Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:44:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsRequest a Tutorial
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27
Print
Author Topic: Request a Tutorial  (Read 182561 times)
geoface
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »

Looking for a tutorial(HTML5 possibly) for an endless swimmer preferably for mobile or with the ability to be used on mobile. I already have made the artwork for my idea now I need to program it but alas I cannot write code.

Basic functionality, player stays on the center line, two buttons. One to jump up, one to dive down. Both go go to a height of the same distance but in opposite directions(up and down). There will be constant obstacles that will kill the player. There will be also constant objects that will give the player some points. Obstacles will be in a horizontal zig-zag formation(with occasional gaps for objects that give points), meaning for some obstacles the player will jump over it, and for some the player must dive under it.

Thats pretty much the game logic. I hope theres something out there similar or can be made similar because I cannot find it through google. I'd really appreciate any help.

Trash_Empire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 30, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »

Looking for a tutorial(HTML5 possibly) for an endless swimmer preferably for mobile or with the ability to be used on mobile. I already have made the artwork for my idea now I need to program it but alas I cannot write code.
If your wanting to do the game alone, then you should probably learn normal programming before diving into programming in terms of game development. The game you have described sounds really nice for a mobile platform, after initial release of course. I recommend that you learn Java. It is not very hard to grasp, and once you grasp the object oriented design patterns, all other programming languages are easy to learn. Java is good for mobile development, because the android SDK for making applications is Java and some xml. So look up tutorials for Java and look into the Java API. Then gravitate towards Game Dev.
P.S. Java is not JavaScript. They are different.
Trash_Empire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 30, 2014, 07:11:22 AM »

I would be really interested in any tutorials about very basic art or very basic music or sfx. I am horrible when it comes to those. So any tutorial that is for a beginner at art. I can't draw a straight line. I'm even worse at audio. So anything would be helpful, please someone send me in the direction I need to be in. Beg Beg Beg
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 30, 2014, 02:28:01 PM »

Hey guys, I'm looking for tutorials AND gifs of pixel explosions. I like to analyze gifs frame by frame, they also help, but in general I'd like to learn how to animate explosions the way they were animated in retro games.

So if you have any images (even the smallest ones) or tutorials, please help me Concerned

Example of what I mean:

Substance_G
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 15, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »

I apologize if a tutorial like this has already been listed in this thread. I'm new to this forum and am not familiar with everything yet.

I think a tutorial for a "Gone Home style" game with object manipulation, object viewing (zooming in to view letters), and minimal dialog tree features (similar to the dialog mechanic in The Walking Dead where a limited amount of time is given to respond) would be immensely helpful not only for me but for many other amateur developers interested in this genre. Essentially, it would be a tutorial for a 3D adventure game with basic dialog, object manipulation, and AI for NPCs.

I'm certainly not asking for a tutorial that will explain how to make this game from start to finish. It's simply a matter of not finding tutorials like this online. Youtube tends to only have tutorials for popuplar genres such as FPSes and platformers. The only adventure game related tutorials I saw were either advertising the use of an asset package in Unity or not providing the same mechanics seen in games such as Gone Home.

Gamedragon
« Reply #505 on: August 14, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »

A pixel art tutorial for people who have absolutely no idea whatsoever how art works (In other words me). I have looked at other tutorials but they all go way over my head.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 14, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »

A pixel art tutorial for people who have absolutely no idea whatsoever how art works (In other words me). I have looked at other tutorials but they all go way over my head.

I think Derek Yu's tutorial is pretty straightforward and good for beginners. It will get you started along the path, but don't expect perfection immediately -- good art takes time and practice.

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 01, 2014, 06:50:55 PM »

I'd really like a Unity tutorial about shadow aliasing.

Mine is on the right and another Unity game is on the left.  I don't have the pro version, because $2,000 is crazy but that's beside the point, so I'm using a directional light only for my shadows. The other game uses the pro version so I was wondering if that made a different. I really want aliased shadows, basically raytraced looking, I'm not sure if that was an old version of unity or not though.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: September 01, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »

i know the pro version has better shadows, but i dont know if it solves this particular issue.

Brainswitch
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2014, 05:53:37 PM »

Unity Pro supports 'soft' shadows out of the box, but I know you can get it yourself in Unity Free with some tinkering (I just crank up the MSAA instead - which might be what the 'other game' is using, that or some Image Effect AA). I know I saw a Unity forum thread about shadow filtering in Unity Free a while ago. Ah, here it is:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/implementing-custom-shadow-map-filtering.256998/
https://github.com/unitycoder/IndieSoftShadow

Tribune
Level 0

Burn, heretics!

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 11, 2014, 02:09:12 AM »

Anyone know a good tutorial on either GOAP or FSM AI? There's some good stuff on tutsplus but it'd be nice to have more.  Smiley
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 17, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »

Any idea what type of shader this is on when moving your crosshair over stuff in Gone Home or Doom 3?

Are there any existing/tutorials for a shaders like that in Unity? I'm pretty awful at making shaders but I can get my objects to switch shaders on crosshair over already.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:34:40 PM by Armageddon » Logged

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2015, 08:14:17 PM »

this thread is a joke. might as well throw your post into an abyss.
LunarFantom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2015, 10:09:06 AM »

I wish to use AGE as made by Sylvain Seccia (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=43881;sa=showPosts) but don't really know what I'm doing because I am a huge newb. I'll probably make separate threads to ask questions if I'm allowed, but a tutorial would be very helpful regardless.
noeleon89
« Reply #514 on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:28 PM »

I request unity 5 audio mixer tool tutorial
RamyDergham1995
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 09, 2015, 06:59:58 AM »

Box2d As3 advanced tutorial and tips to make the game smooth
Sgt. Pepper
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 09, 2015, 11:00:31 AM »

Anything relating to Java   Embarrassed
kokoko
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2015, 04:24:58 AM »

I m try to make game on GameMaker and i m stuck now

I have Sprites

Stance
crouch
stance-punch
crouch-Punch

what i do now when i press "P" button on my keyboard my character show punch animations but i want when my character crouch position and i press "P" button from my keyboard then character should show crouch punch animations but he always show stance punch animation how do i show different animations on "P" button

when my character stance and
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »

You need to make a "stance" variable that changes value in order to track wether or not your player is crouched or not. If you have no other stance than crouch, you can also make the variable's name be "crouched" with true or false as its possible values.

Carpetwurm
Level 0

Nobody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »

Could anyone do a simple tutorial for optimizing Unity PC games?  Shrug

>Forum signatures
>[current year]
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic