Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:50:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKingdoms Rise
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: Kingdoms Rise  (Read 61219 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »

Made a bunch more sounds today, jumping, rolling, landing, dying, body falls, drawing and putting away swords and many more,
bad part about working on sounds, I have nothing cool to show in this post.

As for the HUD, Paul partially programmed in the new HUD design, it's looking a lot more functional now, we also did a lot of work on our animation system, We made the characters feet stay planted in place when turning the look from left to right

Before now the player would pivot around on the spot like he's standing on an invisible lazy Susan

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »

I put recent sound work into a video so y'all can listen it

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 12:57:09 AM »

I'm loving those sounds and mockups Kiss I'm all for minimalistic, sleek HUDs.

Ant
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 01:02:58 AM »

wow visually this is all looking amazing  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Uykered
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »

Sounds good, are you doing the voice for those attacks or did you find some onlines?
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 02:52:36 AM »

Sounds good, are you doing the voice for those attacks or did you find some onlines?
Yeah the vocals are just me, haha
Want to eventually find more suitable voice actors down the track, but I needed something as placeholder for now

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:55 PM »

Can't have a character customizer with only one choice of clothing/armour in each slot/catagory, so I'm making a new armour set

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 03:22:13 AM »

This is amazing. How can only two people make this? Is Unreal Engine really easy to use or something?

Keep on the good work. Btw, will there be projectiles in this game? (Arrows, crossbow, spells...)

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »

This is amazing. How can only two people make this? Is Unreal Engine really easy to use or something?
I wouldn't say it's easy, we've just suffered through the years of practice required to learn it (or at least enough of it)

Keep on the good work. Btw, will there be projectiles in this game? (Arrows, crossbow, spells...)
At the moment projectile weapons go against the game's core design choice of symmetrical combat, so for now my answer is no; there won't be bows or throwing knifes etc.

In Kingdoms Collide we had heaps of projectile weapons in the mix and ultimately it distracted from what made the game fun and in many cases put people off the game completely

Magic spells/abilities on the other hand, yes, we will be having many of those, but they will all be designed as such to enforce sword dueling and never serve as an alternate to fighting fair, so don't expect a fireball spell that you can just sit back and throw from a distance

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 04:33:11 AM »

Today I made a stylish chainmail shirt,

I recorded the whole thing so I'll be uploading a speed model video some time soon, it's kind unfortunate that it's not for a better end result :S

I'm just trying to get used to making speed-modeling videos for when I record myself making something good Tongue

Atrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »

I gotta say this is incredibly impressive for two people and good luck with UDK not my prefered engine but for visuals its amazing.

I really looking forward to this game. Style is amazing and the idea of using spells for strategic combat is great.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:11:11 AM by Atrus » Logged
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »

Thanks Atrus, being a small team on a big project means we need all the encourament we can get.

That speed modeling video i mentioned earlier is still taking it's time to render, but meanwhile
i mak leg;

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »

textured leg

EDIT:
now in engine!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:00:28 PM by Jackson31 » Logged

Uykered
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 08:04:45 PM »

That looks really cool.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

Speed modeling video has finally uploaded;

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

today i'm planning to finish the helmet and shoulder armour for the new set,
this is how far i am into it;

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »

in engine

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 03:47:25 AM »

argh, didn't get to finish the shoulder plates today, still needs to be textured is all,

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 05:24:56 AM »

I like those designs, they feel a little bit Korean and grimdark, but not over the top Smiley
How detailed is the character customizer going to be? Will we be creating our characters from scratch or just changing outfits like in the later Tekken games for example?

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »

I like those designs, they feel a little bit Korean and grimdark, but not over the top Smiley
How detailed is the character customizer going to be? Will we be creating our characters from scratch or just changing outfits like in the later Tekken games for example?

It's going to be pretty detailed, the armor sets will be broken down into slots
-helmet
-hair
-neck
-chest
-hips
-upper legs
-torso (under layer, eg chainmail)
-lower legs (including boots)
-left shoulder
-right shoulder
-lower arms (inc gauntlet / glove)
-sword
-cape

And in the character builder you'll be able to choose any valid piece for that slot (or choose not to wear anything in that slot)
Then you'd be able to re-color parts of the armor to tie it all together with a theme if you have mixed styles of armor plates

I'm not sure if we'll have facial customization like morrowind, but we'll at least have a few skin color and skin age choices. eye and hair color will be changeable separately

So yeah, people should be able to make something pretty unique that they like from it, I've always hated when games just give you a 2 or 3 choices of pre-set designs

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic