Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:02:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Scorpion Box - RELEASED!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: The Scorpion Box - RELEASED!  (Read 10842 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »

Ok, couple of gifs:

I'm still developing the first solution since I came up with that minigame. It is pretty much done. I only need to create scenes for success and fail and later add some sounds & stuff.

i.i
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »

There's something about playing DDR to pickup a turtle that is incredibly hilarious.  Cheesy
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »

There's something about playing DDR to pickup a turtle that is incredibly hilarious.  Cheesy

Haha, good to hear Smiley

Anyway, today I finished first solution. Basically now player can solve the problem by one method. Still four left! Some of them are probably faster to make, while others might be a bit slower. I'm going to try to boost my development pace a bit this month and try to finish two other solutions at least. Lets see how it works out!

I'll probably release a playable demo soon to get some feedback about design.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 12:14:52 PM »

First demo released! Two out of five solutions available
Note: There is lots of items which can't be used to anything atm. Game will tell you when you reach the successful solution. There isn't sounds or proper ending scenes yet.

Please give feedback about anything, playability, ideas etc. Oh, and if someone is interested in proof-reading, PM me!

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 10:51:12 AM »

Would like to have some feedback Smiley

Anyway, next I'm going to make third solution. It looks like it will take more time than second one which was rather easy to make. Mainly because it will likely involve a minigame about poems. I also have to implement working computer into game which lets you "browse" couple of WIkipedia pages.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

Dropped in to say that I probably have to take few days off from this project, since I'm having an exam next Monday and my summer job software project is nearing it's end. So I'm creatively bit exhausted atm, but should be able to pick up the speed soon enough. Probably gonna do something on weekend or next Tuesday depending on how things will turn out.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

Managed to squeeze almost two and half hours of work today! Pretty much made whole computer interface which is needed for solutions three and four. The computer lets the user to browse Wikipedia pages of scorpion and turtle:

Next I'll probably tackle either solutions three or four. Both will require some minigame programming which might take some time. They also have one failing scenes each. Looks like the solution five will be most complex to make depending how I'm going to implement it. Solution two might require some modifying later, since I had to leave its failing scene out because of some collision check problems. Might try to figure them out later.

All in all, I think that the game is progressing well and I hope that I could finish it in September.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2013, 01:07:35 AM »

Recently I have mostly used Google Docs for my personal logging so I had forgotten this one.

I'm happy to say that all four solutions have been programmed. I left one out because I felt it wasn't that good and tricky to program, though it might make a comeback if I feel like that. Now most of the content is done. Following tasks are left:

• Design & implement proper death and win cutscenes (draw, program)
  • Add sound effects
  • Add some music
  • Program pause menu
  • Program "achievements"
  • Implement some kind of analytics API
  • Intro screens etc.

So there is still many tasks to be done, but each of them should be relatively simple to complete. Cutscenes will involve most of the work. I probably have to do some bug-testing etc. And of course there is lot to be polished, but I'm not sure how far I'm going to go with that since this isn't commercial release.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »

Okay, things have progressed well even though my studies have been pretty intense and will be also in next week.

Right now all death scenes are finished and put into game. Some preliminary menus have been programmed (no contents yet) and I have discussed with my musician about music. All in all, the game has progressed steadily Smiley

Next I'll make some modifications to one solution and add "best end" scene to the game. After that I'll probably start recording sound effects and embed them to the game.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:43:44 PM by Tumetsu » Logged

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »

Nice progress, Looking forward to the final result , so I can freeze my box and eat some turtle icecream Smiley
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »

Game is coming along great Smiley

Only things left are game's intro, preloader, dialogue proofreading. I think I'll "finish" the game this week. Not sure about release yet, since I probably have to test it a bit, fix found bugs etc. I might put the game into FGL for short period of time but not sure if I bother Tongue

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:39:30 AM by Tumetsu » Logged

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 03:40:42 AM »

Game is content-wise finished. I uploaded it to FGL for a round of testing and later might try to get licensing. Will probably release in next month Smiley

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »

The Scorpion Box is finally released!
Check it here:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37067.0
or here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628194

Didn't want to wait nor really cared for FGL stuff after all, so here it is.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic