Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 12:52:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPlaystation 4
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Playstation 4  (Read 18857 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »

No Muslim presenters at Sony event, what does Sony have against Muslims? Tongue

Seriously, I watched the whole event and that was the furthest thing from my mind. I didn't see it as sexism in action, just an unfortunate reminder that the industry still needs a bigger female presence in the first place. But that's not really just on Sony's end, besides a select handful there really aren't many prominent women in the industry.

It seems like a lot of people are really grasping at straws here trying to find something controversial to spin about Sony's event. Te best criticisms that I can find regarding the event are mostly talking about the feasibility of some of the tech demos we saw on the PS4 hardware and if Sony isn't trying to pass CGI rendered footage as comparable to PS3 gameplay.

This just seems like the drama brigade drumming up unnecessary vitriol against Sony.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
feminazi
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2013, 09:28:32 PM »

yawn. i noticed. you didn't. good for you, Man.
AshfordPride
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2013, 09:53:20 PM »

i think they're just out of touch with the female market, since they keep doing stuff without thinking of how it'd offend 40% of their customers (40% of everyone who buys videogames is female)

I think they're out of touch with the everything market.  They keep pushing all this social media stuff, but it never seems to catch fire the way they want it to.  It makes me wonder if this whole social media scene is dead.  It seems like my parents use the stuff more than I ever did, but I'm far from the litmus test for the average social media user.  Seems like the right way to force people into social media is to bribe them.  As lousy as it is, nothing seems to teach people how to post statuses or updates or tweets about their game than to promise them an in-game reward or some kind of achievement.  But ultimately, it seems like it's ideas that are a little too late and are things that nobody is really excited about.  I mean, personally I have some really great moments in Dota 2, and I have the capacity to edit them into clips and put them on Youtube, and Valve has made this as painless as possible...  But I still don't do it.  Because ultimately I just don't find that to be an exciting aspect of things.  

It's the same as when a game really pushes itself as an e-sport or whatever.  It all feels like a lot of talk and wasted effort.  I'm just here for the games.  

isn't this literally what you're doing right now

It's like some sort of joke.

But wait, it's too ironic to be a joke...

Unless...  The irony...  Was the joke?

Or maybe my entire schtick is so masturbatory and self-referential that it's impossible for anyone to even tell where I'm coming from.  But doctor, I am Pagliacci...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:01:24 PM by Samtagonist » Logged
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »

is it still a joke if it's not funny

maybe it's just a bad joke?

who knows

i personally find your extreme egocentrism amusing. it's like you're incapable of understanding why people who are different from you might like different things. is that a joke?

I mean, personally I have some really great moments in Dota 2, and I have the capacity to edit them into clips and put them on Youtube, and Valve has made this as painless as possible...  But I still don't do it.  Because ultimately I just don't find that to be an exciting aspect of things.  

It's the same as when a game really pushes itself as an e-sport or whatever.  It all feels like a lot of talk and wasted effort.  I'm just here for the games.

=

I don't care about these things, so why would anyone even bother making or talking about them! It's such a waste of time!

you're kinda a self-important tool, bro
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:38:38 PM by Blademasterbobo » Logged

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2013, 10:39:46 PM »

You can tell there was no black people but you can't tell if there was no muslim, it's a religion, you wouldn't know. You can't tell if there was a christian either nor how many atheist and agnostic there was too. Tongue
Fucking stupid media has stereotype the muslim so much you think vanilla medal of honor taliban are what ALL muslim look like, which is precisely the problem we try to raise in game content. Tongue

AshfordPride
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2013, 11:01:56 PM »

you're kinda a self-important tool, bro

But I totally like watching videos that other people have made using those things.  I'm only saying it's not something that really interests me.  When they talk about this stuff, it just doesn't interest me.  Obviously the effects are going to trickle down regardless, and the positive and negative will come my way, and it'll probably culminate in me watching some videos on Youtube of Dota2 made possible by all these systems they put.  But me?  It's just not my bag.  I'm not the sort to make videos, watch streams, or really participate in a lot of the aspects of the community that seem to be being pushed by a lot of the people who make games.  Oh gosh, because I'm not head over heals with the idea of putting up my 5/6/4 game as Skeleton King I must just be a petulant infant refusing a big ol' spoonful of progress as it's thrust into my tightly pursed lips.  I'm sorry we can't all turn our eyes skyward and just wonder how the Playstation move is going to make the best video games ever, or how great another game in a series I've never played is going to be, or how fantastic a console I'm not going to own is going to be.  Seriously, here's a challenge, get hype for a share button on a console.  See if you can be that sincere without all that forced saccharine wonderment towards something so five-years-ago and banal forcing the color to drain from you like you just got tag-teamed by Murky and Lurky.

You're misreading me because in your head I've become some megalomaniac monsters.  Or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm a megalomaniac monster.  Oh gosh, that's a sort of frightening torus of psychological trauma, isn't it?  Where exactly did the inception of me being the biggest piece of shit even start? 
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2013, 11:11:13 PM »

what are you even talking about anymore, you lost me

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »

But I totally like watching videos that other people have made using those things.  I'm only saying it's not something that really interests me.  When they talk about this stuff, it just doesn't interest me.  Obviously the effects are going to trickle down regardless, and the positive and negative will come my way, and it'll probably culminate in me watching some videos on Youtube of Dota2 made possible by all these systems they put.  But me?  It's just not my bag.  I'm not the sort to make videos, watch streams, or really participate in a lot of the aspects of the community that seem to be being pushed by a lot of the people who make games.  Oh gosh, because I'm not head over heals with the idea of putting up my 5/6/4 game as Skeleton King I must just be a petulant infant refusing a big ol' spoonful of progress as it's thrust into my tightly pursed lips.  I'm sorry we can't all turn our eyes skyward and just wonder how the Playstation move is going to make the best video games ever, or how great another game in a series I've never played is going to be, or how fantastic a console I'm not going to own is going to be.  Seriously, here's a challenge, get hype for a share button on a console.  See if you can be that sincere without all that forced saccharine wonderment towards something so five-years-ago and banal forcing the color to drain from you like you just got tag-teamed by Murky and Lurky.

You're misreading me because in your head I've become some megalomaniac monsters.  Or maybe I'm just saying that because I'm a megalomaniac monster.  Oh gosh, that's a sort of frightening torus of psychological trauma, isn't it?  Where exactly did the inception of me being the biggest piece of shit even start? 

/\
||

It all feels like a lot of talk and wasted effort.  I'm just here for the games. 

orly Droop
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »

without a true vision behind it, at least nintendo came with genuine way they think would make game better, and some of their production are alien regarding time they were created (animal crossing, wario ware or tomodatchi collection), even if we don't always agree with their direction (wii fit, wii sport or wii music, at least most people except me).

Sony? slap the latest trend and call it a day

Because making a new console with a tablet attachment isn't slapping the latest trend on your product and calling it a day.

You mean that it isn't an extension of that DS thingy they made before touchscreen was cool? It's not like thay haven't been toying with dual screen since the GBA days (zelda four sword, crystal chronicle, zelda wind waker), and what about game and watch.

Hell no poor nintendo they follow trend instead of setting them (pad, analog stick, flipper button, dual screen, rumble, proper 3D exploration and camera, lock on, contextual button, motion control, touch screen, dual screen) ... heck the playstation WAS a nintendo idea (extension for snes with 3d capability) following their experimentation with superFX ship on 3D gaming (starfox, stunt race fx).

I was talking in the context of the WiiU and they are certainly feeling the pain financially.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2013, 11:59:53 PM »

But I'm talking about the wii U, we knew they where toying with a second screen since the wii reveal (they explain that in 2005 about developing the wiimote) but ultimately decide not to and focus on motion control. And we have evidence with gba connection it's even more longer they were toying with the idea, the timing is unfortunate but they put lot of thought that predate the trend!

I was able to anticipate motion control because they did it before (yoshi gravity something on gba, kirby tilt n tumble and wario ware something).

However right now I can't see what experiment they made in the past they can reuse now (except the virtual boy, occulus show they can go there).

feminazi
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:59 AM »

i think all 3 companies are chasing tablets and not that dum gba linking thing
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013, 12:28:03 AM »

But I'm talking about the wii U, we knew they where toying with a second screen since the wii reveal (they explain that in 2005 about developing the wiimote) but ultimately decide not to and focus on motion control. And we have evidence with gba connection it's even more longer they were toying with the idea, the timing is unfortunate but they put lot of thought that predate the trend!

I was able to anticipate motion control because they did it before (yoshi gravity something on gba, kirby tilt n tumble and wario ware something).

However right now I can't see what experiment they made in the past they can reuse now (except the virtual boy, occulus show they can go there).

I think if tablets weren't so hot right now Nintendo wouldn't have gone this route. I think the same about 3d with the 3ds.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013, 12:29:39 AM »

Think what you want, I only brought the fact

playstation 4 is really backfiring hard on sony or what? it's like worst PR ever, I'm sure m$ is taking note.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2013, 12:47:52 AM »

It is funny and rotten art of its own how some lobby-dudes can present all the good things as bad ones.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
ClayB
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:30 AM »

playstation 4 is really backfiring hard on sony or what? it's like worst PR ever, I'm sure m$ is taking note.

That looks like a tim and eric sketch.

I wouldn't say any of this backfired per se, at least not anymore than the usual press conference. Or to the magnitude presented in that video.

It's all a matter of perspective.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2013, 01:11:11 AM »

It's not just NRA (the video, famous korean news reporter) it pretty much sum up the reception I'm reading so far, even the stock has take a hit, no one believe, there was nothing to show something different (yet).

edit:

More indie news
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/187080/Which_indies_are_working_on_PS4_games_and_why.php

Indie friendly not just an open platform?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:29:13 AM by Gimym TILBERT » Logged

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2013, 01:32:39 AM »

You can tell there was no black people but you can't tell if there was no muslim, it's a religion, you wouldn't know. You can't tell if there was a christian either nor how many atheist and agnostic there was too. Tongue
Fucking stupid media has stereotype the muslim so much you think vanilla medal of honor taliban are what ALL muslim look like, which is precisely the problem we try to raise in game content. Tongue

Facepalm

Damn, I knew that was a poor analogy. I was just merely pointing out that the absence of a particular race/gender/etc at the event was not indicative of some sort of hidden Sony agenda. I just said Muslim because it was the first random designation other than the standard of <insert black person here> that popped up in my mind. The point is that it's manufactured controversy, not that we should be surprised when it comes to game journalism at this point :/

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
feminazi
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2013, 02:23:21 AM »

da only thing im surprisd by is how dum u are
feminazi
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »

so wats gona win da consol war ps4 or ouya
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:52 AM »

Facepalm

Damn, I knew that was a poor analogy. I was just merely pointing out that the absence of a particular race/gender/etc at the event was not indicative of some sort of hidden Sony agenda. I just said Muslim because it was the first random designation other than the standard of <insert black person here> that popped up in my mind. The point is that it's manufactured controversy, not that we should be surprised when it comes to game journalism at this point :/

Who talk about hidden agenda, you don't need hidden agenda to be insensitive, and you didn't notice the smiley do you? Also I pointed earlier that nintendo direct has no female speaker too ... the ps4 was boring, that's why they start counting the women, because there was nothing to hold their attention. It's not manufactured, it's just people noticing.

alastair for posterity
The Tamgotchi will win, it has lots of limitations and weak hardware because they help you be more creative.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic