Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:36:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkArtist Needed for Platform-Action-RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist Needed for Platform-Action-RPG  (Read 1558 times)
royibernthal
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:12:49 AM »

We're looking for an artist for a very ambitious open world Platform-Action-RPG programmed in ActionScript 3.0.

The game has been engineered cautiously in order to support great features with no lag at all.

Out of the box solutions:

• Non tile-based enormous and complex hand drawn stages
  • Unique AI and Path Finding
  • Top notch real time action
  • Cached living "objects"
  • Scripted dynamic body movements
  • Encrypted Variables

Main Features:

• Customizable Characters
  • Monsters
  • Breakable Objects
  • Chests
  • Equipment
  • Inventory
  • Factions
  • Parties
  • Bounties
  • Quests
  • Skills

Content can be easily created and modified via AIR editors that require absolutely zero knowledge in code.

What are we looking for?

We are looking for an artist to work with our team on the creation of all visual content.
The artist will work with graphic-related SWCs, saving the trouble of carefully working around sensitive code.
This offer is an offer of partnership with up to 50% of the profits depending on the time and expertise available for the production.

About Us

We currently consist of a programmer and a production artist.
Both of us have years of experience in the games industry and are very passionate about making games.

We've been working on the game for a while, and due to the ambitious nature of the project we decided to expand our team and add more artists.

Screenshots

Art style is possibly temporary and can still be changed.
UI is temporary.

http://sdrv.ms/XyiAuq

Contact

If you're a hard working artist with extraordinary skills, please send us a mail: [email protected]
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:09:46 AM »

This offer is an offer of partnership with up to 50% of the profits depending on the time and expertise available for the production.

As posted in your other thread, you might consider having this moved into Collaborations.
Or is there any up-front payment involved this time?

If you're a hard working artist with extraordinary skills, please send us a mail:

(← new art twitter)
royibernthal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »

Like I said in my other thread, even though there's no upfront payment I wouldn't consider it an unpaid project. The payment simply comes after the work is done - I'm not asking anyone to work for free.

I posted this in collaborations as well.
matwek
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »

Like I said in my other thread, even though there's no upfront payment I wouldn't consider it an unpaid project. The payment simply comes after the work is done - I'm not asking anyone to work for free.
If that is the case then why can't you front at least a bit of the money for the artist? You should be the one taking the financial risk, not the artist.

Regardless, rules are there for a reason. No upfront or guarantee pay, then it belongs in collaborations or unpaid.
royibernthal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »

I am taking the financial risk as well, although it's not much of a risk.

Even though I don't agree with the limited logic of the rules (but I understand it) I'll post it in unpaid.
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »

There isn't any limited logic... it's pretty straightforward. Paid work means guaranteed payment. Collaborations/Partnerships/Percentages of profit are not guaranteed payment. It's the possibility of payment, which is nowhere near the same thing.

These posts actually come off as insulting to artists looking for paid work. Artist's are trying to make a living, and up front payment is the best way to do that. Nobody wants to do a job for months with only the possibility of being paid, when they need to pay rent and put food on the table.

royibernthal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »

My point is that even though there is no contract the money is pretty much guaranteed.

But since you'll have to take my word for it I can understand your side of the story, it does look like an unnecessary risk for someone looking for a stable income.
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 01:17:49 PM »

My point is that even though there is no contract the money is pretty much guaranteed.

But since you'll have to take my word for it I can understand your side of the story, it does look like an unnecessary risk for someone looking for a stable income.

Emphasis mine.
So your guarantee for the project being released and making money, and you actually parting with half the cash despite no contract is precisely what?

To be clear, people here are just trying to explain to you how this is a collaboration instead of Paid Work, nothing more.

(← new art twitter)
royibernthal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 01:39:57 AM »

You don't need to explain to me I perfectly understand the difference.

I have enough experience in the flash games industry to be able to tell.
You are right in a sense, the fact is like I said that I know it'll make money based on previous experience but it's up to you to take my word for it. I probably would've been skeptic about the whole thing myself if I were you.

With that said, I don't think I can convince you or anybody here it belongs to paid work.
When it's done and made some money I can bring proof, if you want.
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »

It doesn't matter if the game makes money. The point is that it's circumstantial. There are big budget games that failed miserably and actually lost a studio money. I doubt that the people working on it were predicting the game to fail so badly.

The point is that unless there is guaranteed payment involved, it doesn't belong here. We can't just go on word or previous experience alone. The only way your post would be valid here is if you guaranteed a small amount of payment with larger profit share on top of that.

royibernthal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 02:58:43 AM »

Okay
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic