Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:16:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat kind of mouse do you have?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: What kind of mouse do you have?  (Read 4194 times)
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 07:29:14 AM »

Very comfortable and affordable. Plus sweet extra buttons for gaming.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 07:53:18 AM »

My main mouse at the moment is Logitech G500 which is awesome. Best mouse I have ever used:

using the same one, only problem that I have is that cartridge with these weights broke and I can't pull it out Sad

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:22 AM »

It stuck there for me too but I don't really use it so it doesn't matter. And you can get it out if you really want.

Also, even though the mouse is a gaming mouse, I don't use it much for gaming. It is just so comfortable and ergonomic which makes it great for me.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »

Love this mouse.
ink.inc
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

can't risk using wireless mice; they tend to run out of battery just in the middle of game-deciding teamfights.

"wireless mice are about as useful as wireless monitors" - Paul "Rinkuhero" Eres
impulse9
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »

No, they tend to just not work in the middle of anything. Wires work. Ninja
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »

They are handy with laptops you move around.

impulse9
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »

That is true. Trackpad feels a bit like trying to ice skate on lava.
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08:21 PM »

It was an okay mouse for 6 years or so, but the middle button has given out and I need a replacement.

Looking for a good claw grip made for smaller hands, with some extra buttons, especially now that I'm getting into DotA 2. Any suggestions?
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 03:02:01 PM »

It was an okay mouse for 6 years or so, but the middle button has given out and I need a replacement.

Looking for a good claw grip made for smaller hands, with some extra buttons, especially now that I'm getting into DotA 2. Any suggestions?
Logitech G500

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:28 AM »

I was very much opposed to wireless until I tried the one I use. After signalling low battery with red light it still holds for 2 weeks.

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:50 AM »

at home

at work

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:09 AM »

I was very much opposed to wireless until I tried the one I use. After signalling low battery with red light it still holds for 2 weeks.

i should note that that wireless quote john mentioned was from about 6 years ago when wireless mice were all terrible; it's possible they've improved since. i last tried a wireless mouse about 6 years ago and it kept losing connection about once an hour or so, which is pretty bad when playing mp games like starcraft; i just threw it away after about a few weeks of trying to live with it
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:07:28 AM by Paul Eres » Logged

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 05:06:05 AM »

I'm pretty satisfied but the blue light is annoying. One day I'll dismantle the whole thing and cut those damn LED's out. Otherwise a fine mouse.

I use that. My first one started registering double clicks when I'd single click so they replaced it. I'm not a fan of the blue lights either; I have to throw a shirt on top of it when I go to sleep. It's still the best mouse I've owned, though.

I like the concept of Apple's Magic Mouse but I think I'd die with no proper middle click or side buttons. I use one for activating OS X's mission control feature and another for minimizing windows.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:48 AM »

there's a program you can download that lets you add middle mouse to the magic mouse; you put down two fingers on the mouse and then click to use it; not as great as an actual middle mouse button but it's usable

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »

i should note that that wireless quote john mentioned was from about 6 years ago when wireless mice were all terrible; it's possible they've improved since. i last tried a wireless mouse about 6 years ago and it kept losing connection about once an hour or so, which is pretty bad when playing mp games like starcraft; i just threw it away after about a few weeks of trying to live with it

I bought a wireless mouse a couple of years ago after needing a new one and not being able to find a single wired mouse in the entire store. It worked pretty well, but would occasionally seem to get confused and update the cursor position very sporadically for a few seconds until it recovered. I just don't see the appeal of a wireless mouse, really... Way more things to go wrong, batteries to replace, and nothing to stop it from smashing to the floor if it slips off my desk.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »

Is a gaming mouse really worth the expense, or is it just a gimmick to get money from you? I don't know why an ordinary, 5 dollars discount mouse can't work for most things.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »

Well same goes for cars, houses, food, clothing and the rest.

Endless choices that are *mostly* cosmetic.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 11:39:36 PM »

Well, yeah, but the difference between a great meal and an instant microwave meal might be larger than the difference between a gaming mouse and a cheap one.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 12:21:41 AM »

A gaming mouse has more buttons. Do you think you will need more buttons? If so, a mouse with more buttons may be the right choice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic