Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:42:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPlaystation 4
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Playstation 4  (Read 18866 times)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2013, 01:50:10 AM »

B-but I'm a man and I don't like sports!  But I'm a woman and I like sports!  SHIT LIKE THIS EVA, THIS SHIT IS WHY YOUR KIND FEEL LIKE PARIAHS.  It's because everyone is getting a fucking raw deal, we just don't have this obnoxious banner to sit under and sing songs about how terrible everyone else is.  

do you mean this banner

i guess that disparity IS obnoxious
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2013, 02:10:57 AM »

He's also not from Japan, and can bring an understanding of Western cultures and business to the design of the PS4. All of these are positive developments, given the areas where Sony has lost the most ground in the current console cycle.
In other words a strong gpgpu and 8 gb of unified ram is great.

I only hope the fast gddr5 ram is relyable. When pixel-errors occur it doesn't affect the game. However when logic-data errors occur it can break the game.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2013, 02:43:09 AM »

We need to invoke a mod to split the eva/sam nuklear earthshaterring debate

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2013, 03:13:37 AM »

Radical feminists just need to be gagged before they ruin the image of women worldwide. I'm all for equal rights and all that, however I'm not going to handicap myself just because a woman can't/doesn't want to keep up.

Earlier I was debating with friends why there are so few women in technical colleges. Radical feminists get all histerical on this topic, while the truth is that women choose for themselves and prefer to enroll in other colleges. Why are there so few males in medical and social sciences colleges? They aren't few, they just get drowned by the flood of females.

It's choice. Women of current generation just aren't as excited by Sony and PS4. If there was Justin Bieber at PS4 unveiling, I can bet my remaining kidney there'd be more women than men. Well, truth be told, teenage girls rather than women.

That's how it is.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2013, 03:23:16 AM »

Radical feminists just need to be gagged before they ruin the image of women worldwide. I'm all for equal rights and all that, however I'm not going to handicap myself just because a woman can't/doesn't want to keep up.
what's your definition of a "radical feminist?"

also next comment like this
Radical feminists just need to be gagged
is a ban.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:35 AM »

In an unexpected move, French developer Quantic Dream has entered a partnership with Nintendo to create a new Sonic the Hedgehog social game exclusively for Nintendo's WiiU console. "We are using the most advanced motion capture technology available at the moment," says lead designer David Cage, "this project will revolutionize social gaming as well as the Sonic the Hedgehog." Award-winning Hollywood actor Tom Hanks has been rumored to play the titular blue critter while Bill Murray will purportedly take on the role of his rival Shadow.

Oh great sonic is gonna control like a tank now.

He's also not from Japan, and can bring an understanding of Western cultures and business to the design of the PS4. All of these are positive developments, given the areas where Sony has lost the most ground in the current console cycle.
In other words a strong gpgpu and 8 gb of unified ram is great.

I only hope the fast gddr5 ram is relyable. When pixel-errors occur it doesn't affect the game. However when logic-data errors occur it can break the game.

Is GDDR5 known to have volatility issues?

feminazi
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »

Radical feminists just need to be gagged before they ruin the image of women worldwide.
yeah because people like you are so stupid enough to judge an entire group of people based on what a subset say. radical feminists is actually just a code word for a feminist who talks, and feminist is a code word for a woman who hates men. guess who created this fear!

I'm all for equal rights and all that,
"i'm not racist but..."

however I'm not going to handicap myself just because a woman can't/doesn't want to keep up.

handicap? oh, right. the privileged who cried "affirmative action".

Earlier I was debating with friends why there are so few women in technical colleges. Radical feminists get all histerical on this topic, while the truth is that women choose for themselves and prefer to enroll in other colleges. Why are there so few males in medical and social sciences colleges? They aren't few, they just get drowned by the flood of females.

It's choice. Women of current generation just aren't as excited by Sony and PS4. If there was Justin Bieber at PS4 unveiling, I can bet my remaining kidney there'd be more women than men. Well, truth be told, teenage girls rather than women.

That's how it is.
"radical feminists" get hysterical because RADICAL RETARDS(ha ha, i said your favorite word. get offended, fucker) like you can't see beyond "that's how it is." MRA's must be getting literally nothing done.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2013, 03:54:16 AM »

It's choice.

do you mean this choice

mipe's not going to handicap himself just because women are paid less for the same work
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2013, 04:14:46 AM »

Does that chart take into account that there are more women than men homemakers (which is another whole issue in itself)? I.e. is the median income of all employed men and women, or all men and women?

EDIT: Here's an interesting page with more statistics: http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/womens-earnings-and-income

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2013, 04:23:40 AM »

i love charts

why should all these men have to handicap themselves just because women are paid less??? i am sure that mipe is right and it's just that women are too lazy or choose to be poorer. its probably because they have tits or something
Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:33 AM »

what's your definition of a "radical feminist?"
There is a wikipedia article on the topic, but I guess you are more interested in how I view radical feminists.

Well, I have nothing against feminists in general, however I can't stand those who would deprive others of rights. Those are radical feminists that go to extremes to harass any opposition, depriving them of their rights, in order to force their own agenda. They basically are hypocrites. If I had to find an analogy... they are like the domestic terrorists who kill innocents to assert their ideals (think IRA). In fact, in their heated speeches radical feminists often shout to kill all men.

I've never been good with my words, so I'll just show this video you've probably already seen:

Blocking students from attending? Shouting them down with verbal abuse? How is that going to help women assert equal rights?

Radical feminists just need to be gagged
is a ban.
For something like that? I just stated that radical feminists needed to be silenced because they are doing more damage than good to the women's cause. Gagging is forcibly silencing someone from speaking/crying out, as the Google definition says. You may notice that radical feminists employ that method thoroughly, interrupting any reasonable arguments by their opponents with hysterical shouting, verbal abuse or blowhorns.

With radical feminists, as with any other radical movement, no reasonable discussion can be held. All you get in response is verbal abuse and obstruction.

It wouldn't be the first time to get banned for something trivial like this while I've received all sorts of abuse on this very forum and yet perpetrators never were even slapped onto their hands.

Well, whatever, do what you must. I could care less after seeing you skip all over eva's downright verbal abuse.

@crowe: Yes, choice. Women choose less paying jobs, they get easily complacent with what they have. Moreover, they cost employers more than male employees do: in benefits and absences. That may explain why men receive more net payment than women, when they have the same hourly rates.

Do you really expect employers to pay more for female employees just so they have the same numbers on paycheck as males?

It's easy to cherry pick figures. Why don't you show me figures that show productivity for each gender? Let's see if women really are doing the same work.

@eva: Privileged? Ha. Far from it. I am a handicapped person, being deaf. Do you realize how tough is it to live as a deaf person? Everyone expects you to answer the phone. Car drivers expect you to hear their engine as they creep up on your back. Employers tell me they will call when they learn I'm deaf. I get called when waiting on my appointment, but I never hear the call and they assume I never came.

Now imagine you were blind, wheelchair bound, terminally ill. In that regard, I feel myself privileged for being able to walk the sidewalk and watch the birds. I will never hear those birds, however, nor will I hear the newborn's first cry.

Ah, ignorance is bliss.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2013, 04:38:29 AM »

@crowe: Yes, choice. Women choose less paying jobs, they get easily complacent with what they have. Moreover, they cost employers more than male employees do: in benefits and absences. That may explain why men receive more net payment than women, when they have the same hourly rates.

I don't think you understood what I said. I'm not talking about being paid less with the same hourly rate, I'm talking about identical jobs having DIFFERENT rates, or different salaries for salary positions. Do the same amount of work: get paid less. Even if your unsubstantiated claim that women "choose less paying jobs" were true, they'd still get paid less on average than a man choosing that same menial job.

Also, women "get easily complacent with what they have"? The fuck is wrong with you?
feminazi
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2013, 04:39:13 AM »

Do you really expect employers to pay more for female employees just so they have the same numbers on paycheck as males?

It's easy to cherry pick figures. Why don't you show me figures that show productivity for each gender? Let's see if women really are doing the same work.

ooh look, come up with more conspiracy theories will ya? women are just naturally inferior, duh!! here's one article you can start with.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/science/bias-persists-against-women-of-science-a-study-says.html?_r=0

@eva: Privileged? Ha. Far from it. I am a handicapped person, being deaf. Do you realize how tough is it to live as a deaf person? Everyone expects you to answer the phone. Car drivers expect you to hear their engine as they creep up on your back. Employers tell me they will call when they learn I'm deaf. I get called when waiting on my appointment, but I never hear the call and they assume I never came.

Now imagine you were blind, wheelchair bound, terminally ill. In that regard, I feel myself privileged for being able to walk the sidewalk and watch the birds. I will never hear those birds, however, nor will I hear the newborn's first cry.

Ah, ignorance is bliss.
i really don't care for your plight as you demonstrated you care for no one's. i despise you and i'll be happy to make fun of you for being deaf, and even tell you straight up, that i don't believe you, because i'm just fucked up like that.
Uykered
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2013, 04:50:36 AM »

The Gender Equality Paradox documentary:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp0tg8_hjernevask-brainwashing-english-part-1-the-gender-equality-paradox_news#.USi6MjA9G6U
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2013, 04:52:56 AM »

Well, I have nothing against feminists in general, however I can't stand those who would deprive others of rights. Those are radical feminists that go to extremes to harass any opposition, depriving them of their rights, in order to force their own agenda. They basically are hypocrites. If I had to find an analogy... they are like the domestic terrorists who kill innocents to assert their ideals (think IRA). In fact, in their heated speeches radical feminists often shout to kill all men.
do you think anyone in this thread fits this description?

For something like that? I just stated that radical feminists needed to be silenced because they are doing more damage than good to the women's cause.
oops  sorry i confused gagging w/ choking. my english has failed me

still dude, you kinda have a track record of saying awful shit on this forum. for now i'm not gonna do anything though because right now you're doing a good job digging a hole for yourself.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:00:52 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54:58 AM »

I bet Microsoft is gonna have mostly women on their next event, just to make Sony look worse.

feminazi
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2013, 04:59:28 AM »

http://www.slideshare.net/kellan/more-women-in-engineering-something-that-actually-worked-14630106
Mipe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »

@crowe: Fair enough, there may be different rates. However the differences are much bigger between different backgrounds than genders. It doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman when applying for the position; your background matters more, even your skin color matters more. The racism is still heavily present in the industry.

If you have the knowledge and experience, however, any serious employer will gladly slap you onto the back, welcoming you into the team. Oh wait, no, they can't, because it'd be sexual harassment. Successful women get better jobs and are better paid than majority of men. Because not everyone can be as successful as someone with the education and experience. It doesn't matter if your lawyer is a woman or a man, black, white or green, as long as she/he can bail you out of the case.

I am still waiting for productivity charts, by the way. For some reason I can't seem to find them, just this one dubious blog about men being 32% more productive than women because women goof off during work more. I'm sure there can be more credible articles, however I am working right now. A woman could have been 32% more likely to take her time searching for articles to back her claim up, however.

@eva: There is bias, yes, however it is due to women that choose one area of interests over another, thus forming those huge gaps in gender representation. You don't see many male waiters. You don't see many male nurses, either, it's mostly females. On other hand, you don't see many female engineers, researchers etc. They are present, however in specific fields that interest them more.

There are awful lot of male experts in breast cancer research & development. I guess they care more about women than they do about themselves.

Those are just observations. I'm just saying that women choose what they want to do and it's less likely they'll populate the ranks of engineers and scientists, as long as they hold on their femininity.

If women drop their femininity and men drop their masculinity, then we may see a more equal gender distribution in virtually all areas of interests. That's all it amounts down to.

It all begins in the childhood, when children start to choose their own toys. By then, they already are influenced by parents; do you think dolls fit the girl more than robot toys? Then you may already be indoctrinating your children.

Me? I would give them toys that enable children to be creative and inquisitive. Lego and the stuff. One of my acquaintances, who has a high paying job, has two little children - he provides them with such toys and they haven't touched dolls nor plushies ever since.

Then children are influenced by other children surrounding them. Share their toys, form little interest groups; one playing with train set, other playing with Barbie and Ken's doll house.

You can already see where this is going. Think about it. We are who define ourselves, but everything is set during the childhood already. Blame your parents who bought you "typical" toys and clothes. Blame your choice of friends from which you inherited their tastes and preferences. And make sure you don't make the same mistake with your own children - should you ever have them.

Then those children may be able to fix that gender inequality a little bit on their own.

That's what I believe in.

EDIT:
This sums it up very nicely.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:15:27 AM by Mipe » Logged
feminazi
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2013, 05:52:27 AM »

I am still waiting for productivity charts, by the way. For some reason I can't seem to find them, just this one dubious blog about men being 32% more productive than women because women goof off during work more. I'm sure there can be more credible articles, however I am working right now. A woman could have been 32% more likely to take her time searching for articles to back her claim up, however.

uh, did you even read that link. holy fucking shit. it's a site that's trying to sell you analytics software. who the fuck is shopping at work and how does alt-tabbing more frequently mean you're more productive? productive at what??? if you want stuff about work ethics, how about homework?
Research on gender differences in doing homework has revealed that in comparison to boys, girls more frequently report using strategies such as managing their work space, allocating their time, and monitoring their emotions while doing homework (Xu 2006). Girls also report spending more time on homework, and they are less likely than boys to find homework boring or to come to class without completed assignments (Rogers and Hallam 2006). Furthermore, studies examining the relationship between achievement and self-regulated learning have shown that girls tend to have stronger mastery goal orientation, intrinsic motivation, and greater cognitive engagement than boys (Ablard and Lipschultz 1998); thus, boys may be at greater risk of becoming disengaged in school.

note: i don't even even believe this is a factor, at all, but you seem to want to know which "gender" is more "lazy" just so you can justify the pay gap. Roll Eyes

@eva: There is bias, yes, however it is due to women that choose one area of interests over another, thus forming those huge gaps in gender representation. You don't see many male waiters. You don't see many male nurses, either, it's mostly females. On other hand, you don't see many female engineers, researchers etc. They are present, however in specific fields that interest them more.
yawn. when engineers are actively saying it's a man's job and nurses are actively saying it's a woman's job it's basically a signal that they're not welcome. to accept it as truth and leave it alone just because you don't want to be a nurse is sending that signal out. but as i linked a second ago - turns out being actually inviting works, so natural interests your fucking deaf ass.

also the bias link was explaining the pay gap, you idiot. fucking read for once
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:59:08 AM by _e_va » Logged
feminazi
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2013, 06:04:36 AM »

I bet Microsoft is gonna have mostly women on their next event, just to make Sony look worse.

i bet microsoft is actively already doing this. 343 industries is headed by bonnie ross who is being active about sexism on xbl and the game design itself and employs talent like corrinne yu, and whenever 343 is interviewed they always have frankie and kiki wolfkill paired up. microsoft also revealed some interesting data about the xbox demographic when promoting their new xbox entertainment company (also headed by a woman)

microsoft also announced this the same day as sony's conference, as well as sponsoring women in gaming at gdc
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic