Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026213 Posts in 41132 Topics- by 32735 Members - Latest Member: paranoidninja

July 24, 2014, 05:00:26 AM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsDark Side Jam: Game Jam with NASA! March 8th
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Side Jam: Game Jam with NASA! March 8th  (Read 1988 times)
bmau.ro
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:26:20 PM »

Hey dudes!  I and some others have been working with some NASA peeps for a bunch of months now, and we're finally ready to announce this:

It will be hosted by NASA at the NASA Ames Research Center in Mountain View, CA.  There will be themes revolving around space, science and education with NASA people on site checking out the jam and helping out with inspiration and stuff.  Plus you can stay in the dorms at Ames for $50 a night (or sleep in the Jam hall, but the option is there).  The rest of the jam is free, food provided!

Anyway we opened up signups today: http://www.darksidejam.com/nasa-ames/
If you're not Bay Area local it'd be awesome to have some satellite (pun possibly intended) jams too!

zovirl
Level 1

Mark Ivey

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 02:31:53 PM »

Sounds awesome!

I likely won't be able to make the entire weekend. Would it be appropriate to sign up if I can only stop by for part of the time? If you're space-limited I don't want to take a slot from someone who would go for the whole thing.

Alaskan Runway, a side-scrolling flight sim I'm working on.
Forest, a walking meditation game. (behind the scenes)
www.zovirl.com
bmau.ro
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »

Feel free!  There is room for like 200+ people, the conference center is huge.
EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 01:43:23 AM »

This sounds awesome and I will do my darndest to go.  I also call dibs on all Space Jam related puns.
Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »

You should make it more obvious that only American permanent residents are allowed.

(which is understandable but it suuucks)
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:42:34 PM »

I'll be there, looking to join a team. My last jam was Molyjam, and it was great! Who's up for some space madness?

Non-american citizens can attend, but they have to pass extra checks at the gate. Everyone can join satellite jams. One is already forming in Melbourne. Others are in the wings.

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 04:23:47 PM »

Non-american citizens can attend, but they have to pass extra checks at the gate.

This directly contradicts what I was told through their official Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/darksidejam/status/303411195648540672

They clearly say that you need a green card if you are not a US citizen.

I've lived in the US for about 3 years, work and live here, but do not have a green card, ergo I can't attend.
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 05:17:37 PM »

Guillaume,  you are correct. I confused something else, forms to fill out for foreign nationals working the conference (I think). However, you can participate from home, if not at a local satellite jam. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple didn't spring up around the bay. Consider seeding a satellite jam yourself.

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 06:43:04 PM »

Wild. I'm kinda impressed that there's a jam with an open+public invitation that I just can't get in to (Canadian). NAAAASAAAA!

(I'm not around anyway. I don't get down until the 14th)

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
bmau.ro
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »

Yeah sorry about the foreign national thing, it was the tradeoff we had to make with having the location be a US government facility.  Their decision, not ours!

We are, however, up to 5 locations total as of today. Ames, Concord NH, Phoenix AZ, Winnipeg, and Seattle.  Signup links are on the mainpage, and it's looking like we might have a few other last minute locations too.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic