Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:51:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat's the deal with Minecraft
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: What's the deal with Minecraft  (Read 8457 times)
impulse9
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:42:42 AM »

It's boring and incredibly ugly. It has zero gameplay. Hell even Lego Island is a masterpiece comparing to it.

So why do people like it so much? Explain yourselves. Ninja
WonderlandGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:57:07 AM »

People love the creativity and the fact that there is so many different ways to play. Also, building and working on a huge replica of the Death Star with friends is fun.
Ant
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 02:59:42 AM »

I don't like it now, but I got into a bit back way before they added all the tacked-on rpg stuff like potions and villages. Principally it was the exploration side that I liked most, I just found it pretty cool spelunking, sailing around for new areas and building little houses to travel between (most of the time I had it on peaceful), but I got tired of it after a couple of weeks. I think it mostly sells itself on 'potential' rather than actually interesting gameplay.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 07:28:46 AM »

HOW COME PEOPLE LIKE THIS THING I DON'T LIKE
shay.yizhak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »

It's boring and incredibly ugly. It has zero gameplay.

I tried the game a few years ago, when it was new and exciting. And guess what? I couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes. It was so boring.

A few years (months?) later, there was all this talk about how great a game it is. So I thought to myself "Well, maybe I just missed something the first time. I didn't give the game a proper chance."

So I installed it once again. Five more minutes, and I couldn't take it anymore and deleted it.

So, yeah - I have no idea why people are playing this boring game.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »

lol all y'all lonerzzzz need to play it with friendzzzz

olücæbelel
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 08:28:19 AM »

I searched the web and discovered that the propaganda and the hype about Minecraft runs so deep that you actually have cartoon comics advertising the game. The funny thing is that even those comic ads are so dull and boring. Seriously, who would like wasting time on such boring game? There are dozens of games that provide immediate fun.

Wake up, its time to stop the scam of monopoly spammers like TIGsource. If they created the hype and are advertising something as savagely as they are advertising the Minecraft, you know it sucks ... and it does suck, big time! Its what TIGsource and alike do. They'll hypnotize you and bomb you with their propaganda and advertisement machinery of lies, deceiving you into thinking that crap is actually a cake. And for them, its just a test to see how many gullible people there are, and if the test succeeds, you can expect more scams in the future.

If you woke up while reading all of this, it means that I managed to de-hypnotize you. Congratulations! And now there's no going back, you swallowed the red pill (or was it the blue one? ... whatever) and its time for you to go to deceivers, to go to the source of all the lies and deception and tell them that your mind is now free, that you'll think on your own, that you'll decide what games you like or dislike on your own from now on, and you should wake up others. The more of us, the sooner they will fall!

That game should be called Mindcrap, because that's what it does to your head.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »

It's boring and incredibly ugly. It has zero gameplay.

I tried the game a few years ago, when it was new and exciting. And guess what? I couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes. It was so boring.

A few years (months?) later, there was all this talk about how great a game it is. So I thought to myself "Well, maybe I just missed something the first time. I didn't give the game a proper chance."

So I installed it once again. Five more minutes, and I couldn't take it anymore and deleted it.

So, yeah - I have no idea why people are playing this boring game.
exactly my experience, tho a lot of my friends spent dozens of hours playing it

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »

I searched the web and discovered that the propaganda and the hype about Minecraft runs so deep that you actually have cartoon comics advertising the game. The funny thing is that even those comic ads are so dull and boring. Seriously, who would like wasting time on such boring game? There are dozens of games that provide immediate fun.

Wake up, its time to stop the scam of monopoly spammers like TIGsource. If they created the hype and are advertising something as savagely as they are advertising the Minecraft, you know it sucks ... and it does suck, big time! Its what TIGsource and alike do. They'll hypnotize you and bomb you with their propaganda and advertisement machinery of lies, deceiving you into thinking that crap is actually a cake. And for them, its just a test to see how many gullible people there are, and if the test succeeds, you can expect more scams in the future.

If you woke up while reading all of this, it means that I managed to de-hypnotize you. Congratulations! And now there's no going back, you swallowed the red pill (or was it the blue one? ... whatever) and its time for you to go to deceivers, to go to the source of all the lies and deception and tell them that your mind is now free, that you'll think on your own, that you'll decide what games you like or dislike on your own from now on, and you should wake up others. The more of us, the sooner they will fall!

That game should be called Mindcrap, because that's what it does to your head.

Codergames?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:59:03 AM »

Can you even craf something during the first 5 mins?

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »

Can you even craf something during the first 5 mins?
I didn't know how to

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »

I think you can craft a wooden pickaxe right away by punching wood from a tree...

How the hell do I know this when I've never even played the game?!

Laserbrain Studios
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »

You cant.

The ver first thing you can craft is a craft table.

I do admit I didnt know how to until my second playthrough. I was just making dirt fortresses.

ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »

I tried 2 times and each time I was running around punching chickens and pigs, hearing these strange noises, then night was coming, monsters too

didn't know how to craft anything, got bored

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »

i don't think any game can be judged in just 5 minutes; if you play minecraft for 5 minutes of course you'll find it boring

i think it's an interesting game but i don't personally play it because it feels too much like mario paint (a specialized creative tool where your creations may be interesting to other mario paint enthusiasts but no museum will ever carry your mario paint masterpiece). i find it more interesting to make games than to make stuff in minecraft, but i think minecraft is a great game for kids to get their "creative juices flowing" to use a hackneyed phrase

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 10:29:40 AM »

Someone generated a living, infinite world for you and you got bored.

_Tommo_
Level 8

frn frn frn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »

they didn't shove it in their brains along with massive explosion and trailers, how could they think that people actually got an attention span!!1

Minecraft is one of the most "passive" games out there, it does nothing to "grant" you fun by handhelding, cutscenes, tutorials, achievements and blah.
The matter with it is that lots of people are tired sick (me included) to be hand hold in every game and just want to go around and experiment and see what happens, and Minecraft works really well for them.

The downside of this is that if you can't have fun by yourself by setting your goals and learning how the world works, the game will be boring as hell because basically, nothing will happen (other than you being killed at night).

and sorry for posting an actual reply in a rant thread Durr...?

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 10:57:44 AM »

I'm not particularly a fan of handholding, but I do like it when I feel the "author's" presence in a game. When there's a clear vision being presented. It feels too obvious to me that Notch didn't really have an idea what he wanted the game to be when he started it and admittedly still didn't when he stopped developing it. The game is almost a blank canvas for players to be creative with, and like Paul, I prefer to be creative by working on my own game.

Laserbrain Studios
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »

i don't think any game can be judged in just 5 minutes; if you play minecraft for 5 minutes of course you'll find it boring
if a game makes u bored in 5 minutes then pardon me

the most important advice I  learned from TeeGee is that the game's first 5-15 minutes are the most important, also if other ppl judge my games by first minutes why wouldn't I judge other games the same way, it's not like I have nothing else to do than to wait if the game turns out to be awesome after 30 minutes of doing boring shit

he's called God if you believe in this and you were bored enough to play some (extremely) mere initiation of it made of boxes

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 11:06:12 AM »

i agree that it's important to the marketing and sales of a game to make the first 5 minutes interesting. but that isn't what i meant. what i meant was that the first 5 minutes of a game usually tells you nothing about how much you'd enjoy the game if you played 5 more hours. most people *think* it's a good representation of the game, and, because a lot of people think that, making the first 5 minutes matters a lot in terms of how many people will play your game. but spending most of your effort on the first 5 minutes and less on the rest, even though it'll get you more sales, won't actually make your game better, or please hardcore fans of the game, so i think it's generally a bad idea

here's an analogy: how good your trailer is also matters to your sales. it often matters more than how good the game actually is. but judging a game based on the quality of the trailer is obviously not a great way to judge games. same thing with judging a game based on the first five minutes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic