Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:32:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeHigh Resolution Effects Pack
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: High Resolution Effects Pack  (Read 7467 times)
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »

Looking great! A tutorial would be very helpful. You could say it's a "free bonus" when you buy the graphics pack. Those pixel art effects you posted before are really awesome and I would definitely use them in game.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
Ridley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »

I would pay $5 for them, and think that's an incredibly reasonable price. Hell, I would pay that just for the tutorial, as long as it's lengthy and descriptive enough in content.

I think it involves a certain mindset, when people say that's too expensive. Paying $5 for file sounds weird, yet buying the less efficient and outmoded distribution of the same knowledge--a CD, or a book--sounds easy to pick up at that price. I had to reconcile my views on digital sales awhile back when I realized I wasn't willing to buy a choice sound effects library for $200, but the 200 resources therein at $1 each were actually a great price for both the consumer and the producer, in regards to quality. It left me kind of confused, actually. You just have to rethink the approach of how you buy things.

And honestly, those effects are great. I'm particularly fond of the pixel fire, which is probably disappointing news to you, but I've tried and failed to make something similar, least of all so graceful.
Copywright
Level 0

Vague Katti Wielder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »

I'd shell out $5 for this, easy. These would complement the Cartoon FX packs(1 , 2) in the Unity Asset Store.

owendeery
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

Still working on this at all? I was super psyched to check it out...

Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »

Muzz, these are fine effects, the pixelated ones look especially nice.

Would you perhaps consider lowering your price for us wee little people to recognition in a game as compensation so we can get art and you, recognition?

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 06:45:07 AM »

Yeah how's this going?!?

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »

I don't think anything is happening with this because the last time Muzz visited the site was back in February, it's a shame because the effects look really nice and I'd really like to learn some stuff from the tutorial PDF.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic