Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 08:25:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat kind of mouse do you have?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: What kind of mouse do you have?  (Read 4268 times)
pgil
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »

I bought this mouse a couple of months ago and it sucks.  A few days ago the middle button just stopped working.

I went back to using me old mouse, a full-sized wired microsoft thing I bought a couple of years ago, and it's ok, but it also has problems with the middle button (not as bad as the new one, though).

So what kind of mice are all y'all using?
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:03:58 AM »

I use that mouse with my netbook. Has worked flawlessly couple of years now. Though I only use it with netbook so mostly on lectures.

My main mouse at the moment is Logitech G500 which is awesome. Best mouse I have ever used:

Earlier I used this:

It was ok for cheap mouse.

motorherp
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »

RAT 7 at work (fully adjustable which is nice for extended sessions):

and the Roccat Kova at home:

I like mice that you can set nice and fast/sensitive to minimise movements since I'm using them all day, plus I can't live without side navigation buttons now, they're so useful for jumping backwards and forwards in code.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »

I use my laptop's trackpad for work and web browsing, but I'm currently using a Logitech G400 for gaming. It feels solid and has nice response, though I wouldn't mind if the buttons were just a little bit clickier. Normally I'm not picky about mice, but after having a bunch of cheap generic ones crap out on me, I decided to try something a bit fancier.

ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »

this, but worn down with 3000 games of league of legends/dota

the grip coating has pretty much all but worn off and the right button takes way more pressure than it should to click

its also really tiny (smaller than the length of my palm)
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 10:24:09 AM »

Trust 250S

Been using it for 6-7 years I think and it has died on me on several occasions but I've revived it every time. Right now it feels brand new though the coating has completely worn off.

I've tried other mice but buttons on those have died rather quickly so I always end up back with this one. Plus the size is just right, it's pretty chunky and feels solid especially when doing graphics work where I don't want the mouse to fly off and mess up my pixels because I breathed a little stronger.

Ant
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »

belkin mini optical

it be so light and breezy
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:14:04 AM »

The best.

impulse9
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »

I'm pretty satisfied but the blue light is annoying. One day I'll dismantle the whole thing and cut those damn LED's out. Otherwise a fine mouse.
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »

Deal with it.

I can still out-perform people with fancier periphery in both games and work, so what's the point of having anything more?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 12:51:22 PM »

i used to use a logitech mini optical, the unofficial mouse of the starcraft brood war profession (almost every single pro player of brood war used that mouse, probably because it was so small and light). eventually though, after about 10 years of good use, that mouse broke down so i had to replace it with a razor abyssus, which isn't as good (despite being much more expensive -- but the logitech mini optical is now out of production and is impossible to buy anymore except used), but is still pretty good. for my mac i use a magic mouse

r.i.p. noble mouse

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:16:45 PM by Paul Eres » Logged

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 02:57:58 PM »

The best.

This one!

I like the buttons that set sensitivity up and down, for alternating between sniping/hipfire run and gun.

I used to play a lot of shooters.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »

lmao at tech support master chief up there. anyway i use a laptop trackpad that still has the plastic cover on it because i am scared of tarnishing my electronic goods due to childhood trauma (physically and mentally abused by a c64)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »

I like the buttons that set sensitivity up and down, for alternating between sniping/hipfire run and gun.
I used to play a lot of shooters.
I find myself never using in games (it never ever actually helps) but it's very handy for going from clicking internet things to image editing.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
pgil
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 06:54:03 AM »

Whenever i use one of these it just pisses me off. How do you make it not scroll whenever it feels like it?

I don't know what this is.

These are more what I'm looking for.  A mouse.  Why don't they make those anymore Sad
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 07:12:15 AM »

I'll admit the ones motorherp posted look awesome from a purely aesthetic point of view. Not sure how much of a difference in functionality they could have, but maybe I'm missing out. Personally, I don't like the way a lot of those fancier mice feel in my hand, nor do I like having a bunch of extra buttons that I could accidentally hit.

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 07:17:41 AM »

I wouldn't want to use motorherp's mouse -- I'd be constantly worried that it would transform into a robot and kill me...

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 07:20:06 AM »

it looks like you could climb inside it and fly into outer space.

emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 07:28:40 AM »

Whenever i use one of these it just pisses me off. How do you make it not scroll whenever it feels like it?
Don't rest your palm on top of it and it won't scroll.  It took a little while for me to get used to it but I prefer it to any other mouse now.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic