Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1034125 Posts in 41707 Topics- by 33308 Members - Latest Member: Dalhan

August 19, 2014, 08:51:07 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessiOS App and Flash-Version on Portals
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: iOS App and Flash-Version on Portals  (Read 411 times)
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:11:16 AM »

Hey ho!

As my iOS Game Deletr is in the last 10% i'm thinking about promotion with the Flash version of the game.
Does anyone have experience with this?
Do you think its smart to broadly publish the Flash Versions on all Flash-Portals to get some eyeballs on it, or would it make more sense trying to get a sponsorship on one of the Bigger ones?
I would like to keep all the rights for the Mobile Version.

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
gambrinous
Level 3

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:06 AM »

Here's a couple of interesting articles on the subject

Defender's Quest (free flash game, no sponsor I think, plus for-sale downloadable version):
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/168303/defenders_quest_by_the_numbers.php
(also check out more on his blog: http://www.fortressofdoors.com/)

Steambirds (free flash game, with sponsor, plus mobile version):
http://www.andymoore.ca/2010/03/steambirds-by-the-numbers/

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 10:44:44 PM »

I did this, I can't tell you how many of the flash game players converted into sales but I think it was overall a positive thing to do.

The way I see it, consumers of flash game sites are isolated from the marketing associated with app store stuff, so having a game on their sites is reaching them, as opposed to having nothing reach them.

Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 07:28:05 AM »

yep thats right, did upload a preview on several portals, lets see if it works out Wink

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »

Well, keep us posted on the results! Smiley

I've been thinking about this kind of Flash + mobile release strategy as well. What I think I might do with future projects is, have exactly the same thing for Flash and iOS+Android, the Flash version would be free and the mobile version would be paid. On the flash version there would be a link to the mobile versions, and on the description of the mobile versions there would be a link to the Flash version, so they can try the game. But the games would be the same. No demo / lite version or anything.

I like this idea, because if it's the kind of game that's simple / casual, they can play as long as they want with the Flash version, and if they want it on mobile, they can pay.

What I'm not sure of, is whether putting the Flash game up for sponsorship would be against the rules, however. I guess it depends on the portal. Maybe there are exclusivity periods: something like, 2 weeks just Flash, then you can release the mobile versions and add links to them inside the Flash game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic