just gonna head home then or is there going to be some kind of after party or something? Just trying to figure out scheduling here.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2013, 09:23:08 AM »

If it's the same as last time, we'll all go out to an indian buffet afterwords. But hopefully to a different place this time, last place wasn't prepared at all the crowd.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 09:25:12 AM »

Oh and then I think we played Madhouse and Spelunky all night afterword, iirc.
KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »

Is TIG Jam as structured as the Global Game Jam or is it more of a free for all like Ludum Dare?

justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 10:58:54 PM »

Is TIG Jam as structured as the Global Game Jam or is it more of a free for all like Ludum Dare?

No structure. Last time some people worked on projects they'd been stewing up for awhile, others tried to make a quick little game in the 4 days of the Jam. It's up to you. And the dinner/hootenanny afterwards was definitely worth staying an extra night for.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2013, 03:13:29 PM »

Just a friendly reminder to anyone who has been to the Dojo before but not recently, the Dojo has moved a few miles away from its old location to 599 Fairchild Dr  Mountain View, CA 94043.

I imagine most already know this, but figured I'd point it out just in case.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 07:46:23 PM »

I know this is kinda short notice, but is anyone driving down to TIGJam on Thursday? Rob "pierog" Lach is here with me and we wouldn't mind catching a lift down there if possible! Anyone got two spots?

KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »

I know this is kinda short notice, but is anyone driving down to TIGJam on Thursday? Rob "pierog" Lach is here with me and we wouldn't mind catching a lift down there if possible! Anyone got two spots?

I'm driving down from SF if you need a lift.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »

Yeah, that'd be great! How many spots do you have? Our Benevolent Leader and Commander in Chief may also need to join us if you can fit a 3rd. We'll be happy to compensate you for your trouble! What's the most convenient time and place for us to meet you?

KingSlizzard
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »

Yeah, that'd be great! How many spots do you have? Our Benevolent Leader and Commander in Chief may also need to join us if you can fit a 3rd. We'll be happy to compensate you for your trouble! What's the most convenient time and place for us to meet you?

Ya I have three spots (4 if you count the small middle back seat). I live in North Of The Panhandle but really anywhere you guys want to be picked up I can drive there. Is meeting ~3 ok? Don't know if you want to get there earlier.

Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2013, 11:37:59 AM »

Is anyone driving down to TIGJAM from SF and has room for one more? If so I'd really appreciate a ride! Beg
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »

Ya I have three spots (4 if you count the small middle back seat). I live in North Of The Panhandle but really anywhere you guys want to be picked up I can drive there. Is meeting ~3 ok? Don't know if you want to get there earlier.

Awesome! I live right off of 19th Avenue, which is on the way if you're leaving the city that route. Otherwise let us know of a good spot for you and we can meet you there! Derek said he can't come down until Friday so he won't be joining us tomorrow, maybe Daniel X Moore can take his spot?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic