Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:45:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkFree Logo Thread - Limited Spaces Available
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Free Logo Thread - Limited Spaces Available  (Read 4441 times)
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:04:04 AM »

Can I have you make an "Impmaster" logo? It'd be cool to have something of my own. Feel free to spend very little time on it.

Sure! Any size requirements?
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:06:25 AM »

I'd like to use it for this forum, so make it similar to other pics. In the future, when I finally release some games, I may use it as well, so if it is easy to make a large version as well, that would be nice. However, I have nothing specific.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 05:27:46 AM »

I'd like to use it for this forum, so make it similar to other pics. In the future, when I finally release some games, I may use it as well, so if it is easy to make a large version as well, that would be nice. However, I have nothing specific.

It sounds like what you want is an avatar that can later be used as a logo as well. Is that right?

Just making sure I have as much info as I can get before I start working.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 05:29:02 AM »

Yep. That's just right. Thanks a lot!

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:27 AM »

If you've still got spots available:

Name of Business: Greater Good Games
    Type of Business: Charitable Indie Games Developer
    Describe your average customer in around 50 words or less: Hardcore Gamer.  Though Break Blocks appears to be a casual game, it is definitely not
    Tell me all the places your logo is going to appear, and include a link to any website it may appear on: http://www.greatergoodgames.org/, in videos

, and as an avatar on forums
    What are your logo size or web banner size requirements? None, as long as it's not huge. Also, if we have to use a modified logo as an avatar, so be it.
    Average cost to average customer of your product or service: $5
    Describe your product or service in three descriptors: Quality, Entertaining, Unconventional

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:58 AM »

Yep. That's just right. Thanks a lot!

PM me your email and I'll send you the .pdf which can be resized to fit anything without showing pixels. If this is too big let me know and I'll resize the .gif.

I hereby release copyright for this image to Impmaster. Enjoy!

Hypothetical price: 15 minutes = $10 for the avatar, $50 for the copyright and unlimited free use as a logo and for merchandising. I rate this image a 3/5 in terms of the quality level I am capable of producing.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:40:28 AM by Guildenstern » Logged
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 06:13:19 AM »

If you've still got spots available:

Name of Business: Greater Good Games
    Type of Business: Charitable Indie Games Developer
    Describe your average customer in around 50 words or less: Hardcore Gamer.  Though Break Blocks appears to be a casual game, it is definitely not
    Tell me all the places your logo is going to appear, and include a link to any website it may appear on: http://www.greatergoodgames.org/, in videos

, and as an avatar on forums
    What are your logo size or web banner size requirements? None, as long as it's not huge. Also, if we have to use a modified logo as an avatar, so be it.
    Average cost to average customer of your product or service: $5
    Describe your product or service in three descriptors: Quality, Entertaining, Unconventional

And with this entry I have just 1 spot left available. Expect your prelims sometime soon.
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:26 AM »

This is so awesome. You have some great skills at working well/fast. If I get money that I need to spend on something like this, I'll be sure to remember you.

Thanks! Good luck in the future, anon!
EamonP
Level 0

UK Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 10:52:29 AM »

Name of Business: EliteWare

Type of Business: Cartoony Game Developers

Describe your average customer in around 50 words or less: Usually between about 10-18, likes casual games.

Tell me all the places your logo is going to appear, and include a link to any website it may appear on: http://www.eliteware.co.uk it will also appear in any games I/We produce

What are your logo size or web banner size requirements?: Around 720px X 240px

Average cost to average customer of your product or service: Only a couple of dollars

Describe your product or service in three descriptors (eg. "reliable" "wacky" "country-themed"):  Cartoon, Simple, Fun

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »

Cool

This thread is now closed to new applicants.

If you want to hire me, my email address is [email protected]

Scott, here is the rough draft of your final logo. Let me know if there are any minor edits you want to make at this stage. If you wanted to compose something to fit along the bottom bar that's an option we can talk about, but you'd need to provide me with a very large version of the notation. I copied your prior composition for this one.

Overall, I'm a bit unhappy with this layout. It's a little imbalanced. I'm going to try to clean it up and make it fit more squarely inside the borders. Let me know what size requirements you have if there are any, otherwise I'll be making it 800 pixels wide.

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 06:08:40 PM »

This is your 'major edits' phase. Pick a direction or offer one that is more satisfying. You only get 'minor edits' after this, so be as detailed as you can be now.
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »

LOL well I blanked this up, as you'll notice. I promise I'll change the typography to say EliteWare after I hear back from you. Sorry! Sometimes my eyes don't quite work in tandem with my brain!
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:22 PM »

Well you've already got an AMAZING logo presented here. Good color scheme, hierarchy is good, unity throughout... I feel a lot of pressure to actually work hard on this one and try to outdo whomever designed it. The three Gs in a row looked too much like 666 so I scrapped that idea.

I'm having a bit of a hard time with the font. I honestly love the font you've already got going and maybe just your symbol needs to be updated? Or were you hoping for a whole new direction? Well here are three very different typography examples. Alternately if you can provide an example of a good font you'd like to go with that would take some of the pressure off and give me a better idea of what to do for you. Let me know how you feel about this. After these major edits you'll get a chance for minor edits. Be as descriptive in what you want as possible so we can move closer to a finished product together.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:51:44 PM by Guildenstern » Logged
Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »

A couple other options here I doodled out. Whew! That was actually a lot of work! I hope I haven't disappointed you too badly!
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 06:55:08 AM »

We really like the three capital Gs in the circular arrangement in the middle of the page, but I think we want to roll with the Greater Good Games text in a square in the upper right hand corner of the page.  We were wondering if we could get it in vector image format so that it stays beautiful if we scale it up or down, preferably an AI file.  Thanks for working on it!

A little side note, we've decided to entirely redesign our website around the new logo, because we're so excited about it =)

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 07:45:58 AM »

We really like the three capital Gs in the circular arrangement in the middle of the page, but I think we want to roll with the Greater Good Games text in a square in the upper right hand corner of the page.  We were wondering if we could get it in vector image format so that it stays beautiful if we scale it up or down, preferably an AI file.  Thanks for working on it!

A little side note, we've decided to entirely redesign our website around the new logo, because we're so excited about it =)

Typically this is where you ask for revisions, but if you're truly satisfied with this imagery at least let me finish kerning and spacing it. I'm also going to make it exactly square. What do you think of these:

If you prefer the original that's fine, but on the remade ones the line weights match better. Also you have a bold and less bold versions. Well, you've been an incredibly easy client to work with so far! PM me your email address and I'll send you the .ai files at your convenience.

Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »

I sent you a PM with some of this, but we honestly like the original better.  We like that it's kinda unfiltered and not exactly square.  We also prefer the thicker/chunkier version of GOOD in the original. Thanks again for your efforts.

Guildenstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »

I sent you a PM with some of this, but we honestly like the original better.  We like that it's kinda unfiltered and not exactly square.  We also prefer the thicker/chunkier version of GOOD in the original. Thanks again for your efforts.

The files are sent! Thanks so much for your participation in this thread! I hereby release all ownership of copyright for the Greater Good Games logo to Xienen.

Hypothetical price: 3 hours = $120 for just the logo, $600 for full copyright including permission to use on things like shirts, mugs and other non-brand related merchandise, as well as anywhere else the company sees fit to use it. I would rate this logo a 5/5 in terms of the quality I am able to produce.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:49:31 AM by Guildenstern » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »

this is good work
ScottGraves
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:22 AM »

Cool

This thread is now closed to new applicants.

If you want to hire me, my email address is [email protected]

Scott, here is the rough draft of your final logo. Let me know if there are any minor edits you want to make at this stage. If you wanted to compose something to fit along the bottom bar that's an option we can talk about, but you'd need to provide me with a very large version of the notation. I copied your prior composition for this one.

Overall, I'm a bit unhappy with this layout. It's a little imbalanced. I'm going to try to clean it up and make it fit more squarely inside the borders. Let me know what size requirements you have if there are any, otherwise I'll be making it 800 pixels wide.

800px works for me.
If possible could the notes match the colour/style of the font?

Aside from that Im really digging this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic