Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:49:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsRequest a Tutorial
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
Print
Author Topic: Request a Tutorial  (Read 181999 times)
AlwaysGeeky
Level 0

AlwaysGeeky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: July 20, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »

Any tutorials on skeletal animation? I think I used to have one of these that was really good, but I have lost the link, will try to dig it out and share.
TheBreadCat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »

I would like to see a java OpenGL / LWJGL / GDX tutorial for 3D game making.  Gentleman

Twitter: marcoaslak
TheBreadCat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2012, 10:41:28 AM »

can anybody show me how to, or point me towards a tutorial that explains jumping with 8 way movement in Game Maker?

I'm working on a beat em up, and I can't quite figure out how to handle jumping.
Just draw the sprite with a jump animation higher up, and make him not hitable until he reaches a certain height? Would that work for your game?

I've always sticked to Game Maker, and now I'm learning Actionscript 3. But Actionscript doesn't work for me. By using Game Maker for so long, for me AS3 seems really illogical.
Importing packages, 'childs'. Here on school the teaching isn't really fast, wich is annyoing for the projects I'm working on.

So, I'm looking for a tut that compares AS3 with Game Maker. I hope that, in that way, it's easier for me to learn. Thanks.
Well I would highly recommend you to take a look at FlashPunk. It has more a GameMaker wipe, and it is really easy and fast to develop in. And it has a really amazing community, I've never met so friendly, helpful people :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:38:16 AM by TheBreadCat » Logged

makis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:04 AM »

Any tutorial for Blitz Plus/3D/Max?
TheBreadCat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2012, 12:01:30 PM »

Any tutorial for Blitz Plus/3D/Max?
I found this: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85ECD3CBCC36F0E0&feature=plcp

makis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »

Thank you very much.
TheBreadCat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: July 31, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »

Thank you very much.
No problem Smiley

AAaAaAah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »

I was wondering if anyone could make a tutoral on a 2D character(animated sprite) in 3d world in Unity3d
An example of the type of effect I'm looking for is

Although what I hope to achieve will be very different graphically.
Ashkin
« Reply #448 on: August 04, 2012, 01:03:36 PM »

I was wondering if anyone could make a tutoral on a 2D character(animated sprite) in 3d world in Unity3d
Solarlune has a tutorial for that.
AAaAaAah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 06, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »

That's for Blender, not unity
thejackamo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a One Button Platformer tutorial anywhere? I seem to be going around in circles trying to find one, rather than all the regular ones out there. Flash is preferable, but if there is an XNA one, it's about time I started in that.
Ashkin
« Reply #451 on: August 20, 2012, 10:56:01 PM »

Er. What do you mean by that, exactly? Just find a normal platformer tutorial and reduce the design to one button?
beestings
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 26, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »

I have been interested in programming for years now but I haven't really learned yet. I want so badly to make a game that I find it extremely frustrating to sit through learning languages by learning how to create stuff that is unrelated to what I am doing. I dabbled a little in ActionScript 2 but then wanted to upgrade to c++ or c# (preferably c++). I havent found any tutorials out there on this, but if there is one, I'd gladly take a link instead of waste someones time to make one from scratch.

okay so heres what I'm requesting:

A tutorial on how to make an RPG/Platformer that focuses mainly on components of these types of games (and not learning how to make a random application). My computer is pretty slow so I'm probably sticking to codeblocks or visual studios to make a game (instead of unity or something). I have a few c++ books so i can always use those for extra help. I'd really like it to include stuff like:

importing stuff
animating characters (I've only used macromedia flash so the whole art portion is really confusing)
jumping/moving/etc
NPCs
health/enemies/money_system/etc
quests (or having people say different things once something is done. I guess you'd use variables to achieve this but I'm pretty clueless about how to go about doing it)

I know thats alot.. but yeah, i'm really desperate here Sad ... I dont know a lot of c++, just basics of programming like strings, variables, arrays, classes etc (though i really dont know c++ syntax at all.. so if you would explain like Im a noob)

I would really appreciate any help , thanks!! (also, I'm planning to stick to 2d animation, possibly sidescroller or kind of overhead view scroller)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »

You're probably not going to get very far trying to bypass learning a language and even learning the basics of a framework to try for a tutorial in a specific game style. You would do well to find a general tutorial for a framework (as that would generally explain both the language a bit as well as the framework's makings) and go from there.

If you want to use ActionScript (which I would recommend except for Adobe's cancelled Flash export for Android), then I would recommend using FlashPunk and learning how to use it by going through its tutorials here. I would also recommend Python as a scripting language, as it's powerful but easy to use. PyGame is a nice framework to use, as well, and even has some nice game-specific features (like collision masks).

beestings
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »

im okay with learning the language (and general framework) but just cant focus when I know I'm making a product/outcome unrelated to a game. If I'm going to use a class, string, variable, Boolean  , or WHATEVER it may be, to create a character or a NPC or maybe a enemy then I could do that for hours, but if I'm doing that stuff to create something way random its just a lot more difficult for me.

I'm also pretty set on learning either C++, C# or Java  Concerned , even though those languages are a bit more complex/harder to learn... If I have any problems with any of those languages I have sources to get help besides the internet (my mom knows Java and knows a lot of different languages and a family friend knows C# and java fluently for his job). Plus these just seem like languages that are most commonly and broadly used and I dont want to learn actionscript fluently and then have to switch to c# or something (even though it'll be easier to learn c# after I'm pretty good at another language... it just seems like a hassle to me). Okay, so basically I'm definitely going into c++, c#, or java..  Shrug

any tutorials fitting this would be so amazing, and really SolarLune thanks for the feed back Smiley
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2012, 05:41:42 PM »

I see, I see. In the end, I think the language is somewhat minor, as usually there's 2D and/or 3D framework that uses one of the major languages (i.e. C++, Python, Lua, ActionScript, etc). Here's an old 2D tutorial set for SDL and C++, though they're general-purpose game development tutorials. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find specific tutorials for the subjects that you want (i.e. a from-the-ground-up C++ action RPG tutorial).

Some of those topics are pretty tough, like jumping from an overhead view, since that's basically 3-dimensions. You should start with a simple tutorial that establishes the basics of developing a game, like collision checking and using a tileset and level editor to make levels.

And no prob.

Serapth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 30, 2012, 06:02:47 AM »

Well, I did a long C++ game using SFML, where the end game was Pong, but it was massively over engineered, so you could easily adapt what you've learn to making any kind of game.

That said, you still need to learn the basics of programming, you really can't skip that part.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: October 15, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »

If there's anyone more experienced with Box2D and/or physics engines in general than I, and is using Game Maker Studio, I'd kill for a full-fledged physics tutorial.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, based on the instructions the GMS manual gives, but I cannot get fixtures to cooperate with me. If I don't use a polygon shape, something goes wrong. Every time.

cubertron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 16, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »

Unity3D tutorials for total beginners, anyone?
Impossible Realms
Level 2

Lurks in Pre-Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 27, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »

I'd like to know just how do you make slopes in a platformer game (I use Java BTW). Almost no one seems to know how to do it, and the few members of the "in" crowd that do are cryptic about it whenever anyone asks them. Also, yes, Google got me nothing...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic